It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Donald Trump using Colorado and other recent loses just to fire up his base?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Once again you wanted "implementable" policies. I don't want tyranny either, but in the end the wall is a good idea and I'd back an EO regarding it's completion.

As far as this goes:

Ah, so we want a tyrant who avoids the Constitution and the separation of powers it delineates? I suppose we did not get enough of that with the last two assholes.

I'd figure you to be more knowledgeable in this subject as a self proclaimed "Student of History", but I hate to point out that almost every President since Washington has issued an Executive Order. So, by the logic your using, if a President issues an EO he's a tyrant? So the founding fathers were tyrants then?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Even if I was wrong about this^^^^ (and I really do not believe I am), then Trump STILL hasn't done anything to earn the benefit of the doubt. He has done nothing to earn the kind of trust his supporters are giving him. He has done nothing but embarrass them and set them up to have all of their HOPE (for CHANGE) utterly rejected, utterly...and completely...and utterly.

First I want to say that I agree with you here. Though these Trump supporters are fanatical. There is no convincing them of reality. They have their own rules of logic. It involves a lot of shouting and ad hominems. You may just have to let them crash and burn on this one. I know when a Trump supporter starts getting nasty in threads these days, I've started backing down.

It's gonna suck for them (and possibly the whole conservative base for some time into the future), but clearly "the hard way" is the only direction they insist on taking. So you might want to just buckle up and let this roller coaster finish its wild run.

I mean when you put it into perspective, it's kind of funny watching Trump turn a large portion of the conservative base into a parody of itself and have THAT be the majority conservative opinion. It's almost like I'm watching satire in live action.
edit on 18-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
Once again you wanted "implementable" policies. I don't want tyranny either, but in the end the wall is a good idea and I'd back an EO regarding it's completion.

As history has shown it is a rather stupid idea, fixed fortifications are moronic, ask the French with the Maginot Line and the Chinese with the Great Wall, both were circumvented and/or overrun.

Additionally, an Executive Order cannot allocate those type of resources so it would not help in the least bit.

I'd figure you to be more knowledgeable in this subject as a self proclaimed "Student of History", but I hate to point out that almost every President since Washington has issued an Executive Order. So, by the logic your using, if a President issues an EO he's a tyrant? So the founding fathers were tyrants then?

I am not questioning the use of Executive Orders. I am questioning them when they are used to circumvent the other branches of government as you are suggesting should occur. If Trump cannot get funding for his hypothetical wall via the proper channels where all funding comes from, the Congress, then trying to write a blank check via Executive fiat is un-Constitutional.

Your inability to grasp the basic mechanics of how our government should function leaves you susceptible to the platitudes and promises that Trump will never be able to deliver on, even if he wrote 1,000,000 Executive Orders.

edit on 18-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I would wager every single penny I have that Trump's Wall will never get built. Every penny.

Ah...there is always the teeniest, tiniest, ever-so-slightest chance that our shadow government would want to build a wall so that they could completely corner the market on the illegal drug and gun trade over the border.

Sure, it's a very tiny, slight chance and, right now, open borders appears to be the goal (everywhere), but I would not want you to lose every dollar if, in fact, Trump's wall could be a tool to exploit the gun and drug trade.

I'd still take the same bet you are making though -- Trump's wall will never happen. And his supporters will be rejected completely, in November 2016. They will feel more oppressed and apathetic than they can ever dream, in November 2016.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
Ah...there is always the teeniest, tiniest, ever-so-slightest chance that our shadow government would want to build a wall so that they could completely corner the market on the illegal drug and gun trade over the border.

I hear what you are saying and you should never say never but I am going to say it will never get built.

I would be happy to cut you in on my action with any Trump supporter stupid enough to take that bet.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Show Leadership skills in Chicago? I guess you mean the rioting outside that shut down his event, and the 1st amendment rights of all of himself and his supporters. He showed leadership by cancelling and not putting people in harms way. It was smart. He still won 38% of the vote and 54 delegates. Obama is a senator from Chicago where there have been over 800 shootings so far this year and crickets...leaving people in harms way....

The incompetence is the GOP and not getting behind him after Jeb dropped out.

