It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Religion Is Fake and While We Are At It

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: RepealTheLaw

Climate change is not a religion. Did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were little? Maybe inhale some glue and gasoline? Why the hell would people make up climate change? For what purpose would that serve? Maybe I want the earth to still be here for my children's children unlike you who can't wait for the second coming (which won't happen btw) and look forward to Armageddon. Think!!! Oh wait I forgot that religion doesn't want you to think.

And there it is! You left wing whack jobs always bring the children into it when you want to start taxing people.. "Its for the children" Cry me a river...

Your cult is after money pure and simple and IT IS a religion. Its crystal ball science. Only now they are using computer models of what may happen. Of course they aren't manipulating the data that goes into those models. wink, wink.

When you have politicians collaborating with the Jim Jones group of the 21st century to jail those that disagree, you know we are in trouble. Off with their heads is the mantra over at the White House.

With real religion you have blind faith. With Climate Change you have blind ignorance. Now you fascists want witch hunts and burning at the stake of anyone who disagrees?

A regressive progressive is what we have here folks..

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: forthelove

Hallelujah brother!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

i will drink to that Ah-men!

i always see it as people always looking out for answers rather than inside.

Example
Who worked hard and saved the deposit for that house? you or god (but i bet they thank god)
thank yourself!! you worked hard and put your mind to something and achieved a house at the end of it! its all you

if you prey for a car will it just be there the next day..no..you will go out an earn it.
people need to be more confident that its them that make their own decisions in life and there own God.

if for some reason there is a high entity at the end of it all,then thank them for giving you an opportunity of being You!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: burgerbuddy

The money is being given because you are being told you will anger God by not tithing. Or you will face eternal damnation by not doing God's will. Nothing freely given when fear is being used to coerce you. Tithe or spend eternity in hell. Yeah that sounds great.

I've literally never heard that said at any church I've ever attended.

I will say the Protestant (Lutheran and Methodist to be precise) and Catholic Churches I've been to did seem to stick their hands in pockets a bit, and certainly campaigned heavily for funds.

But I don't recall anyone, at any time, suggesting that hell-fire awaits those who don't tithe. That's pretty low. I don't doubt there are some "pastors" who might do this, but it sounds more like something from a rabid fundamentalist group--most likely one run from a strip mall by a chain-smoking leader who looks like he just got out of the state pen rather than seminary.

edit on 20-4-2016 by SisterDelirium because: Typos, typos...as far as the eye can see.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

I'm no good at it personally, but it's more about self-denial than self realization. If it's a realization of anything at all, it's a realization of something greater, more important, more timeless, more interesting, more sane, and more majestic than oneself.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Who the hell pissed in your cornflakes this morning?...sheesh, let people believe whatever they want. You have ZERO idea what true reality is...Zero...none of us do.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RepealTheLaw

Do you even have any idea how stupid you sound?

Caring about the environment for my children us not a religion. It's called survival.

I personally have no interest in taxing anyone. I do howver want people to recycle and be cognizant of things they do which can pollute our air and water. Look at places where smog alerts are issued and ask yourselves if you want your grandkids living in a world where they have to wear masks just to go outside.

Again there's nothing religious about it and to call it that is pure stupidity. It's about securing the future of generations to come.

But if you are one of the people who believe in a fairytale rapture then you don't care because you think a guy that died 2000 years ago is going to come back and destroy the whole earth anyways. That's the true dangerous religion. The rapture belief is not only stupid and unfounded. It's dangerous.

You don't believe in climate change despite evidence. But your evidence that the world is going to be destroyed by an angry God comes from a book of fables written 2000 years ago. Talk about a lack of common sense.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

All you really have to do is just pay attention to the world we live in and ask yourself, would a kind loving sweet god let their children suffer this way? Oh right, the battle over our souls, that other fictitious being satan and your god are fighting each other to see who gets domain over our souls? I think your precious god is losing that battle then and has been since that infamous day Eve pulled Adam aside and forced him to eat that glorious apple.

I disagree.

We live in a world of good and evil, all humans have a free right to choose what side of good and evil they want, by the choices they make.

It is my "opinion" that earth is a school, everyone has their own journey of life lessons to learn, they all learn by the choices we make.

Most Religions are good and written to help guide us to make good or the right choices to learn the correct lesson.

