It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing Significant Found On San Bernardino Terrorist’s IPhone – Officials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
With all the hoopla surrounding the FBI and Apple and the San Bernardino Terrorists, it looks like nothing useful was found after they eventually got into the iPhone.

This could qualify as the joke of the month.

Who knows how much was spent during the efforts to get the "important" info off that phone.

I still think they "got in" right away and the whole fiasco was just an ad to keep people in their safe-zone of cell phone security and "privacy".

Apple never did give any secret codes and the FBI allegedly hired an outside 3rd party to do the so-called hack.

DaaaHaHaHa

Nothing Significant Found On San Bernardino Terrorist’s IPhone – Officials

Two weeks since the FBI unlocked an iPhone tied to one of the San Bernardino terrorists, the intelligence agency has not managed to find any pertinent information on the device, according to law enforcement officials.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation had been hoping to find information directing them to foreign terrorists on the Apple iPhone 5C left behind by Syed Farook, one of the two terrorists who murdered 14 people in a December attack in San Bernardino, California.

The Joke is on Who?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
not surprising, they know we monitor phones and electronic devices.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
What a waste of time.

Still Apple showed that they are on the consumers side.

edit on 17/4/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hey it was his work phone and they knew all along what was on it. Those of us that have corporate phones know they are secure but not from the company!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think it's similar to what other member's had said during the time this was relevant to the attack that took place in California.
This all was honestly just smoke and mirrors to see how the public would react to Law enforcement agencies being able to legally have a direct "back-door" access to your mobile devices.

The worse part is many people side with the FBI's court order to force Apple to make such a software update possible.
I get that after this terrorist attack in San Bernardino that people want to prevent future attacks from taking place,but giving more power to authoritarians to spy on citizens is not the solution...
edit on 4pm30America/Chicago3006America/Chicagopm448 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I still think they "got in" right away and the whole fiasco was just an ad to keep people in their safe-zone of cell phone security and "privacy".

Me too.

Gotta keep up the delusion of privacy.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Figures as much. I thought it was a known fact to officials that communications do not happen from people's main cell phones. The joke is still on the people unfortunately as this will still likely help to push the upcoming encryption bill:

US Senate Issues Draft of Controversial Encryption Bill

Andrew Crocker, staff attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, a digital rights group, said changes in the new discussion draft were minimal and the bill still threatened Internet security because companies would only be able to comply by weakening encryption in all their products.
Source

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I've said it a million times: it was a "fishing" exercise to judge public opinion. "They" wanted to see what the push-back from the public would be, and also to wear down the public.

1. It was a psychological experiment conducted on the public.

2. It was a "another attempt" by the government to access private data, in hopes that eventually such stories become so routine the public just ignores them.

Each time something like this happens, the public gets a little less outraged and up in arms. Each time fewer people speak up, fewer people notice or care. It's sort of like the government is causing the public to build up a tolerance.

In 5 years? Something like this wouldn't even make the new news...of it it did, it would be buried on the back page and only "paranoid people" would notice it. Just you watch...

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Gonna have to agree here. It felt like they had the access all along but they just wanted to use the opportunity to try and set a new legal precedent to have this crap more easily approved in the future.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Or....maybe they actually did find some information and don't want it known, because the time table to another attack may be accelerated. Look what happened when they arrested the guy who was part of the attack on Paris. His cohorts were afraid he would talk, so moved up the next one.
But, like many have said, I think it was just to see what the public would do.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I've said it a million times: it was a "fishing" exercise to judge public opinion. "They" wanted to see what the push-back from the public would be, and also to wear down the public.

1. It was a psychological experiment conducted on the public.

But that isn't against the law here in the U.S. In fact it is legal to use psychotronic weapons and if not mistaken this includes any and all methods..

www.abreureport.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Or they found something, and it's a good pointer showing how they were actually behind the whole thing, using this person as a pawn.

Of course, anyone who is paying attention knows they already knew everything on that phone- all datacommunication is tracked and logged already. As said before, they just want to desensitize the US/etc public to them needing access to everything, always.

They already have most of it- but not all of it. They want it all- that way, no individual or group could possibly challenge them.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Or they didn't get in and pretended to be capable. Or they did and don't know if they can pull off a counter in time.

Don't show your hand.

top topics

join