It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

All Religion Is Fake and While We Are At It

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:28 PM
a reply to: forthelove

How can you claim truth yet have no evidence? You see how this works?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:39 PM
a reply to: Joecanada11

Each to their own. I still disagree. Digging from protestant theology to Catholicism and landing in Orthodoxy, there are quite a few things that make much more sense now than they did previously. I've also read the Bible front to back in multiple versions...and I'm working on learning Greek, which is fun but slow going.

That said, if you don't care and think you've heard all there is and explored it to the extent you were driven to do so...that's the end of that. You certainly have that prerogative, just as I can happily say I don't agree in the slightest, nor do I take your assessment, time served, etc. as anything particularly persuasive. As, I'm sure, my experience means equally little to you.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:44 PM
Religion had great intentions. Many years ago a higher power of sorts either visited us or lived with us. They could do things unexplainable. I mean hell you can take a simple magic trick and show it to monkeys and small children and they are in amazement...they may think you have magic powers.

What really sucks is now almost all of the wars are religion driven. It's so silly given we all have the same goal and that is the worship of one God. I don't go to church because they want me there for the money. I don't need a church to pray to the God I know perhaps created us.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:18 PM
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Wars tend to be driven by a lust for power and/or need/desire for resources.

Religion, emotional manipulation... that has a history of just being part of the marketing campaign to convince the poor under classes to sign up for killing (or dying) of other poor under classes.

Case in point: We're bringing democracy to Iraq! We'll be liberators!

Swap democracy for Christianity or another religion--SSDD. Don't confuse the PR for the real motivation.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:33 PM
a reply to: SisterDelirium

My biggest issue is those who say things like "if you don't believe you are you doing the devils work"
Or " People not believing in God is what's wrong with society"
Or using their religious belief to bully, disciriminate against and belittle people of their choosing (other races,religions , sexualities etc. )

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:44 PM
a reply to: SaturnFX

One can hope. Anyhow, society is slow. at least 49% are below average, and the next 26% above that aren't much to write home about either. Taking away a crutch to 75% of the population would cause a great amount of stress and anarchy without purpose.

Intelligence comes in many varieties. I would say this, not that I believe a brain is the same as a computer but just for the analogy, it's not the processor, it's what you do with it.

I have found the seeking of truth in reality has lead me to dismiss those who claim religions, and also those that claim known science only. Its a strange path, but very interesting.

That sounds a bit convoluted. Religion has been an area of human exploration into the mystery of existence, and science is another effort toward understanding. I'd agree that neither is complete (especially one without the other), but dismissing what other people have learned out of hand seems a good way to miss important points. You don't have to accept it all and call it a day, but to toss it aside.... that's kind of reinventing the wheel, isn't it?

I see other people's efforts in history, literature, science, religion, philosophy as resources to draw from in the struggle to understand. Although I consider myself a Christian and know some things about Buddhism aren't compatible with my religion, I'd never say, "I'm not going to read anything a Buddhist has to say because the don't know anything." The same thing goes for others. Other people and their efforts past/present are a resource...there's a lot to learn, sometimes even if you only learn what NOT to do.

I've read Nietzsche. I'd even say, I've agreed with some things he said...with lots of obvious exceptions.

If you're declaring vast swaths of people not bright enough to reach your level of enlightenment.... well, let's just say you've got nearly boundless opportunities for personal growth to explore.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:58 PM

My biggest issue is those who say things like "if you don't believe you are you doing the devils work"

Maybe they just don't want competition? There are, after all, plenty of professed believers doing the devils work. It's basic job security.

In all seriousness, the best advice is to tend to your own house first.

People not believing in God is what's wrong with society

There's plenty of historical evidence that society has a great deal more wrong with it than lack of faith.

Believing in God is great, but putting others ahead of self honors God more than just believing. Because that's the hard part.

I'd wager, if everyone really tried to put others ahead of themselves consistently lots of things would improve. Sadly, few people, Christian or otherwise successfully manage to do that...or in some cases, even think to do that.

using their religious belief to bully, disciriminate against and belittle people of their choosing (other races,religions , sexualities etc. )

This is the putting others ahead of self thing, again. Selfishness wants revenge and wants to be right all the time. Selflessness understands the biggest battles don't have anything to do with other people's "wrongness" and everything to with one's own "wrongness"...coming from that standpoint, the goal is to treat people, whether you think they're right or wrong or like them or deeply dislike them with the dignity they're due as a fellow human being.

The Ladder of Divine Ascent and the steps mentioned therein really is heavy spiritual lifting, but I think, much closer to something truly Christian than, say, Joel Osteen or anything Pat Robertson ever even thought to say.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 12:23 AM

Why a supreme being would care about how men cut their hair ? Or whether they mix dairy and meat together, or why he would care about mixing fabric is pretty ridiculous.

I mentioned no particular, so your post is tripe.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 12:43 AM

The truth of the Lord is foolishness to them that are perishing, maybe just maybe that is true
, you never know right.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 12:53 AM
God(s) if you are there, give us a sign ITT.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 12:57 AM
a reply to: randyvs

You mentioned god worried about our conduct. Those were some of the rules set by God in the old testament.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:57 AM
a reply to: Lysergic

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:09 AM
I think faith != spiritual.

