It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Engineer Reveals Evidence for Advanced Ancient Civilisation

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: peter vlar

All the vedic creationism aside, is it possible that he had stumbled onto something worth publishing? Something that had been intentionally obscured by scholars because it doesn't fit their agenda?

It's actually material that is old (1800's.)

In the 1800's they thought that cocoa leaf extract (coc aine) was safe to give to babies for coughs. Additional evidence has shown this to be wrong. The things he presents are very outdated and proven incorrect by further research.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
a reply to: jeep3r

It is interesting you post this as I will be posting a similar thread soon discussing such topics. It does seem we have a forgotton past, possibly due to the fact those who wish to keep power wish to keep us in the dark. I am not talking the past 400 years but way back into our past. Around the ages of where such religious texts as the bible came from, a period of time unknown only to those text books all talking of a great event, the flood for instance. Something tragic happened in our past and it happened to my mind on purpose, to delete everything achieved before. Only to start us up new, lie to us and enslave us under money. All while we did for materials to support the higher powers.

People should ponder this much more.

( If the truth be known Western civilisation would fall overnight ) . What Howard Carter said upon getting the sack from the dig at kv 63

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

It is interesting you post this as I will be posting a similar thread soon discussing such topics. It does seem we have a forgotton past, possibly due to the fact those who wish to keep power wish to keep us in the dark. I am not talking the past 400 years but way back into our past. Around the ages of where such religious texts as the bible came from, a period of time unknown only to those text books all talking of a great event, the flood for instance. Something tragic happened in our past and it happened to my mind on purpose, to delete everything achieved before. Only to start us up new, lie to us and enslave us under money. All while we did for materials to support the higher powers.

( If the truth be known Western civilisation would fall overnight ) . What Howard Carter said upon getting the sack from the dig at kv 63

Uhmmm... no he didn't. KV63 was discovered about 2008 and Carter had been dead for quite some time.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Great post.

It obviously seems that here on ATS there are very few engineers or people with actual technical knowledge capable of understanding the statements put through by the video posted in the OP.

Knowing a little Egyptian history does not invalidate nor put the burden of proof upon visual evidence, material science and physics. The burden lies within the validity of the counter-arguments by stubborn people. Additionally, stating that the tools haven't been found is NOT a valid counter-argument, the marks are there, the missing of the tool does not mean they did not exist. I laugh at this one because the counter-counter argument is that materials just don't disappear. Funny that they want to use material science in order to INVALIDATE material science, just absurd and irrational.

Now let's explain a few (not all) points of the statements on the video, Shall we? :

First of all, the marks shown throughout the video does show that the cuts are done in some cases in incremental single swipes of about 1mm, that level of precision is not posible by "chipping or cutting and sanding with hand tools". Hand tools are not able to mimic a single sweep of a circular saw, much less leaving identical marks. Look in the video at the part where the cutting blocks are showed and try to invalidate that.

Second of all, the force or in a better term energy required to make the cuts due to the diameter of the cutting marks (shown in video) is abysmal. (both parallel to the cut and rotational)

Third of all, assuming they have a way to obtain the energy required, the material strength available is not even able to withstand the pressure of cutting at those big diameters (wheel saw). The video clearly states, not even with current advancements in materials we are able to make disks so thin as to be able to make the cuts shown.

Fourth of all, the drilled holes have to be done in a SINGLE sweep movement, throwing to the trash the absurd hypothesis some here are pushing that some arrow tips and a few minimal mechanisms are able to replicate them.

I didn't touch the fact of the flanges, the perfect leveling, similar markings all over the world and the connection of different pieces falling in place with an unobtainable precision with our technology.

And finally, to all those that are trying to invalidate FACTUAL EVIDENCE with half though out theories please stop trying to derail the thread in order to make oblivious the facts shown in the video.

-Peace

edit on 27-4-2016 by efabian because: Grammar

edit on 27-4-2016 by efabian because: formatting

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
There are a lot of comments about how we never found any of the Egyptian's tools and stuff... that is very wrong.

We have found all kinds of metal tools and stuff, they are just hidden by the Egyptian government for reasons unknown. I know for a fact they found a room full of metal tuning forks of different sizes, the find was published, but then the Egyptian gov. buried it all and hid the tuning forks from public.

I wish more research was done in this area.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Speaking of tuning forks...

Have you guys seen the ultrasonic knife?

Check out the other "ultrasound" videos on that channel...

edit on 27-4-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: efabian
Great post.

It obviously seems that here on ATS there are very few engineers or people with actual technical knowledge capable of understanding the statements put through by the video posted in the OP.

It's far more obvious that there are a great many people here at ATS that are willing to simply swallow anything that supports some whacked-out fantasy view of the past.

The video is a joke. Point in case - the very first stone shown in the vid - it is claimed one section is chiseled while another section is sawn.

There are no chisel marks nor are there any saw marks on the stone.

Without personally examining the stone, no one on ATS can say with confidence how either surface was made. However, the rough surface shows all the hallmarks of being pounded, which we know for a fact was a method used for shaping stone by the AEs. The smooth section was likely smoothed with rubbing stones, a method we also know for a fact was utilized by the AEs to smooth the surfaces of stone they had pounded.