There are many people who chose to support the evil side for many reasons, like making money, or being a politician, or a Banker, or a General, some of these people only interests in life are only self interests.

There is a lot of good in this world, however evil will always attempt to destroy your dissensions you make daily.

Your goal in this life is to make as many correct dissensions for yourself and others around you. If you fail and chose to go down a dark path it will be up to you to do the right thing and make the right choices to turn things around. When your time is up for whatever reason they may be, you will leave this world and a new door opens a pond death.

You will be shown all your dissensions that you made and how they effect everyone around you weather they were good or bad.

My understanding is, if you failed and chose to make bad dissensions through out your life, you will be reincarnated back to earth to learn the same lessons.

The goal is to become spiritual and one with G-d. This may take hundreds if not thousands of carnations. After your lesson are learned from earth you will most likely be incarnated on a different planet of higher intelligence, and after that, when you learned all the lessons from that planet you will be incarnated on another planet and on, and on, and on, until you become a G-d yourself.

This would take millions of years of incarnations and experiencing everything each world has to offer.
edit on 20-4-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I guess I need to know why this matters. Why does your opinion matter more than others?

Hubris all day.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

TextAll Religion Is Fake and While We Are At It

Very good. Got to hand it to you. You said absolutely nothing, got 18 stars to your credit for saying nothing and stirred up the gang of no minds to pat you on the back for saying nothing. Now that is good work and my hat is off to you for being a leader of the no minds who gave you stars for being in their club. Just think what you could do if you were a preacher,

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

This is the most ridiculous thread I ever came across. Shouldn't it be in the RANT forum? Honestly, how this crappy diatribe scored any flags is beyond me, truly an indictment of the failings in the minds of so many ATSers. Simply crap.

I feel like writing a counter-thread, regarding why religion is a valid choice for the individual to live their own life by, and a valid means of attaining mystical contact with the Divine. Might do it. Sad thing is, it would probably only garner a tiny percentage of the flags & attention this thread is getting.

Society deserves better - this thread is a waste of your brain-space.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

This is the most ridiculous thread I ever came across. Shouldn't it be in the RANT forum? Honestly, how this crappy diatribe scored any flags is beyond me, truly an indictment of the failings in the minds of so many ATSers. Simply crap.

I feel like writing a counter-thread, regarding why religion is a valid choice for the individual to live their own life by, and a valid means of attaining mystical contact with the Divine. Might do it. Sad thing is, it would probably only garner a tiny percentage of the flags & attention this thread is getting.

Society deserves better - this thread is a waste of your brain-space.

You are so welcome to live a selfless life and care for others and what you do, spirituality is a wonderful thing...but

Religion as a whole has been hijacked in so many ways in so many cultures to manipulate humankind, control, divide and conquer, abuse and rob to name a few awful things where religion is to blame

How do I take religion seriously when I see the leaders commit such heinous acts such as child molestation , hate preaching and ethnic cleansing ? ... when I look at modern religions all I see is huge hypocrisy taking place

Like I said, spirituality is awesome but I don't see that in modern religion...I see hate, dishonesty and greed, I suppose that's always been in religion throughout time anyway

My point is, be spiritual but don't follow anyone or thing as this just messes with it all, be yourself and not what you're told to be

no offence meant by this post and I only replied to you as you come across as very passionate about your beliefs which you are 100% entitled to too, as is everyone...

edit on 21-4-2016 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: forthelove
All Religion Is Fake

Since Reality is ALL inclusive, I'd be interested in your definition of 'fake'!
Every religion that I have experience with is quite real!
Are you judging?
Isn't that the exact same thing that the 'other' believers do, against whom you rail?
You sound like any belief-addled religionista railing against heathen and non-believers, how they are manipulated by the lies of science and the devil!

Who cares about experience,

Knowledge = Experience/perception!
I guess that you didn't know that.

do you deny that your experiences are limited by the religion and its rules, mindset ?

Knowledge (personal) is limited by our momentary Perspective!
Knowledge is what you perceive Here! Now!
Ignorance/limitation is everything in the Universe, EVER, that you do not perceive Here! Now!
It has nothing to do with 'mindsets' or 'beliefs' or dreams, or the moon!
Some perceive religious thoughts, some perceive 'belief infections', some perceive beliefs that there is no God... it's all the same thing.
There is not anything in existence, ever, that is less Real than anything else!
And all that can be 'perceived' IS Reality!

