It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1,000 Gun Tax Pushed as “Role Model” for States

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Hex1an

Nothing stopping you from buying a bow.

Cross,long,compound or recurve.

Slower reload but it'll stop anything smaller than an elephant.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

A crossbow is a little hard to carry concealed like.....

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

From what I could see in a quick look, this tax is on new purchases and not already acquired guns.

'Course, a retro tax would come later once all guns would be required to be registered. No! Wait! What was I thinking! That "tax" would COME as a registration fee. 'Course it would be whopping bit more than typical registration fees, as say, for your auto.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yeah... Somewhat of an over site for the tax idea when you make such a point, I think It shows how desperate they are for your Guns.

And yes This "underlining anger building" Is so palpable... The gun issue is certainly that "one Trigger" In my mind.

We all know something is coming.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter

Nothing stopping you from buying a bow.

Cross,long,compound or recurve.

Slower reload but it'll stop anything smaller than an elephant.

My computer has slowed down to a grind since I mentioned we need Gns in the UK, lol

I don't think your Idea Is a bad one.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Paying the government for the right to possess a firearm seems like denying a person their right to possess one if it is beyond their financial position.

Exactly. If a right has to be paid for, it becomes a privilege.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Just don't buy a winged denim jacket,the Man will never catch on.

A bow for the Zombie Apocalypse is what I meant.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

A privilege that can be taken away all too easily, too.

Nothing good will come of this.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
It won't happen.

One way or the other it won't.

How is that gun control measure in New York state coming? I seem to recall massive civil disobedience on that last time anyone reported on it.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Irishhaf

Indeed.

Those damned boats are so very unstable... I'm sorry for your loss.

Totally possible, too. I've seen my dad accidentally lose entire rod and reel rigs into the lake before. If you can lose your fishing gear ... well, you could absolutely lose your guns ... all eleventy of them.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

None of their business as to why you had all eleventy of 'em in the boat with you...

I guessing there'd be an epidemic of that sort of "accident"...many of the coppers would be having 'em, too.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

None of their business as to why you had all eleventy of 'em in the boat with you...

I guessing there'd be an epidemic of that sort of "accident"...many of the coppers would be having 'em, too.

I feel for the lakes and swamps of 'Murica. They would be suffering from metal poisoning soon enough.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Sad thing is, I know people that would argue in favor of this "tax"... while at the same time argue a state issued ID to vote is an unfair burden on the poor...

The new "liberal" (I put it in quotes because I know several true liberals that despise what they see out of the democrats" is a barely functional idiot.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I know, right?

Maybe I ought to invest in some diving gear and a metal detector?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
An excise tax is a sales tax. Many have seen oppression like this coming and that's why the gun sales in the US have exploded in the last several years, especially the last 2. I guess people will quit buying guns above board and go underground. Buying guns will soon make one a criminal.

But call me stupid, I've never heard of the Northern Mariana Islands. I knew Puerto Rico was a commonwealth but have never heard of the second one. Regardless, they're now setting policy in 'mainland' US? Hmm.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Only 12?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Shhhhh...

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yup! Shhh...

Just have to make sure the wife ain't home when inspector man comes around. She reminds me how many I have all the time.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Perhaps you should do more research on this subject before spreading the fearmongering. The Commonwealth of Northern Marianas Islands had a 40 year total ban on handguns, which was overturned last month. So in response, they just passed a law for a $1,000 tax on any new handgun sales there. Not a tax on all guns or previously owned guns.

On March 28, Chief Judge Ramona Villagomez Manglona, of the U.S. District Court for the Northern Mariana Islands, ruled the U.S. territory’s 40-year-old total ban on handguns was unconstitutional, saying “because the people of the Commonwealth are part of the American people who have overwhelmingly chosen handguns as their principal means of self-defense, the Second Amendment protects that right here as well.”

In a reply to the court order barring enforcement, the Commonwealth Senate passed a strict gun control bill earlier this month to which the House added a $1,000 per pistol excise tax, which the Senate approved unanimously on April 7, sending the bill to Gov. Ralph DLG Torres which he signed into law Monday.

With $1,000 per pistol tax now law, gun rights group promises action

Just for the record, the Commonwealth of Northern Marianas Islands (CNMI) is a US territory whose citizens are Americans, but cannot vote in the US Presidential election. So they are literally Americans who've never been given full federal rights as Americans (like the citizens of other US territories). The courts overturned the 40 year ban precisely because it violated their rights as Americans.

Here are the other major points in the bill (from the same source). Ironically, other than the $1,000 tax on handgun sales, most of the other laws are similar to gun laws already found in the actual US States.:

1. A special $1,000 excise tax on all handguns sold
2. 500-foot gun free zones around schools, government buildings, and places of worship
3. The mandatory use of gun locks for firearms not in use
4. A ban on the carry of firearms outside of the home for self-defense
5. Licenses to possess firearms or ammunition
6. Forbids Title II firearms such as suppressors, short barreled rifles and machine guns
7. An assault weapon ban similar to those in California and New York with a 10-round cap on magazine size
8. A prohibition on centerfire rifles in a caliber larger than .223 and shotguns larger than .410

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It's always starts small.

I have 30 different firearms. More than half were bought new. Even if it was a one time fee, I'd have no choice but to lose em in a canoeing accident in the Saharas...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join