It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With the Warm Weather, it's Time to get Out!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Through having the flu several times and sleep problems and my knee arthritis getting worse, I have not gotten a lot of physical exercise done during the winter. Besides work and housework- almost the same as I clean houses, that is about it. I have a $80 high end yoga mat unopened in front of the TV that a client gave me.

My knees are a little better, due to a change in anti inflammatory med. My sleep is a tiny bit better. I have finally, fully recovered from the flu bug I had that had bronchitis as a complication. It can take a few months to feel like yourself again.

My favorite exercise is cardio kickboxing and straight kickboxing. Cardio Tae Bo and Shaolinquan. Zumba too! The waterfront near where I live offers a lot of classes outdoors and I am looking them over now.

I did some yard work today and feel great.

I came across this vid earlier and I pulled out my old Billy Blanks Tae Bo tapes--yes VCR aand did some. Feeling great! This is an inspirational vid!

I think I pick this since my mother sent me to Shaolin lessons when I was about 12. It was on top of Jazzercize, lol.

edit on 18-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
My friend, this is not, proper reparation martial arts for your knee. Look to Tai Ji and Qi Gong.. external arts are not you answer after early 30s. Go inside, the research is available to some degree.

Hatha yoga might be better, but either way, the external arts WILL exhaust your qi
edit on 18-4-2016 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I have finally, fully recovered from the flu bug I had that had bronchitis as a complication. It can take a few months to feel like yourself again.

During my 'outdoor' phase, I had lots of bouts with Bronchitis, I know exactly how you feel.

Wunnerful…

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
My friend, this is not, proper reparation martial arts for your knee. Look to Tai Ji and Qi Gong.. external arts are not you answer after early 30s. Go inside, the research is available to some degree.

Hatha yoga might be better, but either way, the external arts WILL exhaust your qi

As long as I stretch and warm up properly, I'm fine. I can still do a wicked roundhouse kick.

Though, there are several things I will not attempt attempt again. Somewhere here on ATS I have the story of Chuck Norris visiting my kickboxing school. We were learning how to kick through bricks. I had failed miserably after about 100 tries. I broke 3 toes and once fell, spraining my wrist.

Chuck Norris was a friend of the owner of the school and the day we all waited for came. He is a funny and sociable guy. The owner of the school told him that I felt bad, as most students had accomplished this and I had not. Chuck gave me some words of wisdom. Part was to picture my foot already through the bricks, part I can't quite remember. He put his hands on my shoulders, lightly. Not the first time, but the second time, I was standing there with my foot through the bricks in a side kick stance. I sort of waited. Then he said "You can take your foot out now."

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I'm sure, but for your future, I really recommend the inner arts. The external are myopic. 30 years of martial arts and oriental medicine here...not that I'm the end all, but Billy certainly isnt.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I agree. I spent the weekend at my Mom's house helping with her urban garden and helping watch my nephew. Needless to say, I was outside most of the time. The pollen beat me up but it was worth it. We finished nearly all of the prep work for the new crops, but she's adamant that we don't plant anything until next month because of the crazy weather. I was intending to go help my sister w/her garden too but apparently she already has her stuff ready (and most things planted).

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Exactly. Smoking cigars and drinking bourbon indoors gets dull, my porch is much more fun.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I am more prone to indoor dust allergies. That sounds like you had a really good day!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Exactly. Smoking cigars and drinking bourbon indoors gets dull, my porch is much more fun.

*still awaits for invite to Augustus's porch*

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I tend to visit beer gardens from time to time.

I have even dared to eat outside and many fine restaurants we have along the coast.

I even once spent an entire quarter hour talking to individuals outside. They, nor I, had any other means of communicating. So we had to use an age-old practice called, "talking to each other face to face". It's something "retro" and I think hipsters should be trying it any day now just to appear ironic.

As for exercise?
I get winded if I change my mind too quickly. So I tend to avoid that kind of thing.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Open invite for anyone on my friends list.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I tend to visit beer gardens from time to time.

I have even dared to eat outside and many fine restaurants we have along the coast.

I even once spent an entire quarter hour talking to individuals outside. They, nor I, had any other means of communicating. So we had to use an age-old practice called, "talking to each other face to face". It's something "retro" and I think hipsters should be trying it any day now just to appear ironic.

As for exercise?
I get winded if I change my mind too quickly. So I tend to avoid that kind of thing.

I would watch the entire thing, but 'go outside' starts at about 4:50.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Open invite for anyone on my friends list.

woo hoo!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
A bunch of people who aren't practicioners of actual arts. Nobody with black belts or above, staring posts as if they know something from a video.

This pretty much sums up ATS. a bunch of people who read on the Internet.

Lol, I'm sure I won't be missed, as I actually have 2 black belts.I own a perma culture farm, I am a Doc...I am through wasting my time with this sight.

My thanks to Kandinsky and others, but I am through with the idiocy here.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I agree it's time to get out!
This time of the year hiking is prime in my location. Not even really hiking just walking in the woods. It's not too hot or humid that it is uncomfortable yet.
The girls are ramped up in the start of the season so the gym OR even the driveway is great for me showing off my ball handling skills even if I'm just retrieving the balls for the shooters! (Just kidding truly about the skills!)
^Watch it Auggie!
We moved a bunch of stuff yesterday out of storage and it continued into today and it never ceases to amaze me that no matter how physically active one thinks they are, there is always THAT one muscle that is weaker.
In my case, it was my left hip area!
WTH?

On a side note THAT song has special meaning to me/my girls. It was their theme song a few years ago when they played the big AAU tournaments. Nothing more inspiring or pumped than a van full of young girls on their way to kick some butt all belting out "I've got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire Cause I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar Louder, louder than a lion 'Cause I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar"

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
crikey, shaolin and jazzercise. a scary combo..

A bunch of people who aren't practicioners of actual arts. Nobody with black belts

not sure what youre getting at.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
A bunch of people who aren't practicioners of actual arts. Nobody with black belts or above, staring posts as if they know something from a video.

This pretty much sums up ATS. a bunch of people who read on the Internet.

Lol, I'm sure I won't be missed, as I actually have 2 black belts.I own a perma culture farm, I am a Doc...I am through wasting my time with this sight.

My thanks to Kandinsky and others, but I am through with the idiocy here.

What happened to you due to a small post? I am not a black belt in anything, but I have martial arts experience. It's great you have black belts!

This was meant to be inspirational for the good weather. I even posted a video about 'just go outside'.

You would be missed

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
It is a good time to just get up and get moving! My left knee is the thing.

This song is so great and the endless covers can be better!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
crikey, shaolin and jazzercise. a scary combo..

Jazzercize was fun and shaolin was sort of the come down. There was always tea, sitting on the floor after shaolin class. I was the only kid there, the rest were adults.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

woo hoo!

Stop by my Cocktails thread and I can have one waiting for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join