It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.8 just hit Ecuador

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Ok, so what planets are we talking about here then?

Jupiter?
Mars?

Anything more than "the planets make earthquakes happen!"?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I was sitting with a guy a few hours ago and he showed me pedernales on the map and said there'd be a big quake just north of there and south of muisne then it actually happened!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Elementalist

Ignore Chadwickus it's nearly childish to believe that one thing does not effect the other.

I don't ignore ignorance, I deny it.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Ok, so what planets are we talking about here then?

Jupiter?
Mars?

Anything more than "the planets make earthquakes happen!"?

You are oblivious to what is above your head and how that affects what's below your feet.

Not my problem.

Again, deny ignorance.

I've done my research, I've related to what the ancients have depicted and talked of.

Do your own research and relaring before dismissing things with complete and utter ignorance.

Earth is relative to the other planets, they dance with their parent, such movement affects one another.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hey TrueAmerican, are your feeds working ok through your rig? I seem to be intermittently losing the seismo connections via GEE quite a bit tonight. My wifi & internet seem to be fine, nothing amiss in command prompt tracerts and pings. Just wondering if perhaps IRIS has server overload going on?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: SaturnFX

this is the part where California slides into the ocean.

Except that California won't slide into the ocean. It's "sliding" up to Washington.

... How can something as big as a continent slip and slide?

Isostatic Equilibrium
Has to do with the lithosphere (Earths upper mantle and crust) moving across the asthenosphere (the 'plastic' bouyant material underneath)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Not surprising, with all these quakes going on that IRIS is going to get hit hard for data. You're just going to have to be patient and keep trying. It will eventually speed back up, especially as it gets later in the night.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
a reply to: Nyiah

Not surprising, with all these quakes going on that IRIS is going to get hit hard for data. You're just going to have to be patient and keep trying. It will eventually speed back up, especially as it gets later in the night.

Ok, I'll have to remind myself to be patient and wait the drops out. It's not helping that Otavalo's offline, I was hoping it was up & running to watch the area.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Cool, so you should be able to predict when the next big earthquake will be then, based on the planets.

Right?

edit on 16/4/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Cool, so you should be able to predict when the next big earthquake will be then, based on the planets.

Right?

No but we can certainly predict when the next smart ass comment will come from you

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: intrptr

Sounds like a mating ritual between the states.

Is there a baby in our future?

We are hoping for another MS!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Smart arse comment?

No. Calling out BS actually.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

In my opinion reducing everything down to the sum of its smallest parts is illogical and beginning to be proven false through quantum mechanics among other developing theories.

Everything is connected.

In fact everything is the whole within itself.

The all exist within everything.

I know it's really hard to wrap your head around.
edit on 4/16/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If you recall.... the Nepal earthquake was also a 7.8 Look what it destroyed. I'm wondering if there are any nuclear power plants in Equador ?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
looks like it was shaking for at least a minute...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

What's hard to wrap my head around is people like you defending claims that earthquakes can be predicted by the movement of planets with zero evidence to back those claims up.

Elementalist claimed earthquakes can be predicted this way, even said they had a feeling last night about it, yet only after one hit did they feel the need to share their ancient knowledge in earthquake predictions.

What a guy!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Smart arse comment?

No. Calling out BS actually.

You are calling it BS based on our current understanding of how it works, our current understanding will change as new information is learned ....since we do not know the exact cause and effects of earthquakes it is possible that we will learn in the future that other planets and forces in the atmosphere do indeed affect earthquakes....

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Lol, I just realized that I forgot to explain in the OP why I said "woah. I knew it." I said that because I actually did post a warning about this "harbinger" 5.4 quake out on the east pacific rise the minute it happened- but on another forum (which shouldn't be too hard to find
)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think we all suspected there would be another large quake today or tomorrow. We were discussing this at work today, and hoping it wouldnt occur here in Cali. I have 2 giant towers only 25 feet apart. One is filled with Sodium Hydroxide, and the other is filled with 90% pure Sulfuric acid. If they fall and mix the plant will be leveled by the explosion, Ill be toast.
My old workmate lived beside highway 880 when that last big one hit. He stumbled outside, and the elevated freeway was gone, with billows of dust flying up.
We make the steel reinforcement products that go into bridges and building to make them stay together, even if the concrete begins to fail. The Bay bridge is full of my steel and my welds. Even Golden Gate is retrofitted beneath it with plenty of our high carbon steel. All we can do is prepare the best we can and hope to weather whatever nature throws at us.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

The ancients knew it apparently.

And apparently Elementalist can predict them.

It's not being a smart arse to ask for something to back up these claims.

A simple prediction based on future planetary movements is all that should be needed, right?

There's plenty of apps out there that will tell you what planet is where on any given day, the future included.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join