His 1st amendment rights ? holy crap, lol

Yes, he could have shown true leadership and dealt with the protestors and still had his rally. He is a coward who hides behind lawyers.

That won't work as president. You can't arrest Putin or sue congress

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
oops
edit on 18-4-2016 by syrinx high priest because: I can't use the edit feature

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I see...when he acts tough he is wrong and when he does not he is wrong...gotcha. Either way he is wrong. At least you are definitive in your thoughts...

edit on 04pm30pmf0000002016-04-18T17:44:34-05:000534 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I see...when he acts tough he is wrong and when he does not he is wrong...gotcha. Either way he is wrong. At least you are definitive in your thoughts...

Trump IS wrong. Not because he does or does not act tough. It's because he's an a**hole.

A**hole is a broad definition though. And, yet, he is a shining example in almost everything he does.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

..." To show those who are on the fence for the general election that he is talking to the voter, not the delegates "

Mr. Trump has always brought his Message Directly to American Citizens . As for Delegates , aren't they supposed to Represent those Same Citizens ? If not , then something is Terribly Wrong with our Present Voting System .

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
As for Delegates , aren't they supposed to Represent those Same Citizens ? If not , then something is Terribly Wrong with our Present Voting System .

Only in the General Election. In the party lead ups to the conventions it is whoever the states in question where they are coming from determines. These are private organizations and get to make their own rules.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

As for Delegates , aren't they supposed to Represent those Same Citizens ? If not , then something is Terribly Wrong with our Present Voting System .

Only in the General Election. In the party lead ups to the conventions it is whoever the states in question where they are coming from determines. These are private organizations and get to make their own rules.

Something iS Terribly Wrong with our Present Voting System .

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Simply calling someone an asshole does not make it true. Some of you are so funny. You do not realize that he is simply exposing and saying what many of us on this site will say. Those who use the system say it is fair.

But really, do you not think it is time for the curtain to pull back and let the change happen for the GOP and/or the American voter?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

no. saying you are a leader is different than leading.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Something iS Terribly Wrong with our Present Voting System .

I assume you are referring to the party primaries? Then join whatever party is causing you consternation and try to change it.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There is no changing the national parties unless you have the money and savvy to do it. Perot tried...than Paul. Now Trump is doing it and you want to call him Donny Doritos...(which is funny btw)

There is much more to him than reality TV and hair those who complain do not have.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

There is no changing the national parties unless you have the money and savvy to do it. Perot tried...than Paul. Now Trump is doing it and you want to call him Donny Doritos...(which is funny btw)

The poster I was replying to was referring to the primaries (I assume). You can change those by joining the party and getting the rules passed that you want for your particular state.

If enough people participate at the grassroots level they can then change it at the national level and at the convention. The problem is that most people are rather apathetic towards politics with the exception of the Presidential elections.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Simply calling someone an asshole does not make it true. Some of you are so funny. You do not realize that he is simply exposing and saying what many of us on this site will say. Those who use the system say it is fair.

But really, do you not think it is time for the curtain to pull back and let the change happen for the GOP and/or the American voter?

The curtain was pulled back looooong ago and you refused to look behind it. That's your fault.

I'm supposed to believe that Trump supporters will reject BOTH parties now that he has *cough* exposed the corruption? Excuse me while I roll my eyes.

Trump is an a*hole. I'm 45 years old. I know an a*hole when I see one. I can give you a long list of ways Trump is an a*hole -- most of them are examples of how he is an a*hole to his own supporters, too.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It is not I, but the populace. That is my point. It is not about rejecting both parties but maybe opening up the eyes of a few more.

He is talking about unrigging the GOP and making it our country again. What is wrong with that?
edit on 04pm30pmf0000002016-04-18T19:00:03-05:000703 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

It is not I, but the populace. That is my point. It is not about rejecting both parties but maybe opening up the eyes of a few more.

He is talking about unrigging the GOP and making it our country again. What is wrong with that?

Nope. It is about rejecting both parties. Neither is above choosing their own nominee. The GOP is no better nor worse than the DNC.

Apparently you didn't bother to read my first comment. I think you should read all of my comments actually. Your replies sound like you have only seized on a few statements I've made without reading the rest.

edit on 18-4-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join