It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Engineer Reveals Evidence for Advanced Ancient Civilisation

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
And it all started on Mars... Nice thread..

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

originally posted by: Harte

Do you have a reason to believe such leveling couldn't have been done any other way?

Have you read any of the theories on how the site of the GP was leveled, how the courses of stones were leveled, etc.?

Precise leveling also involves getting the stones right in order to achieve the results we see at Giza, which brings us back to the question of how the actual stonework was accomplished.
At the GP, the structure itself was only leveled every 10 or 15 courses, IIRC.

I thought we were talking about the bedrock base.

As for a pic, the first one that comes to mind is one I posted in another thread here.

Harte

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
you can say something but that doesn't make it true. even if your bow drill had the same drill bit as a high speed drill press they would leave different marks because the bow drill is moving back and forth. the drill press would also be moving through the material at a more consistent rate and that my friend leaves empirically forensic proof of advanced tools. what size string did they need to bow-drill that huge hole we see in a granite block in one of the photos provided in the op? I am aware of these cartoon depictions of how some of these idiots think the work was done but in the real world the snapshot they depict in no way solves the problem from start to finish and within the timeframes we're supposedly talking about. they describe bamboo technology and show cartoons of it but in reality that doesn't give us what we are looking at.

a reply to: dragonridr

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Precise leveling also involves getting the stones right in order to achieve the results we see at Giza, which brings us back to the question of how the actual stonework was accomplished.

Traditionally this involved pouring water on the surface, and grinding away high spots (anything that retained water was a low spot. This method was used around the region, as far as I know.

II'd also be interested in photos of the work he did to prove that the granite sarcophagi of the Serapeum could be fabricated using conventional tools (those that were allegedly used at the time) ...

The time period was 1300 BC, well into the Iron Age in most of the area.

In addition, have you taken a look at the granite statues of the pharaohs of that time (and before)? Those are colossal in size (the ones in front of the mortuary temple of Hatshepsut, for instance) inscribed with hieroglyphs, and finely detailed. And they had been making these finely-detailed statues from granite (complete with hieroglyphic inscriptions) since before the 4th dynasty. The Pyramid Texts, in fact, are inscribed on black granite.

So why do you think they could make these statues...but the granite sarcophagi was impossible to make?
edit on 20-4-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguywhat size string did they need to bow-drill that huge hole we see in a granite block in one of the photos provided in the op?

That huge hole which has a diameter of less than 10 cm, that one ?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
no smartass, the third picture in the op. can you click on that? now what kind of smartass reply are you gonna provide? how did they do that with a bow drill?

a reply to: Marduk

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
double post
edit on 21-4-2016 by bottleslingguy because: because marsuk is an idiot

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
ok now you have to actually think about what you are saying as far as this "flooding" technique to level the ground. So you're saying they actually flooded the area and kept the water at the same exact level the entire time while they chipped away? are you kidding me? I'm sure you can draw a picture of this happening but in reality it's a whole different story. You guys have no clue. not one clue what you are talking about.

a reply to: Byrd

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

The Question is, is the concrete proof that these stones are machine cut? If its proven then history is a lie.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
no smartass, the third picture in the op. can you click on that? now what kind of smartass reply are you gonna provide? how did they do that with a bow drill?

the third picture shows a hole which has a diameter of less than 10 cm
As you know nothing about the standardisation of blocks at Karnak at 52cm long, like the one in front of it, then how do you hope to make any sense at all
You're totally clueless
Isn't this the work that you have already been shown being performed with primitive Egyptian tools on video, linked to academic papers which discuss it and linked to books written by the archaeologists who have done it
why yes, yes it is.
So you are clueless and wilfully ignorant
Your credulity is not the subject of this forum, its getting boring wasting time reading your posts, is there some way that you could possibly post somewhere else....

edit on 21-4-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Fight, you bastards. I hate peace.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jimjolnir
Fight, you bastards. I hate peace.

Eloquently put, indeed!

The A & LC board is among the friendliest places I have encountered here on ATS...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

In addition, have you taken a look at the granite statues of the pharaohs of that time (and before)? Those are colossal in size (the ones in front of the mortuary temple of Hatshepsut, for instance) inscribed with hieroglyphs, and finely detailed. And they had been making these finely-detailed statues from granite (complete with hieroglyphic inscriptions) since before the 4th dynasty. The Pyramid Texts, in fact, are inscribed on black granite.

