It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Donald Trump using Colorado and other recent loses just to fire up his base?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So, in a few of the recent caucuses Donald Trump did not take any delegates. In these contests, it was not the voter but the 'delegates' and state party leaders who were awarding the delegates and 'stacking the deck' per se. Was this a shortcoming or something he could allow a small amount of delegates to be given to show, no matter the rules of the GOP, you, the voter with only two true choices, makes no difference in some states and in reality, nowhere at all?

In the media, many are stating that this is the start of the downfall. That this will be the excuse that Trump uses to back out now. He must have no chance, right? That is what the MSM says.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

or, is this just a cheap way to fire up his base? To show those who are on the fence for the general election that he is talking to the voter, not the delegates. He has had such an unorthodox campaign so far it could be...or maybe he mistook how to beat Cruz in those states but he can change it. He knows the system. He could have bought all of those delegates but that is not who he is and people still do not see that. He is the man who is blamed for being too rich but if he used those resources he would be, to me, buying the election like the rest.

He is ahead in almost every poll for the next 5-6 primary states and, still, is on pace to take the nomination, even if on the last day. It has been those few states he did not really attack and, it seems, that it has fired up the GOP and the DNC as they see the same thing with Sanders.

Cruz, he thinks that wooing delegates is grassroots...huh? How about the regular voter. He is pulling in the Anti-Trump card but all of those delegates will realize if Trump is getting close that their wallets will be closed with Cruz, and in turn, will fight for a penny with Trump.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 04am30amf0000002016-04-18T11:27:02-05:001102 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Outside of the obvious loss of delegates I can't see how this a lose for Trump.

All this has done is put more fire to the idea that "The fix is in"

It makes him seem like the underdog, it makes him appear anti-establishment, and it gets people angry. These are all things Trump need in order to continue with any kind of momentum.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
It makes him seem like the underdog, it makes him appear anti-establishment, and it gets people angry. These are all things Trump need in order to continue with any kind of momentum.

As someone who does not like any of the candidates it makes him appear to be a whining crybaby in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I would tend to agree, saying it is rigged against me, if he was losing. But why if you are winning? This is why I thought this may be the reason why he is doing it. Sometimes it is easier to lose a battle to win a war.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

To me they are ALL whiney crybabies with some sociopath in them. They did decide to be politicians you know.

Those who already saw Trump in a negative light will see this as whiny, those who were in favor will rally behind him.

For those that are decided this changes nothing.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

For those that are decided this changes nothing.

For the undecided, like myself, I find this to be a highly unappealing tact for him to take.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yea God forbid he actually alter his campaign tactics so that losses in caucus states don't come as utter shocks to him. But nah, let's go with this strategy. I'm sure that will help him immensely going forward in future caucus states (where he tends to struggle). But then again, doing what I said would require him to admit he was wrong about how he handled his campaigning in those states, and the Donald is NEVER wrong. Even when reality disagrees.
edit on 18-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

What it shows to me is that he was taken completely unawares of the rules in those states. The Cruz campaign pulled Donnie's skivvies down and spanked his ass.

Full disclosure, I find Cruz to be a whiny baby too.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Fair enough.

About as tactful as using your name/weight to steal an election.

Celebrating victories as "landslides" when the general population had no say.

Using BLM and other groups to "Shut Down" the 1st Amendment rights of others.

Plenty of unappealing things going on from all sides. If your vote if for who is the most tactful you're going to have a bad time.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Cruz keeps claiming to be anti-establishment, yet he plays the establishment game well.

Pushing so many delegates to his side, as well as the other games to keep delegates out who will not bend to his will, shows that he has influence on the inside of the party.

Trumps delegates seem to be genuinely earned in states where delegates are bound to the popular vote. In other words - the people's choice, not the choice of the party elite.

In Colorado, they actually distributed a "Resolution to Forbid Colorado Delegates from Voting for Donald Trump".
They realized in August that Trump might win, and changed the rules so the people could not even vote. If all voters could have voted in Colorado, Trump might have won. The people should at least have had a vote.

In the Virgin Islands, some delegates are suing because they said the party chose their own delegates and excluded the elected delegates, so that the party could control the election.
www.cnn.com...

So, maybe Trump is using this to fire up his base.
Or maybe he is being real. He is fighting back against a system that disregards the will of the people and is controlled by an oligarchy. He is the only candidate that I can remember that has spoken up against the system and for the rights of the people.

Cruz boasts about getting delegates when the game he is playing disregards the will of the people.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Ah the "anti-establishment" paradox. Claiming the anti-establishment label is like gold to conservative voters these days, but you need to work within the establishment to get elected.

It's a wonder that none of you have realized yet that there is no such thing as "anti-establishment".

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I dont think so.

I really think that Trump and more importantly, his advisers, dont understand how the delegate process works: caucus vs. primary states.

This was a big screw up for his campaign.

With as much popular support (among the GOP anyway) and money as he has, Trump could have competed in and easily won Colorado.

edit on 18-4-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Exactly. Trump is not losing. Why would he criticize the party practices if is not genuinely standing up for the rights of the people to choose? If he was just another political player, he would be trying to buy and woo delegates.

It seems like he really wants the people to have a choice. He does not want to be another puppet chosen by the party elite. That is why the elite are fighting back so hard.

What kind of promises is Cruz making to buy these delegates? Trump has made clear that he does not want to be owned by promises.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

If your vote if for who is the most tactful you're going to have a bad time.

I never said I needed someone to be the most tactful. I want them to act like adults and have real world, implementable, practical policies.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Of course. Anyone paying attention sees he has no leadership skills or grasp of the topics the job requires, and he doesn't even know how the Colorado system worked.

He looks incompetent and foolish to even a casual observer.

Since he can't threaten to have anyone arrested or deported for this, his only move is to insult people and threaten a lawsuit or independent run.

edit on 18-4-2016 by syrinx high priest because: I can't spell

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't think anyone honestly believes their candidate to be without any ties to the establishment.

Anti-establishment nowadays has taken on a meaning of being against the current establishment as opposed to this "tear it all down" attitude you've attributed to it. (And attributed it correctly I will add because thats what the word means).

I think it's one of those things where the real meaning of the word really doesn't have much meaning anymore.

Trump gets called anti-establishment but I mean look at him he's a businessman, he's about making money, it doesn't get more establishment than that.

Well perhaps being a career politician like Bernie Sanders is up there too.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Sorry but we don't have a candidate on the ticket this time who fits into your Venn Diagram of needs.

Maybe in 2020

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Let Me Ask America a Question Open Letter from Donald Trump

I believe that is a good explanation of what is really going on.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Maybe never. Ron Paul was as close as we came.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join