I am wondering when it will clue in, that you can take things a TRILLION times farther than you clearly have tried so far.
Sitting and waiting for something better is getting REAL OLD, we cannot hold on much longer.

Son, don't project your own doubts and ignorances and short-sightedness onto me.
I am not 'sitting and waiting' or 'holding on' for anything at all! *__-

"We don't see the world as it is, we see it as we are!"

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well, i believe that all the religious "story books" were written and re-written by boozed-up and over sexed zealots to get their jolly off. These "would be if they could be" power player's objectives were to suppress,indoctrinate, and install fear into the people of that time. This has continued up to the present day. To follow a religion of your choice is good for some people, as it gives guidance and something to hang onto, as all humans fear the unknown of death. Anyone who says they do not fear death is lieing. This planet earth is only a speck in the universe, but most religions play on the theory that their superior god created the lot, i don't believe this. I was brought up in the catholic faith but by aged 12-13 knew it was not for me. Living in a muslim country for the last 18 yrs, i could NEVER follow islam. So, i believe in the possible theory of evolution.

edit on 23-4-2016 by tommo39 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Yes JoeC, ALL religious books are suspect as they ONLY state WHAT rules YOU need to follow to please their deity. (one way traffic!!) Take the koran of islam, it's all about rules and examples to follow or you will end up in hell with the devil, with no virgins in the hereafter of heaven. (FEAR factor). Should be how to improve your lifestyle, family love and values etc,etc....

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I've been around many organized religions up close and I understand why they hang around.

I will explain..

But first let me say that the claim as to whether they are "fake" is not so black and white. There are teachings in religion that are genuinely helpful and even true, ..teachings which can be genuinely beneficial. This is one reason they hang around.

The strongest reason they hang around is that they are intertwined into the culture and family life of the people. If you ask a person who regularly go to social events associated with a particular religion how important that is to them, it is likely that it is one of the most important things in their lives. It means everything to them.

One thing I can say about going to social events and 'church' for a few different religions (even from various countries) is that the people you meet tend to be nicer and more respectful, and 'got it together' better than say a random sample of people you meet out on the street; so in that sense it can be a good thing.

I think maybe your broad general claim comes out of ignorance if you are including all religions. I do not deny there is a bunch of nonsense in some religions, but not everything about about every religion is nonsense.

edit on 25-4-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I thinj that nothing bad comes from church or any other religion. There are people that need to be told what is right and what is wrong. Imagine if those people are not told, they be lost and god help us all because I believe big percentage of them will be evil to the root.

And I believe that could lead to end of days.
edit on 25-4-2016 by saadad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

When the Anunaki arrived they brought a multitude of priests along with them. I believe they were emissary's representatives/ ambassadors... of their own father who was a King back on their home planet. I forget where that planet was, but we know the general whereabouts of the place. By them and they, I mean Enki and his brother and sister. It was the sister who reportedly created mankind with Enki's brother. Enki was more of a fighter/ warrior and his brother more peaceful /thoughtful. Two brothers and their sister came here with the Iggi. I don't know who the Iggi were...could be robotic but they were basically slaves. The 3 siblings were tasked with mining gold and precious metals, sent by their father.

I think when we pray...any of us in any religion we are praying to this "father," their father.

As the story goes...according to some of the oldest writings we have found (I think the Enuma Elish or maybe another cuniform on stone thing) The thoughtful brother and the sister went about creating humans when the Iggi revolted about all the hard work here. Enki was a difficult task master and had no mercy but the brother and sister (she was a scientist/ doctor) set about to create an alternate slave race, a little bit smarter than the apes we have here, as they could not be trained.

They blended a little of their DNA with ours. And it was a variety from them used on an assortment of species here, including monkeys, apes, bull and birds. In the Bible, reference to their superior strains of DNA are called RODS. This was a great bunch of experiments and a significant moment for "mankind" as we know it today.

If you look at the alter in almost any old church ...it is basically a lab table, with people working around it, wearing lab coats. That CHURCH SERVICE we see today is actually our creation. It is a reproduction of the moment their blood was mixed with our blood and the human was formed. When the bible uses the word blood, it can almost always be translated to DNA. They got it from blood.

