It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Ram problem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

There's nothing untoward in there, no instances of flash either. It's showing the following:

Browser
GPU Process
Extension Ad-Block
Extension Ad-Block Plus
Extension WOT(Web Of Trust)
Tab ATS Ram Problem Page 1

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: longy9999

Add winapp2.ini to CCleaner by going to this link,

www.winapp2.com...

Save the page as a text document and make sure the exact filename is saved as "winapp2.ini."

Either save it into CCleaner's main installation folder or onto your desktop and move it after you verify that it converted correctly. It'll have a gear as an .ini file should if saved correctly. I will never use CCleaner again without it!

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but it just stays as a txt file, I've tried saving directly from the web page and manually copy/pasting into a text doc but nothings happening. I've renamed the file winapp2.ini but it doesn't want to play ball.

I've also installed ADWcleaner as Klassified stated but it didn't find anything.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
you dont need two adblocks and you shouldnt need wot.
try ublock or a different browser,like palemoon or ff light.
im using maxthon and ats is using 180mb of ram.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: longy9999

There's nothing untoward in there, no instances of flash either. It's showing the following:

Browser
GPU Process
Extension Ad-Block
Extension Ad-Block Plus
Extension WOT(Web Of Trust)
Tab ATS Ram Problem Page 1

I still suggest temp file cleaner and adwcleaner, but that's up to you. One other suggestion would be an add-on called "Disconnect" for chrome. It's not an ad-blocker, it's an anti-tracking add-on. It has made a world of difference in Chrome and FF for me. However, your problem may not necessarily be Chrome.
edit on 4/18/2016 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
you dont need two adblocks and you shouldnt need wot.
try ublock or a different browser,like palemoon or ff light.
im using maxthon and ats is using 180mb of ram.

I can't remember exactly why I ended with two of them, I think one blocks ads and the plus version blocks ads on youtube video's which the first one didn't, could probably just get rid of the first one to be fair.

I have WOT on there because my kids sometimes use my PC to play daft online games and they know if a site has a red mark against it then they shouldn't go to it

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I've run adwcleaner and it found nothing other than a dead registry file, I'm going to add disconnect and download temp file cleaner now

EDIT: I'm liking disconnect, even just on here its blocking 7 requests, I dread to think what info some of my other frequent sites have been giving away
edit on 18/4/2016 by longy9999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I've run adwcleaner and it found nothing other than a dead registry file

That's a good thing. One more checked off the list. Now it's a matter of tracking down what's using all that ram when it's peaked out.

What OS are you using?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: longy9999

Strange that you only get adverts on the home screen, on mine I get a large one across the top and then several down the right hand side of the page, when not logged in I get ads inbetween posts on threads too.

That again is part of ATS, they have a quota system to do with the number of posts you have made, once you past the threshold, you will not see ads, other than the home page where you will see ads.
My choice therefore is to not visit the home page, that's not ad blocking it's ad avoidance

My saved preference is just to link to an old thread, easily something you would do most of the time, elsewhere.
edit on 18-4-2016 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Using Firefox ? If so , there are lots of Firefox memory release add-ons. Also , if the issue is with shockwave player and/or plugin-container , google firefox and shockwave plugin stops responding. Therein lies all the answers.

edit on 4/18/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Ive been noticing the same problem the last few days. im using FF with acceleration switched off.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Sorry I haven't replied for a while, been really busy with work.

In the end I did a clean install of Windows 10 and the problem has stopped, my current ram usage is holding at 2.1gb and my CPU is running in idle mode.

Strangely as well the adverts have disappeared completely and I'm running everything just as I was before the re-install.

Not sure what exactly the problem was and if it'll come back at some point but for now everything seems to be working great.

A big thanks for everyone that helped and provided input, its much appreciated
edit on 24/4/2016 by longy9999 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join