It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1,000 Gun Tax Pushed as “Role Model” for States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Look out, we may have a new tax burden upon gun owners coming.

Some kind of precedent may have been set a few weeks go when the governor of the U.S. territory of the Northern Mariana Islands imposed a $1000 tax per gun.

We already have some form of taxing going on in the U.S.

This one however is massive.

I wonder with all the gun buying increases every time Obama talks about gun controls if that isn't part of the plan all along?

$1,000 Gun Tax Pushed as “Role Model” for States

A $1,000 per gun tax should serve as a “role model” for states, according to the governor of the U.S. territory of the Northern Mariana Islands, which imposed the $1,000 gun tax earlier this month. An idea first endorsed by Hillary Clinton in 1993, steep gun taxes have now taken hold in Cook County, Ill. the city of Seattle, and now a U.S. territory.

As reported by the Saipan Tribune:

The administration of Gov. Ralph DLG Torres defended the CNMI’s new gun control laws on Friday as a law that could be “a role model” for other U.S. states and jurisdictions facing seemingly uncontrolled and continued gun violence.

The administration was responding to queries regarding its position on recent reports that the a legal challenge to the new law, Public law 19-42, was likely, particularly over a provision that assesses a $1,000 excise tax on pistols.

It's a Tax It's a Tax !!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yea and will they sic the IRS on the scum who use illegal guns in crimes? No, of course not that would affect the urban demographic too much.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Damn, as a collector, Hunter and sport shooter, I'd owe more in firearm taxes than I make.

Screw that!

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

You and a whole lot of others.

Talk about coersive. ...and yet another reason not to register ones firearms, isn't it?

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Check my post history here. I've said multiple times that registration leads to taxation or confiscation.

I'll have neither thank you!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Agreed.

It'll be amazing how quickly my pistols and rifles will be stolen...

"But Officer, they were there last night..., then this morning, they weren't. Yes, they were very neat burglars, and very polite for not waking me, or my dog. I really hope you catch those miscreants so I can pay my taxes ( approx. 12000 dollars) on them."

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yeah,sure!

Even as an Englishman,I can see just how bad an idea this would be.

Would they demand money from the criminals for the gun tax too?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It won't happen.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Incrementalism. They will keep chipping away at our rights until theyre completely gone.

This is the main reason why ANY new gun control legislation has to be opposed regardless of how harmless it may seem.

From warrantless spying to the 2A to asset forfeiture, they just wont stop.

They know they dont have the support on the federal level, so the minions on the state level have been entrusted with the anti-2A/confiscation agenda.

Of-course their agenda is to confiscate guns. It it wasnt, they wouldnt focus on a product or tool, they would focus on the real issue: violence (and its underlying causes).

And every so often, their agenda comes to light:

edit on 18-4-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No, it probably won't.

If only because of a noisy lot of folks like myself. But this is the right(?) way to go about it. Tax a right into oblivion. Little caring about the vast black market that would immediately spring up.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I already have enough guns for my hunting and self defense.

Just don't tax my ax.

I may have something a little different in mind for it.

Come to think of it... If i wanted another gun, I would just make one. Its really not all that hard. I've seen men in Bangladesh make one from a metal blank with little more then a file and a good fire.
edit on 18-4-2016 by tinymind because: After thought

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Woops officer, I was duck hunting and the damn boat tipped over... where at, Louisiana Bayou..feel free to dredge them though sir.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Indeed.

Those damned boats are so very unstable... I'm sorry for your loss.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Poor people don't deserve to defend themselves.

Never mind they're the most at risk of being victims of crime.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think Americans and their Guns is the only thing stopping the elites from operation, NWO.

This is a worrying new tactic but surly it can be seen as an infringement?...A social economic one at least.

We could do with a big stockpile of guns in the UK... We need to get armed.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This would punish those that follow the law and reward those that break the law.

So, yeah, I can see it happening.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Paying the government for the right to possess a firearm seems like denying a person their right to possess one if it is beyond their financial position.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I can't stand the NRA. But i pay my dues each year just so they will be noisy as hell about anything that will hurt their sales.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hex1an

Certainly it can.

They're also forgetting their history.

Over taxation was one of the reasons we, or my ancestors any way, went to war with the crown.

...and there's a underlining anger building, it's been building for the last ten years or so, that has to go eventually. All it's going to take is that one trigger...further taxation might just be it. Maybe.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's why I pay mine, too.

Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't. But we need that voice, and the money/influence behind it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join