It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Engineer Reveals Evidence for Advanced Ancient Civilisation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Harte

a reply to: the2ofusr1

That's a good video. A 25 foot thick 'stratified' layer deposited in just 3 hours.

The people in charge of science need to be fired and all of their books need to be burned.

Beats having to exercise your brain a little to learn it.

I'm more than willing to learn.

You better get on that then before you burn all the science books.

originally posted by: SnarlTrick is ... I'm smart enough to see when people who don't have the real answers start making s# up. People like you. LOL

Are you smart enough to read any of my dozen or so posts on the subject of ancient stone drilling and cutting that I've posted here over the years?
Perhaps you should look before you claim someone doesn't have answers.

Commit. Are you in agreement with the premise of the thread ... or disagreement?

If the premise is that some Russian claiming to be an engineer has made an ignorant claim, then yes.

But no, the ancients didn't have power tools and, yes, the ancients built their own structures.

Harte

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: Granite

Harte got promoted to gatekeeper? Congrats, buddy! Also, what's an ATS gatekeeper do?

Sets to work on being promoted to keymaster.

Harte

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
No. Not the Bible, that's mostly allegory. I'm talking about more mundane stuff.

That's a hoot. The same people who left behind documentation about the construction of the pyramids ... happen to be the same people who left behind religious texts.

Were they right? Were they wrong? Or, were they half right ... and you're the one who gets to choose?

The same people that left behind your grocery store receipt also left behind the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

This means that you can throw away that worthless receipt. You obviously didn't buy groceries in Gondor.

Harte

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Alien Abduct

No. But that doesnt answer my question.

Ok. To answer your question, I don't know.

But since you answered mine to the negative, why do you assume advanced tools were used since none have been found?

Evidence of what appears to be saw blade marks on stone shown many times in the video. The hole saw evidence. And those small obsedian and mountain crystal objects.

The ancients simply didnt have the capability to cut granite or obsedian or mountain crystal like that. Yet the evidence that the stone was in fact cut is pretty well established. Im not saying aliens........but, aliens.

Denys Stocks, an "Experimental" Archaeologist, has demonstrated cutting granite with both copper slabbing saws and copper tube saws, using sand as an abrasive. Even documented the tool wear versus cut depth.
Link

You should look into some of his work if you really want to see that the claims certainly have been countered - before they were even made.

Harte

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: Granite

Harte got promoted to gatekeeper? Congrats, buddy! Also, what's an ATS gatekeeper do?

Sets to work on being promoted to keymaster.

Harte
#

Hang on a minute, I'm the keymaster........

"Zool........i need a word with you........"

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
For anyone who wants to know ancient building techniques, i thoroughly recommend reading (hard copy or online available), Vitruvius in his writings "On Architecture".

This is a wonderful book, written as a primary source, on Roman architecture and building techniques. Whilst this may not cover, for example, Egyptian building techniques, it is important to understand that the Romans simply adapted (and usually improved) other ancient construction techniques - something they quite readily admit to in all sorts of Roman writings.

For anyone interested in this type of thing, i think those unaware of its existence may be quite suprised at just how good at building the Romans actually were (and therefore, by default, other ancient peoples').

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Yeah, just to agree with the posters above. I'm an archaeologist. And the problem is experimental archaeologists have demonstrated ways of doing all of the things our ancient ancestors did with regards stone work.

It just requires an awful lot of man hours to achieve what they achieved.

The links already pointed to above are a good start to the reading. But, yeah, sadly this stuff has all been investigated and solved by the experimental archaeologists.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I am very interested. I suppose this has to do with the following:

• Gornaya Shoria megaliths
  • Baalbek
  • Monolithic statues of Easter Island
  • Various Pyramids with cut stones

I found this link while searching:
The Forgotten Stones of Aswan Quarry, Egypt
Dated about 1170 BC but thought to be much older.

Interesting stuff.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

The links already pointed to above are a good start to the reading. But, yeah, sadly this stuff has all been investigated and solved by the experimental archaeologists.

Ooohkaay...

So, any ideas from experimental archaeologists how to get 400 ton blocks 600 meters up on a mountain?
edit on 18-4-2016 by ForteanOrg because: he skipped the ch in archeologists. Keyboards..

