It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady catches extra dimensional beings/ objects on 8 mm film

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I came across this youtube video, which really grabbed my attention.
This woman has captured some very interesting beings/objects with an 8 mm film.
In fact one of her records was transferred from 8mm and suddenly a silent film, now had unknown voices recorded.

I think the 4 beings on film very closely resemble whats thought of as the greys.

Whats your opinion? is this old lady faking it or could this be a catch from another dimension?

Lady catches glimps of other dimension

edit on 18-4-2016 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: frostie

Thanks Frostie!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

"Nearly every single picture she takes has some weird anomaly in it."

Not buying it for that reason alone.

Has she ever had someone else take the same frame of shot she does simultaneously with a different camera? Does the same image show up on their camera? My guess is shes working alone with her camera 'skills'.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

8 mm film is extremely hard to hoax, especially before CGI/photoshop was even invented.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

intrptr, last week I was taking photos of trees. Look who appeared.LOL

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Question before I view this please.
If film is 2 dimensional and we only perceive 3 dimensions when something is right in front of us which preceptions are we not going to be seeing and how will we know if it's beyond our abilities to detect on the dimensions? Ermmm I think....

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I had never heard of this woman before, but I guess she is well known in the paranormal world. There is an interesting write up about her experiences here: www.ghosttheory.com...

The article concludes with this:

As the scientific community began hearing about Dr. Schwarz research into Stella Lansing’s phenomena the interest in her “abilities” grew. Many researchers tried to explain the bizarre photographs of crafts, lights, and the clock-like patterns infused in Stella’s film as technical glitches. That somehow light had filtered in the camera causing the anomalies. They also entertained the idea that her 8mm film had been superimposed. Something that would have been easy to do at the time.

However not one of them ever managed to prove exactly how Stella captured those images. They were not able to explain how these images appeared on different types of cameras with different types of film. All showing the same patterns and ghostly images.

Stella never regressed to the state of mind she was in 1967 when she checked-in to a state hospital. After the psychiatric help from Dr. Schwarz, she managed to keep her head together and continue her exploration into the strange phenomena that surrounded her.

It wasn’t until 1991 that the television show Sightings got ahold of Stella and Dr. Schwarz and ran a lengthy and concise segment on the phenomena. During the show’s investigation, the exported Stella’s silent 8mm film of ‘the occupants’ onto VHS. When they did this, the investigators were shocked when they heard undistinguishable voices from the film.
It was clear that the strange phenomena that had been following Stella for over three decades was partially captured on different mediums.

Stella continued to jot down dates and notes every time she had an unnerving experience. A curiosity turned obsession. Stella Lansing passed away in 2012. Never knowing the truth behind her haunting phenomena.

Interesting... sad about mental illness being tied in with it. Do some people with certain types of mental illness attract paranormal phenomena, or does the paranormal phenomena cause the illness? Or is the paranormal phenomena completely created by the "disturbed" mind - a fiction?

The way her life is described, how she was driven to obsession with these videos and recordings, it is a theme I've heard again and again. People start to dabble with things such as EVP recordings, find themselves pulled in and almost "addicted" to documenting more and more.

RIP, Stella. I hope you have answers now.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: frostie

8 mm film is extremely hard to hoax, especially before CGI/photoshop was even invented.

Film in film cameras is not hard to double expose at all…

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

This is a strange occurrence, for sure.
Robbert van den Broeke can do the same thing.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I was interested up until the point the guy started claiming that this could not be done by anyone other than a lab and that she would not be capable of falsifying these images...

People need to remember that someone like this, believing they are capturing something, will have thousands upon thousands of hours of completely normal footage, and thousands of perfectly normal images, before they pick out the handful that show something unusual.

If you film constantly with one of thee cameras for a few hours, then go back through that footage, you will find plenty of abnormalities. This is old technology, and it's old for a reason. The quality of the images captured is nothing like we would expect to see even back in the late 80's. When you combine this probability with the sheer number of frames she likely produced, you will find plenty that doesn't make sense.