So why do you think they could make these statues...but the granite sarcophagi was impossible to make?

Well, did they? Or were they just scratching the surface and adding some graffiti? I suggest we both go there and have a good look in order to:

a) check the hole in the ceiling of the gateway to prove that it's more than 10cm across
b) measure the dimensions of the sarcophagi at the Serapeum incl. mean deviations, closely inspect the material and surface properties and argue whether or not the hieroglyphs could have been added at a later stage.

And then we go ahead and try to build one ourselves, by hand and out of one huge chunk of granite... what do you think? We might become best friends upon success!

edit on 21-4-2016 by jeep3r because: spelling

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r
Blisters. That's what I think.

Harte

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

the third picture shows a hole which has a diameter of less than 10 cm
As you know nothing about the standardisation of blocks at Karnak at 52cm long, like the one in front of it, then how do you hope to make any sense at all
You're totally clueless

This is totally inaccurate. Talatat (what you call "standardized" blocks) were only in use at Karnak during the reign of pharaoh Akhenaten and are mostly found in dismantled structures after the restoration of the cult of Amun (en.wikipedia.org...). The blocks shown in the OP picture are clearly not Talatat, as from the image one can clearly tell they are made of granite.
Comparing the image with some pictures I took of the same area, looks like the photograph was taken at the 10th Pylon.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
fair enough that I was thinking about the wrong picture. this is the one from Karnak that's much larger than 4 in wide hiddenincatours.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

ok now you have to actually think about what you are saying as far as this "flooding" technique to level the ground. So you're saying they actually flooded the area and kept the water at the same exact level the entire time while they chipped away? are you kidding me? I'm sure you can draw a picture of this happening but in reality it's a whole different story. You guys have no clue. not one clue what you are talking about.

a reply to: Byrd

Nope. I'm saying that they leveled it (and checked it with their leveling tools (put a cubit stick on top of it ... same way we look for larger flaws in woodworking or manual stonework today.) For a "polishing finish" they would pour water on the flat surface and look to see if there were pockets of wetness.

It's the same thing you do when you hand-cab a stone with sandpaper.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Well, did they? Or were they just scratching the surface and adding some graffiti? I suggest we both go there and have a good look in order to:

a) check the hole in the ceiling of the gateway to prove that it's more than 10cm across
b) measure the dimensions of the sarcophagi at the Serapeum incl. mean deviations, closely inspect the material and surface properties and argue whether or not the hieroglyphs could have been added at a later stage.

And then we go ahead and try to build one ourselves, by hand and out of one huge chunk of granite... what do you think? We might become best friends upon success!

* why should we do those measurements when others have done it?
* Why just those things out of the millions of documented objects in Egypt?

While it might be interesting to build one ourselves, we would first have to come from a family of sculptors and quarrymen (you can be the quarryman... I'll sculpt) who had been doing this type of handwork for over 10 generations and we would have to learn it to our fathers' and grandfathers' satisfaction.

I'm certainly willing to go back to Egypt. You pay for it!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
We don't work with stone the same way they did thousands of years ago. Now we use metal alloys for our modern structures. Naturally some of the tricks of the trade will be lost when you don't have thousands of stone workers doing this together every day. Pre-civilization humans who were hunter-gatherers were much more in tune to nature than we are today. Ted Nugent wouldn't be able to compete with an average hunter 10 thousand years ago even with a modern rifle. It only means they were more 'specialized' than us with a knowledge irrelevant to today's world.

If you could resurrect an ancient Egyptian and take them to a modern city they would be completely in awe of a modern skyscraper. Especially when you consider the overall utility and functionality of the structure. Electricity and Internet in every room inside, along with clean water and amazing climate controls. All of this is only possible with technology developed in the last 120 years. In this time they could have built 5, maybe 6 Giza pyramids that are essentially a pile of rocks. In the meantime we have built thousands of cities with thousands of buildings in each one.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

Ted Nugent wouldn't be able to compete with an average hunter 10 thousand years ago even with a modern rifle.

Yeah.
But Chuck Norris would kick their ass.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join