It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.8 just hit Ecuador

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero
What I worrier me more is how silent the US West coast has been for a while. The hardest it's seen has been a 4.6 in the past 30 days. If you go further south there has been 5.5. But that fault line has been pretty still for a few year now.

I mentioned a couple of days ago that I think we should be looking for movement along the West coast, leading up to California. It seems logical to me that such a considerable movement in the Pacific plate would have an impact around it, and my layman's view was that we might see movement spreading along the boundary in either direction.

Shortly after saying that, we've seen three EQ's further up the West coast in Panama, Nicaragua and Mexico. This is while there is still considerable movement being seen further south in Chile.

In addition to that, there was seemingly heightened activity to the North in Alaska too.

I'm no geologist, but it seems to make sense to me that such movement in Japan, spreading through and along the rim of the Pacific plate, would lead to a travelling ripple of activity which is approaching the opposite side - California.

Like I said, I'm no geologist, but from what we've seen said about the events in Japan, I believe this was different to anything we would normally associate to a quake of that magnitude. People there reported an extremely powerful quake, and we've seen the damage it did, in a country pretty much more prepared than any other for this kind of thing. There was something about this which was very different to what we would normally associate to a quake in that region at that strength and I have no idea what it was.

Perhaps it was the angle of movement, maybe the depth, maybe the plate causing it directly rather than an off-shoot, but something caused the land to shift about 25cm, and upward too.

I hope I'm wrong, and I'm sure brighter minds are looking at this and saying it's a simplistic theory without any validity, but from my limited education on this common sense tells me there is a ripple of sympathetic movement running along the rim of the plate and it's about to reach California in the next couple of days. Depending on how sensitive faults are and how ready some might be to slip, we could see minor activity or something more dramatic.

I'm betting that over the next couple of days we'll see activity increasing along the West coast of the US, I just hope it's minor and does nothing more than relieve the pressure in that area.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I heard from a friend before the Japan and Ecuador quakes that there has been increaed activity in Yellowstone leading up to the quakes. I live in Wisconsin and at 11:30 pm, about he exact time of the Ecuador quake, I smelled burning randomly. I am also no geologist, but I thought the timing a bit too perfect for coincidence. It's a terrifying situation. I hope this isn't just the foreshocks of something much worse. I think Yellowstone isn't going to blow. volcanoes are just the earth relieving pressure, so would it be totally stupid to wonder if maybe pressure could move along the crust looking for the point of least resistance? and in this case that was Japan and Ecuador. I think that things are building up beneath the earth's surface right now. Perhaps these are only signs of the times. Scary thought. I agree with you that these don't seem like normal quakes.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

So when's the next big quake?

Seems you're all talk with nothing to back it up...

Oh until the next big quake hits that is, and then you'll pop into that thread telling us you knew it was coming....after the fact...again.

Over 400 lives lost in Ecuador...and apparently you knew it was coming, how do you live with yourself?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well yesterday there was string of 5.0+ all over. I think two or three in Japan, one in Chili and a couple more other places. Yet all that the West coast is getting is small 3.0+ quakes. Been this way for a couple years now. Lots of little quakes all over the West coast. I think the last one of measure on the West coast was a 6.0 back in 2014.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I watch these guys just about everyday. They do have an interesting perspective on earthquakes, solar storms, and gamma rays.
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I agree. I've been watching S/0's videos for several years. I think he's nailed many things; for example, the solar/earthquake connection and general area of upcoming significant quakes or storm surges.

Someone called into Clyde Lewis' (Ground Zero) radio show last night and mentioned S/0's channel.

Here's one of his websites:

Space Weather News

Replying to your comment gives me the opportunity to tell you if I could give an award to the person who, I think, has the best avatar at ATS, I would name you. It cracks me up!!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Poor people. So many of them suffering like the families of those 400+

a reply to: Chadwickus
See the vid. This time it's the closest you can get outside of Dreams And Predictions forum.
However I have seen many good guesses on this channel sometimes even with a location after surface charge anomaly a few days before it.
That's it - a higher probability based on previous data. Not all data are realtime. Solar polar field data are updated about once a month. Good enough only for a later analysis. It's rather like trading on stock market. You have some indication that oranges will go up so you buy but then you have to wait knowing it's not 100%. Your pockets may be all right with 60% chance.

IMO: A positive coronal hole is always felt. Like a masculine game changer. (not just EQ)
This positive trans-equatorial opening will face Earth and then deliver the stream in a few days with full moon in 3 days but we have been in a positive influence for some time, the shield seems rather accustomed and calm. If I took only induction heating principle in consideration my bet would be rather on the next negative opening change but it's most likely not that simple. I would keep and eye on volcanoes. Their behaviour could be informative now. They are indicating increased heat and pressure. The amount of released pressure is not so relevant on a global level. I think the deniers have only few explanations - like the movement of the plates itself but the gravitational force is not a variable. What is the explanation for simultaneous or following eruptions of non-related volcanoes anyway? The dynamics of liquids is pointing out a rise in shared pressure and something has to cause it. Eddy currents imho. Magnetic pressure doing work.

image source: gong.nso.edu...
edit on 19/4/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: shortened

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Elementalist

So when's the next big quake?

I'd put my money on May 6. Sometime within two weeks thereafter. Lunar perigee and the new moon occur on the same day. With the moon in its lowest orbit and closer to earth combined with the moon lining up with the sun's pull during new moon I'd expect fault lines that are stressed that have not released their energy to get some stress and lubrication from the moon.

And if we get a massive earth directed solar. BAM. All that solar energy getting absorbed by the earth's core causing miniscule expansion of the crust that activates stressed fault lines.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Things seem to be rather quiet today. That's a good thing isn't it?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
could it be influenced by man, or simply just nature?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
Things seem to be rather quiet today.

Prince died. I loved his music. It's far from quiet. I couldn't believe the headline when I saw it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join