It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Affordable Care Act doesn't make health insurance affordable.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
At work My monthly insurance plan is $350 for me and my wife.

In 45 days I will be giving up my job and will go freelance. So I thought I could get a good deal through the ACA/Obama care. But much to my surprise it is not so.

First even if you qualify for subsidies don't get caught with your pants down. You are required to claim the subsidy as income on your tax return that in turn can mean your income you are taxed on will increase by $5,400 because that is what some of the subsidies equal in value. this could put you in a different tax bracket.

But if you don't qualify your minimum monthly cost for Insurance is $679 per month for you and your spouse that is $8148.00 a year in health insurance alone, no dental or vision. Which means I need to make $21,377 minimum a year just to scratch by with the bills paid food in the fridge and no savings.

Seem the ACA doesn't make health insurance very affordable just more expensive.

And on top of that if you don't buy it you get fined. Ain't that a kicker. Catch 22 damned if you do and damned if you don't.

edit on 16-4-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

In this day and age every civilized nation should have the same as we have in the uk, a National Health Service.
Over here everyone pays a little out of their wages, and its taken before we even see our wages.
If we get ill we go see the doc, if its a serious illness we go to the hospital, and at no time do we need to worry about money, ever!!!

ETA: ACA sounds more like a scam!

edit on 16-4-2016 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Ok I too have a problem with Obama Care.

I have insurance thru work. I just wanted to see what my monthly cost of Obama care would be.

I plugged everything in.

Came back with $592 per month.

I was shocked.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Seems we have a choice, be poor and get free substandard care or pay through the nose to get cured.

link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Here in the USA if you do not have insurance or money you cannot goto a Doctor.

Yes you can goto the ER and they cannot turn you away.

Then you get a bill for $5,000 after. Can't pay. Ok they wreck your credit.

link   
"" Affordable Care Act doesn't make health insurance affordable. ""

That's why they call it "Obama.Care"

In most cases when Obama talks, the opposite is true.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawkBut I have a friend in Ireland who had to wait six months just to get a MRI. and another friend there in London had to wait 14 months to get some needed surgery (of course it wasn't life or death just corrective.) So the UK doesn't have the model I would want to emulate.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Right!!!

I would not pay for Obama care. No way!

Then the IRS fines you. Crazy!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12My insurance went up by $100 dollars this January. No different coverage just an increase in cost.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptrWhen I had no work the only help the govt gave was for birth control. So I used the clinic $25 is all you pay unless they do tests then you get shlonged. All meds came out of your pocket and you could have fee emergency Room visit unless you could prove you made nothing.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

It's crazy and it will go up again.

I ised my insurance 2 times in two years. Just for my wellness.

Now let's talk Dental Insurance. Delta Dental. A joke.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: intrptr
Right!!!

I would not pay for Obama care. No way!

Then the IRS fines you. Crazy!

I'm in the poor house so for me its free. The free clinic is staffed with wannabes though. in my experience.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12yeah Delta cost me $625 after the $50 copay just for one crown. Now they do the cleaning for a $25 copay but don't have any problems.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: intrptrWhen I had no work the only help the govt gave was for birth control. So I used the clinic $25 is all you pay unless they do tests then you get shlonged. All meds came out of your pocket and you could have fee emergency Room visit unless you could prove you made nothing.

I wait till whatever problem I have becomes an emergency, then everything, including meds is free.

There are no choices when you don't have money to pay for insurance or treatment.

So far so good (crosses fingers behind back)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

My dentist is out of the Delta Plan. My co pay for a cleaning was $50 and delta paid the other $25.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
When Obamacare clicked in my premiums doubled. There was nothing wrong with my insurance prior. It's just that it no longer met Federal requirements. Nothing really changed. All you folks who are working and have your health care paid by your employer? Thank your lucky stars.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler That is why we are pointing out that the healthcare.gov doesn't give us affordable health care. We will pay more for less or be fined for not having health insurance.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: VoidHawkBut I have a friend in Ireland who had to wait six months just to get a MRI. and another friend there in London had to wait 14 months to get some needed surgery (of course it wasn't life or death just corrective.) So the UK doesn't have the model I would want to emulate.

The two examples you mention are not the norm. Private schemes like you have are also available here too.

So the UK doesn't have the model I would want to emulate.

Feeling ill? just go visit the doc or the hospital, get treated without any worry of cost, even the homeless guy gets the same treatment as the wealthy guy, and you wouldn't want that!!?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

My dentist is out of the Delta Plan. My co pay for a cleaning was $50 and delta paid the other $25.

I had Delta for many years through my employer. I never paid a co-pay and crowns were at 50%. When I retired Delta was going to cost me $50.00 per month. I added it up and that was about what I paid for "normal" care during a year, so it was break-even and I dumped it. I had talked to my dentist prior and he said my "crown days" were pretty much over, so it was cost-effective for me to do that. Besides, when you are not insured they give you a bit of a break because they don't have to deal with the insurance.

I gotta tell ya I love what dentistry can do. They rebuilt my teeth with "polymers" and stuff so that they are better than they ever have been. I wish the rest of medicine could do so well because these guys are just amazing.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The Affordable Care Act is not a complete lie.

It is not affordable. It does not cover all needed care.

But it is one huge act, filled with corruption.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join