In short, she's filming images on an old camera, picking out the abnormalities, and presenting them as being something unusual.

What's the alternative explanation? That she has a "magic camera"? That's she specifically is a magical person with special powers?

This should be able to be replicated under scientific conditions, why hasn't it been?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Pretty much a one time event from that camera and person. Patterson didn't have a bunch of big foot films, iow.

Anytime I get the career paranormal experts story, I get suspicious. Like those two girls (can?t remember their names?), fooled everyone with their fairy pics…

Edit: Oh, yah…

link
edit on 18-4-2016 by intrptr because: added link

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

ya, those voices that some how became imprinted on the film are a really weird occurrence IMO. Im trying to find out if anyone has been able to decipher what is being said.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I do too!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
more of Stella Lansing

This is also an interesting read regarding her.
It explains the series of events in chronological order.
It went from seeing lights to full apparitions. That is something i have heard a lot of. Small occurrences to start, then before long, its something much more grand.

Who knows if they were the product of a mental illness or not.
But that would mean, everyone else that had witnessed these events at the time were somehow sharing the same hallucinations. (Maybe they all dropped acid at the same party before hand? jk)

One thing is for sure, there are many witnesses (Family and Strangers) than can vouch for a lot of her stories.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Brilliant it's on 8mm.. But I'm always a tad skeptical when people are so 'lucky' catching loads of images of the unexplained.. And people that do this for a living in haunted houses and such are never that successful at capturing stuff consistently and also so clear..

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I remember reading about this woman decades ago. Always wondered about this one.

The sound on the VHS transfer is interesting. When that type of film has sound it's optical, not magnetic. Runs along one side of the strip of photo images. For this sound to happen there must have been visible optical sound track or tracks in the area of the celluloid where the sound track(s) would normally be. Would love to see that. I wonder if anyone documented it at the time and where the original film is.

The clock face thing overlapping frames seems to be the same kind of phenomenon. I would guess at it being some kind of electrical field or RF energy hitting the camera itself as the film runs through the gate. Something not coming from the mechanism itself but passing through it like X-rays.

I don't think any kind of knowing trickery was going on here or any kind of deliberate fakery. My theory is she had some kind of anomalous tumour/damage in her brain that produced these 'bursts' of energy that seem to be getting more stamped onto the film rather than something that is happening in front of the lens. It didn't seem like she had much or any control of when the images happened, almost like they were involuntary spasms.

Very interesting case. Shame she's not around any more.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I've always thought the fairy pictures looked laughingly fake, and wondered how ANYONE could even begin to think they were real to begin with. Eh, oh well.

But this ladies pictures seem pretty genuine, especially ones from times when this type of possible fakery couldn't have been achieved.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

I was interested up until the point the guy started claiming that this could not be done by anyone other than a lab and that she would not be capable of falsifying these images...

People need to remember that someone like this, believing they are capturing something, will have thousands upon thousands of hours of completely normal footage, and thousands of perfectly normal images, before they pick out the handful that show something unusual.

If you film constantly with one of thee cameras for a few hours, then go back through that footage, you will find plenty of abnormalities. This is old technology, and it's old for a reason. The quality of the images captured is nothing like we would expect to see even back in the late 80's. When you combine this probability with the sheer number of frames she likely produced, you will find plenty that doesn't make sense.

In short, she's filming images on an old camera, picking out the abnormalities, and presenting them as being something unusual.

What's the alternative explanation? That she has a "magic camera"? That's she specifically is a magical person with special powers?

This should be able to be replicated under scientific conditions, why hasn't it been?

Okay, that all sounds feasible.

Go replicate it and bring back the results to the thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hard to know years later ... or at the time!

But weird, currently unexplained experiences happen... and will keep happening until we figure them out and apply a "known" label to them.

This may be one of them. It may not be... but admit I looked into it years ago and left it shaking my head and shrugging.

How's that for boring, reasonable and safe?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join