It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powell: Troops to start leaving Iraq this year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I didn't see this posted anywhere yet

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050112/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_iraq_3&printer=1

Powell Sees Troops Returning This Year

Wed Jan 12,11:26 AM ET

By BARRY SCHWEID, AP Diplomatic Writer

WASHINGTON - American troops will begin leaving Iraq (news - web sites) this year as the Iraqi army, national guard and police force take on a larger security role, says Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites).

"But I cannot give you a timeline when they will all be home," Powell told National Public Radio in an interview released Wednesday by the State Department.

He may not give a timeline, but I will.
I'm going to say....by.....September we should start seeing the first wave of troops returning home. Of course this mainly depends on how soon the insurgents realize that their efforts are/were in vain. There will probably be stuff that happens to maybe delay them coming home, maybe speed it up.
But if all goes well late summer/early fall seems about right.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I couldnt find in the article where it said:

"Troops leave Iraq and march into Iran"

I missed that part

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
I didn't see this posted anywhere yet

It was posted by mscbkc070904
WAR: Powell: Troops Could Begin Leaving Iraq This Year

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
He might be saying american troops will invade Syria and then Iran and leaving the security mainly to the iraqis.
Thats why he cant give any timeline for troops coming back.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I couldnt find in the article where it said:

"Troops leave Iraq and march into Iran"

I missed that part

I'm sure it's in code or something. Maybe if you convert the letters to numbers, then back to letters, then use the chinese alphabet maybe you'll find it then.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If the stupid insurgents would stop blowing things up
and murdering their own people, we could be out of
there MUCH sooner .... MUCH.

The sooner things calm down, the sooner we can
get the heck out.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
If the stupid insurgents would stop blowing things up
and murdering their own people, we could be out of
there MUCH sooner .... MUCH.

The sooner things calm down, the sooner we can
get the heck out.

That is being ignorant, most of you americans dont have a clue what is going on in world politics.
The iraqis know (and many others) that the americans are not liberators but power en money hungry invaders who install a puppet regime for their own benefit.

Americans better educate themselves because the US media is all illusion and propaganda!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight
That is being ignorant, most of you americans dont have a clue what is going on in world politics.
The iraqis know (and many others) that the americans are not liberators but power en money hungry invaders who install a puppet regime for their own benefit.

Americans better educate themselves because the US media is all illusion and propaganda!

I sometimes have hope in humanity. I sometimes have the hope that we are progressing to the point where we're not so blindly biased.
Then usually someone comes along, or someone posts something like above and dashes that hope...

eh..Oh well

There's always 2012 to look foward to, right!?

[edit on 13-1-2005 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The US admistration are clearly looking for an exit strategy; the Iraqi election is it really; I think they may have given up hope of ending up with a pro-US regime there; in fact I think the two are mutually exclusive as they were in Vietnam - a pro US regime and a tropp withdrawal; it's one or the other.

new topics

top topics

join