It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Interpret My Dream?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I had a pretty strange dream today. I'm not sure that I buy into the whole "dream interpretation" thing, I'm not sure if dreams themselves have meanings at all.

I'm also at a point in my life where I want to believe there is a God, I just can never convince myself one way or another, which brings me to my dream.

These types of vivid dreams I get only seem to occur when I get a full nights sleep, am awake for a good few hours, then go back to sleep for a nap.

This happened today, and I had one of those vivid dreams. I was on a sort of vacation in what seemed like a typical beach community- beach houses, the beach itself, etc. the beach house I stayed at, I remember distinctly the walls were eggshell white but everything, every wall, window frame, and door had mahogany trim or finish. Appeared sort of old-fashioned.

I can't remember clearly, but I THINK people at or around the beach house had suggested something about a ghost. The beach had nothing to do with the dream, I don't even believe i went to the water, so I guess it just served as the setting, I don't know.

The thing I remember next is going to enter a room at the beach house, and I saw clear as day the obvious apparition of a young girl, maybe 8 years old, walk behind an open closet door and disappear. No windows or anything near the door, just vanished as she walked behind it. The door was already opened outward and was maybe a foot away from the wall behind it. She wore what appeared to be a Catholic school uniform, and had her medium-length hair in a ponytail. I only saw her from behind.

I'm my dream, even now as I write this, I was immediately overwhelmed with the most fulfilling joy I've EVER experienced. I knew there was something after this life. Seeing her proved it to myself in my dream.

The dream ended soon after that, didn't see her again.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
There's a crooked immature woman spying on you...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordOrobos

Ha! What??

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe1223

I have had a similar dream, with a similar feeling. In my case, the dream was of a woman I called 'Nannie', the person that raised my grandfather.

It was years after her death. I had a dream where she was in a doorway or near a door. She was bathed in an incredible, bright light. My idea was that she wanted to let me know she was still watching over me.

The feeling I had was like yours. I felt there was proof of life beyond this world. Overwhelming and joyful.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe1223

Ha! What??

Don't feed the trolls.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Ha! What??

Don't feed the trolls.

He asked for an interpretation. Spell beach another way and it's a crooked woman. Young girl is immature etc...

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

GOOSE BUMPS! I too believe "this is not all there is" and I have had damn near the very same dream but I do not think religion has any part in it. More than once. Very lucid. Different setting but same play. I can even hear her foot steps and whispers to follow. I think it is a sign to keep going, you have not yet achieved your goal in life. Maybe guardian angel giving you a nudge. Invite the dream, she will return.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I have had a similar dream, with a similar feeling. In my case, the dream was of a woman I called 'Nannie', the person that raised my grandfather.

It was years after her death. I had a dream where she was in a doorway or near a door. She was bathed in an incredible, bright light. My idea was that she wanted to let me know she was still watching over me.

The feeling I had was like yours. I felt there was proof of life beyond this world. Overwhelming and joyful.

Yes, the feeling contradicted everything I thought I'd feel if I saw a ghost. A big part of me wants to, yet another part doesn't. It's tough to describe.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Ha! What??

Don't feed the trolls.

He asked for an interpretation. Spell beach another way and it's a crooked woman. Young girl is immature etc...

I spell beach in another way and it is beech, as in the tree. He was also watching her. Not the other way around.
edit on 17-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JarSquid72

GOOSE BUMPS! I too believe "this is not all there is" and I have had damn near the very same dream but I do not think religion has any part in it. More than once. Very lucid. Different setting but same play. I can even hear her foot steps and whispers to follow. I think it is a sign to keep going, you have not yet achieved your goal in life. Maybe guardian angel giving you a nudge. Invite the dream, she will return.

I really hope I have a similar dream, or perhaps see them awake. I've been in a strange sort of haze all day from thinking about it.

I even felt selfish at one point for thinking only about myself and the way I felt, over the fact that she was a deceased 8 year old.

I DEFINITELY didn't feel any sort of religious tone to the dream, I only called her outfit a Catholic school outfit for descriptive purposes.

I believe if there is a God, he/she/it wants only for us to live good lives, all that organized religion stuff means nothing, and I was raised Roman Catholic up until college.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Do unto others... is all we really can do, ya?

Why deceased? A dream/ghost/apparition is not necessarily a dead person.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Generally, ghosts in dreams or real life are dead people.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Generally, ghosts in dreams or real life are dead people.

Yup, I never questioned that she was a ghost in the dream or when I woke up.

I saw her clearly, from the time it would take a person to walk three or four feet and disappear behind a door into nothing.

The feeling I got upon seeing her was as vivid as anything I've ever consciously felt, it was incredible. I wish I could dream like that every night. I very rarely remember them.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

ok smart ass. we were talking about a dream. Does a "ghost" in a dream have to be a real dead person?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

ok smart ass. we were talking about a dream. Does a "ghost" in a dream have to be a real dead person?

Well I definitely wasn't being a smart ass, I was simply saying it wasn't something I even had to think about, she was definitely a ghost in every sense of the word and in every sense of what I understand them to be and do.

