It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military & UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Do you believe that the Military has ever shot down unidentified craft that are extra-terrestrial in origin?

If so is there evidence?

Would it be plausible that the Military could use downed ships and possibly captured E.T's as bargaining chips?

Do we have a right to defend our skies, if a UFO is intercepted when should force be applied?

What weapons are the Military developing that could possibly repel any hostile UFO's?

Share your thoughts!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Oddly enough, I can think of one book that might answer your questions, if you believe the book, The Day After Roswell, by Major Phillip Corso.

Yes, I believe we've shot down at least one craft.

Yes, there is evidence, but off hand, not much...I can think of one unauthenticated document, and of course, the testimony of Lazar's sighting of one such craft in the S-4 hangar, but that's about it.

I doubt we could use them as bargaining chips, as they don't seem to share our values and would likely see them as expendable, from most accounts. It seems that the only bargaining chip we have is maintaining the secret. Obviously, the aliens want to remain secretive, or they would have revealed themselves to us by now. So, that's about the only bargaining chip that comes to mind.

I think we have the right to defend, but we need to temper it with consequences. We are obviously dealing with a more advanced race here, so since there haven't been any reports of such military action against UFOs in recent memory, it's safe to assume that some kind of an accord has been reached.

Well, citing Corso, as he's one source I can think of on this, it seems that EM weapons, particle beams, lasers, etc. have the most promise...as well as the alternate purpose of the SDI program, hinted at by Reagan in a couple of UN speeches.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
We're not perfect but we're still dangerous, we've developed and are developing weapons that are light years ahead.

Not to mention that if it is true that we've captured exotic E.T technology and have successfully reverse-engineered technology, that would be something to worry about.

However i think a neutral stance is better.

join