It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22s deploy to Europe in larger numbers...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It was first reported by the Aviationist site that four F-22s out of Florida arrived at RAF Lakenheath on April 11. Other UK sites stated about a dozen F-22s were deploying to Europe. U.S. sources declined to specify the exact number of Raptor being deployed.

www.youtube.com...

In this video of departing crew and Raptors from Tyndall show more than four departures of Raptors. Other You tube videos also show more departures than four, as well. Unless they looped the departure vids which is a tough call as these were at night, then more than four left that same night.

The sources also stated that the F-22s would forward deploy out of the U.K. to the continent for multiple training exercises with NATO allies. One source stated F-22s would depart the U.K. and fly to France on the 20th. Calls for a permanent raptor base in Europe seems to imply a significant increase in the USAF presence in Europe.

The questions I have are where did the other Raptors deploy to if more than four, in fact did depart? Tyndall is the training squadron for the Raptors. If I understand correctly, these F-22 do not have the latest upgrades or training levels of other squadrons. This 'seems' contradictory on the surface of it. One doesn't send training units with lower capability aircraft expecting anything more than training with NATO allies. Yet deploying Raptors, at least until September, and in larger numbers than previously is a clear message being sent.

Touch and goes by F-22s where reported out of RAF Farnham yet no pictures or vids are available so far.

Anyone have any more information on this 'deployment'?
edit on 17-4-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The first deployment occurred in late 2015 with Raptors being deployed to Germany. The DoD program has Raptors being shifted around to various NATO nations as a sign of "reassurance".

US F-22 Raptors make surprise deployment to the UK
edit on 17-4-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I was aware of that deployment. It was short, to say the least.

This one is bigger and going until September, per the sources. Apparently, things are warming up again in the Ukraine and this is in response(?).

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Added another link to my post talking about surprise deployment of more F-22's to UK. The article talks about touch and go's at various airfields.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Yep, saw that one as well. Assuming an eventual permanent deployment of an F-22 squadron to the U.K./EU., one would assume that Tyndall would be the one that has the least strategic value where they are currently based....

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

The DoD program has Raptors being shifted around to various NATO nations as a sign of "reassurance".

"NATO nations"?

I doubt they are that reassured to have more DOD targets for first strike weapons painted on their countryside.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I highly doubt that they'd be deployed if those nations didn't want/ask for them.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I highly doubt that they'd be deployed if those nations didn't want/ask for them.

I think the uS has militarily occupied European nations, especially Germany, since WWII with troops, tanks, air bases and missiles (w/ nukes) and ultimately they will be forced to do whatever the US tells them to.

The Russians left East Germany and went home, the US should too.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It's not just about advanced combat aircrafts :

US troops in Europe to outnumber all European troops combined

How will the F-22 manage to operate against theses is another question :

Russian S-500 Prometheus ballistic missile defense to be deployed in 2016

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

It's not just about advanced combat aircrafts :

US troops in Europe to outnumber all European troops combined

How will the F-22 manage to operate against theses is another question :

Russian S-500 Prometheus ballistic missile defense to be deployed in 2016

I'd like to see those numbers if you have them to hand. Considering U.S. troop deployment is the lowest in EU since the end of world war II, I'd find the EU contribution to be sadly low and overly dependent on U.S. contributions.

A quick check shows a big increase on spending in EU, mostly supplies deployed...in case of. This is for 2017.

I'm OK with the Raptors. Otherwise? I'm with Trump. Blow NATO up. EU needs to take care of their own backyard.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Here is a detailed article (from a US source) about the said deployment : 2015.

If you have updated numbers for 2016 ...
Consider that both the permanently deployed troops and the transiting ones have to be taken into consideration.
Not to mention the 'civilian personnel' that took over some of the previously military-performed tasks.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Hmm, did you read it?

Over two million uniformed troops in Europe.

67,000 permanent U.S. troops deployed in Europe...2015.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Wait, didn't the Russians say how awful the US Anti-ballistic-missile system proposed for Poland is? How much of a warmonger the US is because of that?

Well, the US stopped making nuclear weapons in 1991, and scrapped it's 1980's era ICBM, and uses 1960-1970's ICBM.

Russia continues to develop and improve nuclear ICBM's, complain about US anti-ballistic missiles, and now deploys their own ABM.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The Germans demanded Russia go. Makes you wonder why they only demanded one side leave ...

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hey Guys and Gals, This isn't World War II, but perhaps we live in a time when our enemies are far more diverse and hard to identify? "Loose lips sink ships" is still an abiding philosophy. Should we really be so casually discussing our the positioning of our firepower to all and sundry?:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaYote

It's a public deployment for the most part. It's not like the information can't be found with a simple Google search. Most people in this forum either have a background or are smart enough to know what is and isn't a good idea to discuss and are quick to say something is a bad idea when it is.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The information that this thread is based on has been largely provided by the MSM, specialized media, such as The Aviationist, You Tube, etc..

I'd say it's more likely that TPTB would want this information known. It IS a deterrent and would be useless if it wasn't 'known'.

Besides, the usual suspects who 'know' on this site aren't saying anything........

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
As a decade long lurker, recent poster, I agree that this site has a savvy crew, that's why I've stayed with ye so long. Call me hyper vigilant. ...and well, the bad guys can be notoriously stupid. I just don't believe in laying an easy trail of crumbs.
edit on 17-4-2016 by SeaYote because: I fat fingered the plural for decade

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

That they're in England isn't really a secret. Where they're going and when they're going, and how long they'll be there will be kept quiet until they're there on the other hand. That's what should and will be kept quiet, at least until it hits the media.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The Germans demanded Russia go. Makes you wonder why they only demanded one side leave …

The Soviets quit and went home because they were broke and its expensive to keep up empires. Plus the people were sick of the protracted war in Afghanistan that the US won covertly.

And sick of the totalitarian state, bread lines, Gulags, oppression.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join