It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, Global Warming is REAL, and it IS CAUSED by man. PROOF!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

At any rate, the Earth warms and cools in cycles, so what does it matter if humans are the reason, this time around?
It matters because if we are the reason, we can do something about it. Or we can ignore it and say "Meh, let them move." Move to, like, your city?

Be maybe we really mustn't care.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." 1971

edit on 4/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Did not the Paris Climate Conference agree to set a goal on limiting global warming to less than 2 degrees celusius? It gets confusing if it is global warming,cooling or just change.
Our province just signed on to agenda of carbon taxes on fuel. Should make for a more expensive way of life but ,hey, we are green now..I guess

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: fernalley

Did not the Paris Climate Conference agree to set a goal on limiting global warming to less than 2 degrees celusius?

Sort of.
If and when the agreement is ratified the goal is to "make efforts" to limit warming to 1.5º for this century.

It gets confusing if it is global warming,cooling or just change.
No, not really. The planet is warming and that is a change. Nothing very confusing about it. The effects of that change will have varying effects on climate and other things which will have profound effects on civilization.
edit on 4/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What if we reverse man made global warming and the pendulum swings to far in the opposite direction because we didn't shut down the global cooling initiatives fast enough?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The carbon which we have already added to the atmosphere will be there for a very long time. There are no proposals for "reversing" warming, only for mitigating it.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Plant life are natural CO2 scrubbers, there is no need to 'mitigate' carbon. Plants are growing at faster rates, the system is self-correcting when it comes to CO2. The fossil fuel age will be a tiny blip on the geological scale, reversal will come naturally.

Attributing rapid warming to a negligible increase in co2 concentrations are indicative of a political motive.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kix
Its not man made is the sun:

images.remss.com...

Thank You

/end of thread

That was covered by Dr. Meuller and it is simply not true

250 Years of Gloabal Warming

Berkeley Earth compared the shape of the gradual rise over 250 years to simple math functions (exponentials, polynomials) and to solar activity ( known through historical records of sunspot numbers ), and even to rising functions such as world population. Richard Muller, Founder and Scientific Director of Berkeley Earth, notes “Much to my surprise, b y far the best match was to the record of atmospheric carbon dioxide, measured from atmospheric samples and air trapped in polar ice . ” He emphasizes that the match between the data and the theory do esn’t prove that carbon dioxide is responsible for the warming, but the good fit makes it the strongest contender. “ T o be considered seriously, an y alternative explanation must match the data at least as well as does carbon dioxide.” In its 2007 report the IPCC concluded only that “ most ” of the warming of the past 50 years could be attributed to humans. It was possible, according to the IPCC, that increased solar activity could have contributed to warming prior to 1956 . Berkeley Earth analyzed about 5 times more station records than were used in previous analyses, and this expanded data base along with its new statistical approach allowed Berkeley Earth to go about 100 years farther back in time than previous studies. By doing so, the Berkeley Earth team was able to conclude that over 25 0 years, the contribution of solar activity to global warming is negligible.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, check out halfway through 70's/80's. Note that tests conducted mostly in middle latitudes.

In the tropics, the increase has been minimal, but in the mid-latitudes it has been more obvious.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: fernalley
a reply to: gortex

Did not the Paris Climate Conference agree to set a goal on limiting global warming to less than 2 degrees celusius? It gets confusing if it is global warming,cooling or just change.
Our province just signed on to agenda of carbon taxes on fuel. Should make for a more expensive way of life but ,hey, we are green now..I guess

There is something quite amusing about all these politicians and climate experts sitting around and discussing how to make the Earth's temperature what they want it to be over the next few years. I always get the mental picture of a few fleas sitting on an elephants back scheming on how to make the beast turn left instead of right.

I must admit I am still on the fence on this topic. I have some difficulty with the notion that man has created climate change. I have some reservations about the commercial aspects entangled with this effort as well as the shift in focus from 'warming' to 'change' to keep the effort going. I also wonder how the experts were chosen. I think I am right in saying that scientific views were far more mixed until studies were narrowed down to include mainly those that supported the notion.

Most of all, when people start to talk about passing laws to punish those that disagree with the idea that we are causing climate change, making climate change denial illegal, I lose faith in those putting forward the arguments. 'Agree with me or else' usually means the arguments don't stack up.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Aug 8th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Okay okay so global warming is caused by Man, let's say I'm convinced.

So alright I'll pay more CO2 taxes...... that's sure to fix it right ?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Increasing rules and regulations is not the appropriate way to mitigate climate change. So the gov increases rules and taxes, great, we can all breath, but we'll also be dirt poor. They need to consider economic and social impact. The new regulation proposed by the EPA is already hurting many oil and gas industries
edit on 23-8-2016 by farmville because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2016 by farmville because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I extremely agree with you.
Global warming is caused by men and it is increasing day by day. It is also caused by using air conditioners, etc.
It is very harmful for the environment of earth.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just finished watching 'before the flood' with Leonardo Di Caprio. It's safe to say that I'm terrified for what's in store for us if we don't change our ways. If nuclear war doesn't destroy us, then there is a real threat that mother nature will fight back against us.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

How does global warming trigger these Polar Vortices? One is kicking our butt here in Chicago right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join