It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange things in the northwest coast

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Wow that is crazy. Al least your Internet stayed up.

Did you get hurt in the earthquake?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Did you get hurt in the earthquake?

Oh, no. About 400 people were injured, mostly by falling debris. One person's deadly heart attack was blamed on the quake. It was mostly property damage, about $2 billion worth, power outages, that sort of thing. There has been a lot of retro-fitting around here, and that likely prevented more extensive damage. The inconvenience was that "officials" closed a lot of buildings, bridges, etc. to "check on them" which created huge traffic jams.

It was a 6.8, so damage was pretty minimal considering. The Northridge quake in California was a 6.7 and did far more damage. Both areas are fairly heavily populated.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Wow that is a ton of damage.

I am glad you were ok and did not get injured.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nothing so far, perhaps it was all for naught.

The dogs are weird (just look who has them
) but they were acting weirder than normal.

No mountain lions or bears that we know of. But my dogs and my neighbors dogs were whining an awful lot this morning.

The wife had me get more sugar and flour just in case. I also picked up some medicinal alcohol just in case.

All is good and quiet here.

The ocean looks beautiful, sun is shining and I'm keeping an eye on the earthquake map. No tsunami sirens are sounding in town.

So maybe it was just weirdness.

I lift my gimlet to everyone who has posted!

Thank you for the thoughtful replies and kind words!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well, the only thing that happened is more gas for the genny, more supplies for the larder, and I filled both vehicles with gas.

Good thing I was wrong!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, nothing on the USGS so far, but in your shoes, I'd be watching that site like a hawk. Also don't see anything immediate weatherwise for your area.

My Darlin' and me were in the Loma Prieta earthquake. Our cats were going bazonka the day before. Now, how do you tell a cat is freaking out? Well, cats (and dogs) are creatures of habit. It's more than just the occasional pooping in your shoes. Our cats were hiding under the bed for almost a day before the earthquake. Only one of them would come out when I crackled the treats bag.

Be safe. I'm glad you have your BOB together. Something that you probably know but people often forget...... pack lots of water and hopefully a water filter. Fill up the tank in your vehicle. Not trying to rattle your cage, and I really doubt if I could if I wanted to.

Be safe.
edit on 17/4/16 by argentus because: spellin

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Our only worry is the Cascadia Subduction Zone.

That fault goes, we're toast.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Did this start before the japan quakes?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Did this start before the japan quakes?

After. It started this morning.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I read yesterday that a lake near Yellowstone has sulphur coming up and is boiling.....

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Well, maybe. It's a considerable ways offshore, and most of the EQs that I've seen are quite deep. I doubt that you feel many of them. I watch USGS all the time. Just a head's up: If you subscribe, be sure to set your notification level as "above 5.0". Otherwise, you won't be able to delete them fast enough. My own is set at above 6.0. I just want to know about the worst of things.

Of course, your fault is, what, 600 or so miles long? With several sub-faults adding into it? That has the potential for badness. I hope you're not ON the ocean.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I know it's silly but I trust my dogs more than I trust anything else.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
I just want to know about the worst of things.

Of course, your fault is, what, 600 or so miles long? With several sub-faults adding into it? That has the potential for badness. I hope you're not ON the ocean.

Yeah,, we have an ocean view.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Good for you! If you're lucky enough to be on the beach, you're lucky enough. I am also. You might choose to acquaint yourself with the tsunami warning center if you aren't already.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Im going with they felt Japan, took a bit to reach you.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I love my dogs, and I will always listen to them.

But sometimes they just have to poop.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

This is odd. A 3.2 magnitude just hit Montana. The weird part is that the depth of the earthquake was at 0.0 km aka the surface.

It'd take a serious surface explosive to cause a tremor like that. Is fracking happening here? Not totally familiar with the area so I suppose it could be from geothermal activity too as its in the ballpark of Yellowstone.

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 17-4-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Hey I get it, Id shoot you before my dog in a zombie apocalypse

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Therein lies the crux of all species in a disaster -- the need to poop. I have often wondered if we should create a giant sandbox when we are besieged by hurricanes.

That was probably too much information. NEVERmind.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

That's a cute pibble, I want to give smooches.

-----

I live in Mill Creek and babysat my lady friends dog last night, our dogs were there normal obnoxious selves all day. Haven't seen any weird animal activity except for what I imagine was a suicidal moth that flew into the garden hose spray while I was watering plants. So nice out today!

You on the peninsula OP? Love it over there. Actually thinking about taking a camping trip over there for the 4th, any recommendations?

I'm a little on edge too after recent events. Thanks for the thread.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join