That's actually one of the weird parts to me after I've been looking into this. Apparently when most people see ghosts in dreams it's the ghost of someone they know or have known. While I only saw her from behind, I definitely don't and haven't known any deceased female 8 year old schoolgirls.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I had a pretty strange dream today. I'm not sure that I buy into the whole "dream interpretation" thing, I'm not sure if dreams themselves have meanings at all.

I'm also at a point in my life where I want to believe there is a God, I just can never convince myself one way or another, which brings me to my dream.

These types of vivid dreams I get only seem to occur when I get a full nights sleep, am awake for a good few hours, then go back to sleep for a nap.

This happened today, and I had one of those vivid dreams. I was on a sort of vacation in what seemed like a typical beach community- beach houses, the beach itself, etc. the beach house I stayed at, I remember distinctly the walls were eggshell white but everything, every wall, window frame, and door had mahogany trim or finish. Appeared sort of old-fashioned.

I can't remember clearly, but I THINK people at or around the beach house had suggested something about a ghost. The beach had nothing to do with the dream, I don't even believe i went to the water, so I guess it just served as the setting, I don't know.

The thing I remember next is going to enter a room at the beach house, and I saw clear as day the obvious apparition of a young girl, maybe 8 years old, walk behind an open closet door and disappear. No windows or anything near the door, just vanished as she walked behind it. The door was already opened outward and was maybe a foot away from the wall behind it. She wore what appeared to be a Catholic school uniform, and had her medium-length hair in a ponytail. I only saw her from behind.

I'm my dream, even now as I write this, I was immediately overwhelmed with the most fulfilling joy I've EVER experienced. I knew there was something after this life. Seeing her proved it to myself in my dream.

The dream ended soon after that, didn't see her again.

Any thoughts?

The girl has to be symbolic of you. Can you recall anything significant around that age? Anything really good? Or anything sad happen around that time where someone relied on their faith in God to get them through?

The ocean could symbolize you having been baptized. Those baptized are as many as the ocean is vast . Water is spiritual and used in baptism. lesous Christos Theou Yios Soter in Greek means Jesus Christ, Son of God the Savior. If you take the first letter of each word in Greek, it spells ICTHYS, which is the Greek word for fish. The beach community represents the Roman Catholic Community. People suggesting a ghost was there to you in a house means deceased and/or living loved one's are praying for your return. Mahogany wood is used in making church doors and confessional booths. White is the usual color inside. The church being represented as a beach house is telling of the easy going nature of the people inside the Roman Catholic churches. As formal as they can look outside those inside are more of a big family of believers not just a "religion." That it was the showing of this to you in a dream as being a vacation, is a gentle way of telling you you've been gone too long with your extended vacation away from dialogue with your spiritual church family.

You experiencing significant joy is due to the love of God. You seeing yourself at an innocent age, where that ghost girl is gone because she's all grown up, had she believed in God and utilized the gift of prayer and it's power while growing up into who she is today, would have made it an easier journey. If she was coming out of a closet that is representative of you, being inside of you, open door, no restraints in coming out, confirming it was you. With her walking away and disappearing is you, now grown up, the girl you were long gone, a ghost. The fact that you didn't recognize her as being you because she may have looked different from behind than what you remember is symbolic to being in denial. Then again you being you have never really seen yourself from behind. That to which you didn't see her face symbolizes denial and your inability to recognize yourself.

Edit:

Now, an open closet door with her going in that direction towards it, but missing the closet and going behind the open door instead has meaning. Open door. Going in. Looking inward, missing the grand picture, going behind it. All symbolic. I still feel it's you.

edit on 17-4-2016 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: See edit above. Added info.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Edit:

Now, an open closet door with her going in that direction towards it, but missing the closet and going behind the open door instead has meaning. Open door. Going in. Looking inward, missing the grand picture, going behind it. All symbolic. I still feel it's you.

Seems like the closet is representative of a confession booth.
edit on 17-4-2016 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

A lot of what you're saying makes sense. For the record though, I'm a 30 year old man.

I can't really recall why, but I stopped going to church when I was in high school. My family went to church every Sunday when I was growing up until the time I left high school. We weren't "super religious," we were what I considered a typical middle class family.

I guess lost faith in organized religion. An organization that large is certainly open to corruption, at least in my opinion, where you start having ranks and orders and everything.

I guess I felt if there is a God, God would be "simpler" than that.

I also did not feel any religious tones to the dream. I couldn't tell if she had left the open closet itself or had already been on her way to the door when I got there. She was about 20 feet from me in the dream, clear as anything until she disappeared behind the door.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Any thoughts?

I can understand why a dream would interpret "Joy" as a recognition.

The day she enters your body will make you breathless, You will be taking deep breaths like you have just surfaced out of the water... It will be very emotionally confusing.

There is an high probability that you will fall to the floor in tears.. And you will feel so much guilt.

How you recover or act depends on your character type but generally when touched that ego is laid to bare.

If this has already happened to you or anyone else be sure that everything is okay and recognize this.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
As with interpreting any dream , the meaning of each individual highlight is personal.Everything represents something to you.You have to do some deep soul-searching and only then will you realize the answer.If I had the exact same dream chances are it would mean something entirely different to me than it would to you.
Hope this helps

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join