Now we celebrate that moment (everyone in their own way, calling it their "religion") but the father of these 3 was PISSED OFF it ever happened. He forbade it. These kids were here to mine for Gold and not to meddle with the life here.

Keep in mind this father on the home planet pretty much sees everything going on here via satellites or something like that, hence his reputation for omnipresence, but somehow the creating of humans was done in secret, without his knowledge and without his approval.

He was pissed at his kids and wanted to wipe out all the humans they created, calling us an abomination and we always remained, to many of their kind (Gods and Demi-Gods) as stinky and smelly creatures, as we are repeatedly referred to in older texts. Apparently this other race, from whom some of our DNA is from, smells really nice.
You will notice in churches, it is customary to spray the place with incense...that is because we stink. When we are gathered along with their kind, they can't stand the smell of us.

And back to the tale...This FATHER, their father, was royally pissed off. He actually did try to kill off most of us. This is where we get the flood stories. Why we are always praying for forgiveness, acceptance and to be more in "the Fathers" favor. Never gonna happen. We just aren't built like that....none the less a couple MEN found a way to reach his heart. Yes, they have hearts.

One or two human beings created were EXCEPTIONAL (Ezekiel and Noah for example, in different religions, these are different people) but these early men set a good example and plead the case for all of us. We probably didn't deserve it, (too much like the animals we were created from) but we were given a reprieve, allowed to live. Possible we (humanity) should have been wiped out because these exceptional humans were not exactly THE NORM. In any event the Anunaki and the Iggi left. In the vacuum the smartest humans and a couple Demi-Gods were left in charge of the stupider ones. (an apt comparison of the difference in brain power or ability, might be like comparing dogs to sheep)

And here we are today.

Those same families continue on in their same places, carrying on their same roles. The smarter ones keeping charge over the fairly stupid. The growth rates of both carefully cultivated and maintained.

It's not exactly RELIGION as it is an early memory and means of controlling us.

When the Anuniki left, including The Father with Enki, his sister and brother, the Father threatened to keep watching our development from his place in the heavens. This is why we get all that OUR FATHER IN HEAVENS business.

In early Christian writings their is a lot about being led from the darkness into the light. We were miners.
There is a lot about when your brother falls he takes down everyone with him, as well as bear the yolk of your brother, or take on his burden....

....we were like donkeys underground, literally chained to one another, in yolks, performing manual labor, digging for gold in the dark with candles.

Who we consider our personal savior and who remains worshipped in legend, in story handed down generation to generation are those humans, and Demi-Gods (half human, half alien) who fought to bring us up out of the hole.

I do not think that FATHER in heaven has any special powers over us...he or more accurately his descendants who assume his role now, may have a skill with magnetism and even psychic powers of persuasion of some sort. It's possible. If we can do it, anyone can. If we can mount surveillance over another planet and spy on them, it can be done to us. Probably is being done to us.

What does this all mean?
I don't know, but I think this and these beginnings is where all our religion comes from.

RELIGIONS ARE NOT SO MUCH LIES AS THEY ARE STORIES about our beginnings, used against us by people and groups who started out a little bit smarter. And perhaps smarter is not even a good word, because only "temperament" might be different. A sheep may be every bit as smart as the dog but they are not aggressive and so succumb to control more easily.

I think we can admit that religion is a tool to control us, to create workers, to keep people in their birth paths or if you are among the original "smarter" humans it might be something you use to reign in and control the rest of us, to keep your own self from being knocked out of POSITION.

To say it's all based on nothing, however, is just plain wrong.
There's a lot that had to happen first.

It's not MAGIC...
Things just don't pop up out of thin air.

edit on 25-4-2016 by Loveaduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

First I would like to start off by saying I am an atheist and I agree with a lot of what is said in this post because I think people who believe in religion should ask questions and to not except things just because you’re told to accept them and just by faith. Questions are how you educate yourself and keep yourself safe in this world and that’s what smart people do. Educating yourself is the only way your mind will grow and give you a better understanding of the world you live in and if you don’t understand it continue to ask more questions because you should look at both sides of the discussion or you’re close minded.
edit on 25-4-2016 by Azoff because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join