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi2. Everyone assumes that these ancient buildings are perfect. They are not. Aliens or "advanced" civilisations should have at least been able to build things square!

Minor, but possibly important detail: building things square is actually not the best way to create resilient buildings. To build an earthquake proof building you use all kinds of yagged lines to get a more even distribution of forces throughout the building. There is an anecdote about one of the ancient buildings, where the archeologist initially thought the ancestors had simply sought out more or less fitting stones and then made them to fit by polishing them into shape - until he discovered that another wall had EXACTLY the same yagged, haphazerd patterns. I mean: EXACTLY, not similar. So, it safe to assume they know about the strength of seemingly random patterns in brickwork.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Awesome find...really enjoyed the clip as well...makes you think HMMMMMMMM

Biggups S&F

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Wow, awesome. Nicely put together!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: Phage

Does any of the tools found have "abrasive powder" or perhaps diamond bits embedded in them? Surly these would be the only ones that could last long enough to do any sort of damage and so therefore would be the most likely tool to be burried with its owner.

No, because they didn't use embedded abrasives. That would have been fairly inefficient, since they'd have to stop and replace the abrasive surface whenever it was worn down.

And no, no diamonds. Diamonds are found in volcanic pipes called "Kimberlite" and they're fairly rare in most places. Diamond also shatters easily if you hit it along the wrong axis (that's how diamond cutters cut diamonds.) In the ancient world, diamonds weren't polished because they didn't have the ability to make diamond grit to polish the stones with.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

Ooohkaay...

So, any ideas from experimental archaeologists how to get 400 ton blocks 600 meters up on a mountain?

They got them DOWN from another site in ancient times. Or across.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Ooohkaay...

Wooden sleds and hundreds of workers.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Thanks for your information.

You might find this interesting and explanatory. As my wife and I puzzled through this conundrum, we concluded that the most likely answer lay with the idea that the ancient Egyptians were more "chemists" than machinists. You might find this interesting: www.geopolymer.org...

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Ooohkaay...

They got them DOWN from another site in ancient times. Or across.

Really?

And ... why isn't the answer exact/specific? Seems to be a fair question. Seems direct. Of course, if anyone had a readily believable answer, this wouldn't be a fascinating topic for discussion. It is fun ... isn't it?

My answer would have been: "They did it with ease, because it was obviously an easy thing for them to do. Only ... I can't tell you how they did it, because they were far more advanced in these techniques than we have answers for in our new modern era."

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I always find it interesting how some folks are 100% dead certain that their is no way there ever could have been a highly advanced civilization in the earths past.

As advanced as we are most of our junk will be gone in the blink (of the earths time frame) of the eye, without having giant glaciers coming down and destroying everything.

I mean can you imagine what a glacier would do to New York during an ice age? I doubt there would be enough left to begin a puzzle let alone complete a picture.

I dont know if an advanced civilization did what was covered in the OP, probably not... but the possibility still exists that once upon a time our ancestors were much more advanced than we know. Just seems odd to me that homo-sapiens have been around what 200k years give or take... yet they made no jumps toward civilization till roughly 12k years ago.

Anyway I am seriously drifting, so I will leave off with interesting OP, enjoyed the video if for no other reason than to play the what if game for a bit.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Are you smart enough to read any of my dozen or so posts on the subject of ancient stone drilling and cutting that I've posted here over the years?

Why so serious?

I yield. Link please.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
Very cool video...no question the old guys used something other than chiles to cut stone. But what? I think it was something other than a steel blade and related machinery...why you ask, well someone would of found all or part of this type of machine...and that has not happened. Or if it has been found it is being kept a secret.

The plant that eat stone gig doesn't work for me...alien technology does work. They...the alien...landed, made friends with the locals, built stuff and left taking their toys with them...thus no relics lying around.

Sometimes people don't talk to me very much at parties...could be because of this...ya think?

But it is too windy to go to the beach anyway...

Cheers

Not really buying the plant thing either due to the fact that if the rock were softened and then formed as needed, there are still a lot of flat surfaces that are large and have very little change in suface height/depth, typically measurable in the thousandths of an inch if at all, over their length. Now if you told me that the tools were all taken to the inner earth after some catastrophe on topside, well.... or aliens of course.

edit on 18-4-2016 by evc1shop because: clarity

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join