It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Engineer Reveals Evidence for Advanced Ancient Civilisation

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Gothic cathedrals in Europe and Roman architecture is fantastically done, yet while they were more advanced than the Egyptians they didn't have access to modern technology.
Even the technology they did have would have been familiar to the Egyptians, not so advanced as to be unfamiliar.
This has always been my difficulty with these claims, Ancient Egyptian work is impressive but was pretty simple to later civilizations that still lacked modern technology.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Don't know wtf yer point is, but the subject here is tool marks. That's what Phage is dancing around like he always does.

a reply to: Harte

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
Don't know wtf yer point is, but the subject here is tool marks. That's what Phage is dancing around like he always does.

Tool marks??

What stinkin' tool marks?

If we talk about tool marks we'd have to admit the AEs used something other than hand tools. That would foul up the Official Story.

And don't get me started on near perfection.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
So the issue is that the Egyptians knew how to polish?
edit on 3-5-2016 by RuneSpider because: Bloody autocorrect

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Astounding!

I never knew hand tools don't make tool marks.

Harte

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RuneSpider

Apparently.

And gods forbid that they might have used two person copper saws, as was shown in at least one tomb painting of the period - the saws themselves (First Dynasty) were probably dropped here by Martians, right? Because everyone knows that the Martian technology is pretty backwards..

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

And somehow when the Romans or Greeks did it, no aliens or advanced technology was needed.

I have to guess people think the Egyptians simply popped up out of no where, when in actuality they developed over time in the region.
Stone working was done thousands of years before the Egyptians laid the first stone of the pyramids.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
One of the arguments is that nobody could do this stonework if they just popped up out of the Stone Age.

How ironically ignorant is that?

Harte

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

And gods forbid that they might have used two person copper saws, as was shown in at least one tomb painting of the period - the saws themselves (First Dynasty) were probably dropped here by Martians, right? Because everyone knows that the Martian technology is pretty backwards..

It would seem they also had circular saws in their toolbox, according to Petrie and judging from this source:

The forms of the tools were straight saws, circular saws, tubular drills, and lathes.

And likely used jewel points to cut through the harder stones:

The character of the work would certainly seem to point to diamond as being the cutting jewel; and only the considerations of its rarity in general, and its absence from Egypt, interfere with this conclusion, and render the tough uncrystallized corundum the more likely material.

When trying to interpret the tool marks, Petrie had considerable problems with what he saw on granite core no. 7:

The great pressure needed to force the drills and saws so rapidly through the hard stones is very surprising; probably a load of at least a ton or two was placed on the 4 inch drills cutting in granite.

Considering the dimensions of the blades and the huge pressure applied, would bronze/copper tools be up to the task or would they be ground to dust in the process? I think rather the latter...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

This has been done a million times already, where have you been ?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
a reply to: jeep3r

This has been done a million times already, where have you been ?

Well since he's using Petrie, about a century in the past?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Talk about being an ass.. you can disagree without being overly confrontational can you not?

Guy looks forward to a fruitful and non-confrontational discussion. Just being an overall nice guy.

"Oh, so you're only looking for like minded people patting themselves on the back.. " ughh...

Even if he only was looking forward to discussing with like minded people, I don't really see the big problem. It's a free forum you know, feel free to ruin it and be a jerk if that's what you want to do. Can't have people interested in unorthodox ideas discussing among themselves without constantly getting derailed and attacked by grumpy know it all skeptics..

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

Talk about being an ass.. you can disagree without being overly confrontational can you not?

Guy looks forward to a fruitful and non-confrontational discussion. Just being an overall nice guy.

"Oh, so you're only looking for like minded people patting themselves on the back.. " ughh...

Even if he only was looking forward to discussing with like minded people, I don't really see the big problem. It's a free forum you know, feel free to ruin it and be a jerk if that's what you want to do. Can't have people interested in unorthodox ideas discussing among themselves without constantly getting derailed and attacked by grumpy know it all skeptics..

I see.

So, you prefer ignorance do you?

I'll agree that it's comfortable, at least.

Harte

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Apparently.

Representation of craftsman rip sawing a vertical plank from the tomb chapel of the vizier Rekhmire' at Thebes, 18th Dynasty

Hmmm ...... wood or stone plank? in 18th dynnasty tomb???

Tell me, tell me, tell me lies
Tell me lies
Tell me sweet little lies

edit on 4-5-2016 by jovan because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2016 by jovan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

An assumption on your part..

Have you been around many forums? A discussion board doesn't necessarily have to revolve around heated discussions. Amiable discussions and simply sharing perspectives among like minded people has its worth too.

But do as you wish.. just thought you came off like a jerk that's all. Just don't think I don't appreciate the levelheaded, and the academic perspectives from archeologists(?) like Byrd and others. The discussion doesn't have to be overly confrontational but you seemed to have taken issue with the non-confrontational disclaimer of the OP.. which just came off ridiculous to me. "Hell no! Let's duke it out!"

Either way, I don't care.. it's a free forum, no hard feelings.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I am a granite fabricator of 10 years. I cut grind and polish all types of granite. You can not achieve such precision at this magnitude by hand. That's nearly impossible.. And to whoever was saying chisel? Lol. Even power tools in an inexperienced hand will leave chips and cracks behind. A chisel u simply cannot have perfect edges and corners. It would have chips and cracks everywhere..

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Journey1986

So in your opinion, did the Greeks, Romans, and Gothic Europeans have access to high technology?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Even the greatest artist can't draw a perfect line or angle without the assistance of a ruler but can draw real life drawings from reference close to perfection (I'm also an artist)

What I'm trying to say is while the works of art from the Greeks and romans are highly detailed and close to perfection it's actually possible with a chisel and a lot of talent and patience. But perfect squares, edges and angles?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Journey1986

Even the greatest artist can't draw a perfect line or angle without the assistance of a ruler but can draw real life drawings from reference close to perfection (I'm also an artist)

What I'm trying to say is while the works of art from the Greeks and romans are highly detailed and close to perfection it's actually possible with a chisel and a lot of talent and patience. But perfect squares, edges and angles?

You are aware the Romans, Greeks, and Europeans did the same, r?
That is why I'm asking.
In fact, they very much surpassed what the Egyptians did in terms of technical skill, while lacking modern technology.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I'm sorry I thought you were just referring to the sculptures as I stopped reading at about page 8. To be honest I'm not that knowledgable about the history of the greeks, or much of their monoliths and structures. Could u show me an example and tell me the time is was created?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join