Given that it is utterly undeniable that the Ancient Egyptians used both tube saws and slabbing saws on stone, any astonishment at seeing saw marks is the result of either ignorance or an attempt to exploit the ignorance of an audience.

That audience, as I stated in the first sentence of this post, is here at ATS en masse, and are ravenously awaiting more disinformation to confirm their sparkly and fantastic world views.

Harte
edit on 4/27/2016 by Harte because: I said so.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: tigertatzen

I suggest you rethink your argument; The idea that the Great Pyramid was built by slaves is laughable.

That's what I was taught in school. Does it make it right? No but certainly not laughable.

I love the bravado from some of you. Clearly a lot of these theories were prevalent in school a decade or so ago and now considered "laughable".

Think about that for a second before you guys laugh at others ideas, because for all you know the prevailing theories will once again seem laughable and the future ATSers will be laughing at you next.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I think being gatekeepers is cool in that at least there's a counter argument and a cohesive one. But ya'll don't have to be dicks. *sigh*

That said, it's some of you that keep ATS from devolving into BIN.
edit on 27-4-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
No way does any of the rational empirical thought you employed factor in to these peoples' heads. they know nothing about physical work, they've been pencil pushers all their lives and the only ones claiming you can do these things and leave these marks with "rubbing stones and slab saws" are not even on the same playing field of rational, knowledgeable thought. They start with "I know everything" and then no matter what they are shown they will not open their eyes. Let them die off and don't worry about their arguments- nobody with half a brain believes they are right.

a reply to: efabian

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: bottleslingguy

I hear you, just had to make some sense in the thread.
Most of the people fighting you was irritating me.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: Harte

I think being gatekeepers is cool in that at least there's a counter argument and a cohesive one. But ya'll don't have to be dicks. *sigh*

That said, it's some of you that keep ATS from devolving into BIN.

It's a dirty job, but it has to be done.
Luckily, we can take turns here.

Harte

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: efabian
First of all, the marks shown throughout the video does show that the cuts are done in some cases in incremental single swipes of about 1mm, that level of precision is not posible by "chipping or cutting and sanding with hand tools".

They used bow drills. Not chipping and sanding. In fact, there's several tomb paintings showing these bow drills being used (with captions that indicate they're using a drill to hollow out vases and so forth.)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: tigertatzen

I suggest you rethink your argument; The idea that the Great Pyramid was built by slaves is laughable.

That's what I was taught in school. Does it make it right? No but certainly not laughable.

I love the bravado from some of you. Clearly a lot of these theories were prevalent in school a decade or so ago and now considered "laughable".

Think about that for a second before you guys laugh at others ideas, because for all you know the prevailing theories will once again seem laughable and the future ATSers will be laughing at you next.

Actually, this is the way science is done -- we know that ideas will be changed as more information comes in.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
There are a lot of comments about how we never found any of the Egyptian's tools and stuff... that is very wrong.

We have found all kinds of metal tools and stuff, they are just hidden by the Egyptian government for reasons unknown. I know for a fact they found a room full of metal tuning forks of different sizes, the find was published, but then the Egyptian gov. buried it all and hid the tuning forks from public.

I wish more research was done in this area.

Where did you see this mentioned?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Uhmmm... no he didn't. KV63 was discovered about 2008 and Carter had been dead for quite some time.

I should have typed KV 62 not 63 , new keyboard and very tired and oh yes he did say those words ! maybe that is why ne never got knighted

edit on 27/4/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Do you have a citation for that or should I just take your word that Carter said such?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

www.amazon.co.uk...*Version*=1&*entries*=0

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Whenever I read these kind of threads I am reminded of an antiques roadshow episode where wooden tools built in the 19th century were being examined. Some of them were a total mystery as to their use. So if we can forget what tools were used for within 116 years what are the chances of losing the knowledge of stone cutting and shaping over 3000 years ago !

I have tools my grandad (a joiner) used and you cannot purchase them now as they have been replaced by modern tools if I don't tell my kids what they were used for they will have no idea, especially the plane for cutting decorative grooves.

Unless we document things we are dependant on word of mouth and we do our ancestors a great disservice by using our ignorance as an arrogant assumption on their ability. Remember this : if you take a baby out of ancient egypt, put them through school today they will be perfectly capable of using a computer in 5 years !

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Is this the book that retries to convince the reader that because artifacts that had Tutankhamun's name on them because Carter had been looting the site for a decade? The same book so devoid of logic that it expects people to believe that Carter managed to break through a wall from a nearby tomb but excludes details like the difference of ~25 feet in depth between the 2 and that to cover all of this up Carter not only sealed up the breach he created to loot the site but managed to paint cartouche on the inside of the wall he sealed up. How did he mange to paint the inside of the wall AFTER he revealed it? Sorry, but I was looking for a legitimate source, not a fairy tale with no basis in fact. Its a great story but high on speculation and light on supporting evidence.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join