I never understood why people flock in churches to listen to a guy (or gal) who basically spins tales around and around with the sole intention to grab some "donation" money. Sometimes I end up in a church with my family and I carefully listen to their 60min procession - it's almost the same pattern in every (christian) church:

1) Singing
2) Introduction to your neighbor
3) Introduction to the church and discuss latest church sponsored programs and how awesome stuff they do.
4) A message that their church is not about religion but about god and the love to jesus. Also ensure that everyone understands that there is no judging.
5) Ask for donation
6) More bla bla about their awesome church
7) Tell a tale about a certain verse in the bible - and turn it around that if you won't believe it - then you are bound to hell (judging - remember 4) :-D)
8) More and more bla bla of their awesome church
9) Tale to convince people to join them.
10) More awesome stuff, ask for donation, believe or go to hell - stuff

Sometimes they put as a bonus the "survey" in the mix - where you can choose one of three options: 1) I believe, 2) I want to believe, 3) I don't care - nobody ever hits 3) - I usually do :-D

In a nutshell it's 60% Marketing, 30% Singing and 10% Religious Message. My favourite part of church however is the whole part of "Jesus died for our sins" and how all of our sins will be forgotten by god because of Jesus. Now I look around and all I can think about is how many people use that as a excuse to lie, cheat, take advantage of people, etc - I know a fair amount of deep religious people who have no problem with cheating on their wife/husband, lie to get their way or do some serious unethical business practices - all in the name of Jesus - well he died for our sins so we don't have to.. right...

Now I am obvious not religions - but consider myself spiritual - and trying to understand some of the "higher" processes that happen or not. However in comparison with people following a religion, I question everything.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:43 AM
a reply to: flyandi

I coulnt agree more. Back in my days when I was still a "believer" but hear the end , I began to notice that so many churches follow the same pattern. I think the praise and worship (singing) is actually designed to make people feel good and full of energy. Its all psychology and marketing. Blah blah announting so sayeth the Lord.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:13 AM

originally posted by: sHuRuLuNi

originally posted by: forthelove
since that infamous day Eve pulled Adam aside and forced him to eat that glorious apple.

It was not an apple, and they BOTH ate it.

But thanks for enlightening us simple folk.

Oh pray tell us what it was.

Lemme guess, a mushroom.

Either way, an irrelevant story and has nothing to do with religion.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:15 AM

originally posted by: frostie

Organized Religion was created by man to control and manipulate the masses.

Thankfully the masses are catching up and numbers are declining.

Thats not to say one cant be religious, or believe in a higher power.

I have created a personal religion for myself, based on what I have experienced/Observed.

I believe in Kharma and thats what keeps me a good person.

I believe in a higher power/entity/being has had presence in my life, just not sure who/what.

Dont want to be ignorant

Kharma is from religion....and try to think about this, their are MANY "higher powers" why must you think so singularly ?

The reason you are not sure, is because that is precisely the trick, even being good hides the truth, ignorance unfortunately is the mainstay of this place, and all other places.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:30 AM

originally posted by: NthOther
OP, does it really make you feel good to tell everyone else how stupid they are and, by implied comparison, how smart that makes you?

If so, what a pathetic, miserable existence. I'll pray for you.

Is that cool?

It makes me feel good that he did it, he is closer on the path to finding out what the hell is going on than anyone in any religion will be able to get.

Prayers do not affect those who do not need them, especially ones that pretend to "help" but are actually desperate pleas to stay in the insanity of the one doing the praying.

Prayer barely works, and no one wonders why, and they will not find out until they stop praying and start DOING.

How many lessons and outright proofs will it take before the majority realizes they have been utterly barking up the wrong guess would be not many more!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:32 AM
a reply to: Plotus

Everything you were told, is to make sure you stay in line.

But feel free to believe you are on the right side, what you should realize is that in your lifetime, your religions will vanish in the blink of an eye, and no one will even remember what they were about.

And you will be thankful, as well.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:37 AM
a reply to: AnuTyr

That was all in the past, my friend.

You and the aliens you summon, are more than aware that only HERE, is what matters, what happens HERE will tell the story, and no amount of believing or thinking the natural laws are continuing can stop it.

The outcome is NOT inevitable, not this time, the projectors have been turned off , this is all REAL now, and ready to either win or lose, the LEADER of our entire race lol, has not been in existence for ALONG time, the remnants are afraid, and so they should be.

Prepare for EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SEEN, to be turned on its head, no more will this type of existence is finished.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:43 AM

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: forthelove
All Religion Is Fake

Since Reality is ALL inclusive, I'd be interested in your definition of 'fake'!
Every religion that I have experience with is quite real!
Are you judging?
Isn't that the exact same thing that the 'other' believers do, against whom you rail?
You sound like any belief-addled religionista railing against heathen and non-believers, how they are manipulated by the lies of science and the devil!

Who cares about experience, do you deny that your experiences are limited by the religion and its rules, mindset ?

I am wondering when it will clue in, that you can take things a TRILLION times farther than you clearly have tried so far.

Sitting and waiting for something better is getting REAL OLD, we cannot hold on much longer.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>