It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake lights or stricken UFO? Moments before the Ecuador earthquake hit...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Terrible to see so many dead in the Ecuador earthquake, I have family over there, and the situation is still unfolding. Hoping there's no more quakes, and thoughts/prayers go to all those affected.

Now to get the subject underway, here's a link to a video which was uploaded to Facebook not too long ago - it's being reported only in local Ecuadorian press, and there do appear to be informational controls already implemented. Apparently some conveniently available American scientists have claimed this as an example of Earthquake Lights - but the phenomena on video doesn't appear anywhere similar to other incidents of the electrical/plasmid phenomenon they allege it is.

Stricken UFO in Ecuador earthquake zone?

I suggest that this object shows evidence of solid or liquid combustible being consumed, open to the atmosphere either due to damage, or as part of its propulsion system. I call UFO, and further, we know that the patents exist - could this earthquake have been an accidental collateral incident caused by an attempt to bring down this craft, by the use of something similar to an ionospheric heater? Such a conclusion would not undermine the reality of the human tragedy which is currently unfolding.

Thoughts?

FITO

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't care what it is, it's gorgeous!!

And it's not me saying "this is old" but I'm pretty sure one of the comments on YouTube in Spanish says something to the likes of it being old.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Dammit. Serves me right for not checking out the source properly. It came to my attention through a channel of regular Ecuadorian folk, so I just knee-jerk posted. Mods, feel free to remove the thread.

FITO.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

this is from july 2015

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
this is from july 2015

And a meteor flying through the sky should not ever be associated with "earthquake lights". There's a universe of difference between "earthquake lights" and a meteor streaking across the sky.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

I know. I just showed the video presented by the OP that was in that facebook post posted as earthquake light slash ufo.

I thought it was interesting if there actually was a meteor at the time of the earthquake, but alas it's an old vid.

edit on 17-4-2016 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Sorry but remember seeing this vid a few month ago it of a Meteor LOL

Looking for it now

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

That meteor seems to be going awful slow, to me. It looks more like a glowing ball with full-on afterburners.
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

And this is a good example of the bias of belief, something we see a lot on this site.

This thread will probably continue soon with people ignoring the fact that the video has already been explained, because they want it so desperately to be something paranormal, they'll actively refuse reality to continue their fantasy.

Edit: See the post above mine, told you so lol
edit on 17-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Gotta love ATS. Looks like every other meteor video ever seen....must be a stricken UFO.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

That meteor seems to be going awful slow, to me. It looks more like a glowing ball with full-on afterburners.

And this is how silly conspiracies are born.

"It doesn't move like X normally does"
"I've never seen X that colour"
"I've looked at X my whole life and I've never seen it look like that"
"It doesn't look like any X I've ever seen before"

Therefore...it's a UFO. After all, a person has seen everything and is infallible and never mistaken.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: seaswine

Dammit. Serves me right for not checking out the source properly. It came to my attention through a channel of regular Ecuadorian folk, so I just knee-jerk posted. Mods, feel free to remove the thread.

FITO.

It's OK. It's an interesting video regardless.

edit on 17-4-2016 by tweetie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Wow that's an astounding meteor sighting nonetheless. No wonder so many early peoples thought gods and dragons roamed the skies! Thanks, I didn't see this one when it went round before.
edit on 17-4-2016 by Starcrossd because: added a word so people wouldnt think i meant ufo and get totally flamed for 5 pgs

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

There's no possible way for anyone to hazard a guess as to how fast a meteor is traveling by just viewing it with their eyeballs. And as such, no one can claim that a meteor is moving too fast or too slow.

There are far too many variables on what causes a meteor to move quickly or slowly through the atmosphere. For instance:

- It's speed before it enters the atmosphere.
- How far into the atmosphere it enters.
- It's angle of entry into the atmosphere.
- It's size/mass.

Claiming a meteor is moving too slow or too fast and therefore must be something other than a meteor, doesn't get any more ignorant than that.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

There's no possible way for anyone to hazard a guess as to how fast a meteor is traveling by just viewing it with their eyeballs. And as such, no one can claim that a meteor is moving too fast or too slow.

There are far too many variables on what causes a meteor to move quickly or slowly through the atmosphere. For instance:

- It's size/mass.

I was "listening" to you until you typed the following:

Claiming a meteor is moving too slow or too fast and therefore must be something other than a meteor, doesn't get any more ignorant than that.

I wondered about the seeming slowness of the meteor in the video and wondered if the speed of the video had been slowed down. I know nothing about the variable speeds of meteors because the subject never crossed my mind before. I saw one three or four nights ago for about three seconds; it was zipping fast, bright orange in color and looked very low before it disappeared. If it had been moving slowly I would've been more apt to question what I saw because I didn't know there could be such a variation in their speed depending on conditions. When I watched the video in the OP I thought that particular meteor looked more like a missile. LOL!

OP: perhaps some interesting sky event videos will be posted from Ecuador in relation to this very recent, devastating quake.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Isn't the tail of a meteor generally the same color of the meteor itself? I'm by no means an expert in this area or in any other field, but I have seen a number of shooting stars. And I understand that this video isn't really involved with the incident that this thread is about. I am still curious about the video though.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
Hey guys,

Terrible to see so many dead in the Ecuador earthquake, I have family over there, and the situation is still unfolding. Hoping there's no more quakes, and thoughts/prayers go to all those affected.

Now to get the subject underway, here's a link to a video which was uploaded to Facebook not too long ago - it's being reported only in local Ecuadorian press, and there do appear to be informational controls already implemented. Apparently some conveniently available American scientists have claimed this as an example of Earthquake Lights - but the phenomena on video doesn't appear anywhere similar to other incidents of the electrical/plasmid phenomenon they allege it is.

Stricken UFO in Ecuador earthquake zone?

I suggest that this object shows evidence of solid or liquid combustible being consumed, open to the atmosphere either due to damage, or as part of its propulsion system. I call UFO, and further, we know that the patents exist - could this earthquake have been an accidental collateral incident caused by an attempt to bring down this craft, by the use of something similar to an ionospheric heater? Such a conclusion would not undermine the reality of the human tragedy which is currently unfolding.

Thoughts?

FITO

Thoughts are that this is an aircraft of some sort, not Earth lights. The streaking exhaust could just as well be a streaking port light, and at what's looks to be a relatvely low level, no need for a contrail to be observed.
Looking again it looks like the,' streak' is actually a fuselage of some kind.
edit on 17-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
not so, there is an observable metering.....looks slow and the trail edges are too definite and we have a color discrepancy the size of New York City....with no dissipation at the end

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

- It's size/mass.

edit on 17-4-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Thoughts are that this is an aircraft of some sort, not Earth lights.

Looks more like a meteor than any aircraft, conventional or otherwise.

edit on 4/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

That looks like something launched, not like any earthquake lights I ever saw in video. Anything official stating that is what it's actually claimed to be, or just the FB page?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join