It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz sweeps Wyoming Republican Convention

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

That's Trump fault for not playing the game. The GOP, like the Dems, have wacky systems for each state and Cruz is the playing the game well because he has all the available resources, namely advisors telling him exactly how to win whatever states he can. Trump since day one has shown he doesn't know squat about wining the GOP race. Apparently he didn't hire the most fantastic and qualified people to advise him.

He relies on the media covering him 24/7 and that's it.
edit on 16-4-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Neocon Cheney country.

No surprise.

It's the neocons that will ultimately decide who is nominated for the GOP and it will be another neocon; not Trump or Cruz.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The only reason Cruz is in the game.... he is depending on the people who rigged the game.

edit on 16-4-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Yeah, that's exactly what I've been saying.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Right.... but Cruz has no game, he doesn't get the votes, he doesn't win people over.

It's the GOP that is playing the game, they are playing Cruz as a stooge, the butt end of a joke.

edit on 16-4-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

No vote of the people and by the people...only back room chicanery. A Pyrrhic victory for Cruz at best, and more fodder for the rigged system meme of Trump.

Concurrently, today Trump LOST a delegate (in a Georgia congressional district) because the County republican "bosses" felt the woman running as a dedicated Trump vote to the convention "would embarrass THEM" took her off the ballot and replaced her w/a Cruz delegate. There is a link off of Drudge. The Trump supporters left (waving a YUGE American flag).

So Trump WON Georgia, won that congressional district's delegate (Cruz came in third to Trump, Rubio) YET Cruz gets the delegate(s). The vote of the people is being negated.

Personally the MORE they try to stop him, the more i intend to vote for him. I judge people by their enemies as well as friends.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

Right.... but Cruz has no game, he doesn't get the votes, he doesn't win people over.

It's the GOP that is playing the game, they are playing Cruz as a stooge, the butt end of a joke.

Cruz has game. He's the GOP favorite, even if they're not happy about it, and he's been winning states like Colorado and Wyoming because he's being advised on exactly what to do while Trump is doing Trump things and failing at campaigning. NY is the next state where people will vote and Trump will dominate Cruz so that's why winning these wacky convention states are so important to him.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: MsAphrodite
Glen Beck, Dick Cheney loving Mormons.

Dick Cheney is a Mormon? I thought he was a 4D lizard.

I was referencing the people who follow Dick and Glen. They are Mormons.

Easily led.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Cruz never had a game, other than leaching off the GOP.... he's not winning anything, the GOP is giving him rigged delegates.

If they keep thinking Cruz is their man, the GOP will go into extinction.... it will be good riddance to those idiots.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
How are all these shenanigans funded? Mmmm....I guess I know why Citizens United happened now.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Here's what you're still not getting, it's not about Cruz having game. He's not some political campaign genius but what he does have is the support of the GOP who made these wacky rules and knows how to win him states like Colorado and Wyoming while Trump has no clue.

Because of his support against Trump he does indeed have game, that was given to him by the GOP.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I don't think the RNC supports Cruz in the event of a contested convention. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it. You can't humanize the guy at all. He has earned zero support from his colleagues in the senate. he doesn't appear to have a single close friendship. A lot of people will look at that kind of analysis and laugh, of course. They don't see how any of it matters. But none of them are leaders either. Ted Cruz is not a leader, because he cannot convincingly pass for one of us. I think the RNC knows this, and will try to push for a "compromise candidate" who is not Trump or Cruz come convention weekend.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Someone said it best on one of the Sunday morning news shows I have on as background noise, but actually was an interesting comment. Paraphrasing they said "Cruz won the greater majority of his delegates in states with voter-less caucuses and has made this his main strategy because he knows he can't win a one citizen, one vote process". Most people think that's how the process works, and it should in a true democracy. But we live in a republic, not a true, democracy.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

They support him, they don't like it but it's all they got. They don't want Trump so they have to take what they can get and unfortunately it's Cruz.

This is the GOPs fault for breeding these types of politicians and people who wanna be a politician.

No worries though, none of the GOP's candidates can beat either Bernie or Clinton so at the end of the day it doesn't matter who their man is because they lose regardless.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Ok, I'm confused. RUBIO received a delegate from Wyoming. Didn't he officially drop out? How is he able to gain delegates?

I looked, he dropped out, not suspended his campaign, legally he shouldn't be able to receive delegates

A Candidate can formally withdraw from the race. If that happens, their pledged delegates are automatically freed to vote their conscience. A Candidate can also just "Suspend My Active Campaign". If they do this, they are still *legally* "Running" for the office

link

Rubio drops out

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
The GOP clearly doesn't want Trump to win the nominee. I mean really, Trump didn't even receive one delegate? Sounds awfully familiar with what happened in Colorado. The GOP is cooking their own goose this election. It's all going to come back and bite them in the butt. This year's GOP convention will probably get their highest ratings ever. We might end up seeing an all out brawl on the convention floor!

I hope we see Cruz being paraded around liek those guys in somalia were when the blackhawks went down personally.

ANd id LOVE to see a outright riot with every one getting arrested(except trump lol)

remember soem men...simply want to watch the world burn mr wayne.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
As I watched Trump's last rally, he looked old and tired, watery eyes etc just not his usual self.
Adios Donald, you provided a lot of amusement. Thanks!!!

Also notice he isn't making his usual incendiary photo ops either.

edit on 17-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Wyoming was another Colorado, as was North Dakota which Cruz also cleaned up in. Where the establishment can use political tricks, Cruz wins. Where the people vote, Trump wins. That is how this election season is going.

Cruz is making a very big error in my view. Accepting the delegates is one thing, but trying to pull the wool over people's eyes about the nature of the rules and grandstanding on the victories and, frankly, gloating about them, I think he is revealing more than he intends about who he is and also tying himself closely to the establishment.

In the recent waves of polling since Colorado hit the news, Trump is surging and Cruz has either stalled or is dropping. These polls are not just on the east coast but also in the very important state of California where Trump has almost hit 50%, nearly 20 points ahead of Cruz.

Whilst Cruz is busy sucking on the establishment teat, his campaign is actually falling apart.
edit on 17/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
As I watched Trump's last rally, he looked old and tired, watery eyes etc just not his usual self.
Adios Donald, you provided a lot of amusement. Thanks!!!

Also notice he isn't making his usual incendiary photo ops either.

Latest polls:

National: Trump 45, Cruz 27
New York : Trump 54, Cruz 21
Pennsylvania : Trump 46, Cruz 26
Maryland: Trump 47, Cruz 19
California: Trump 49, Cruz 31
Connecticut: Trump 50, Cruz 17

I think Trump's campaign has changed significantly from attacks to consolidation. He seems to have shifted focus to Hillary and voting rules as opposed to attacking Cruz. He is also a lot calmer and more measured.

Cruz meanwhile cant speak without insulting or ridiculing Trump in some way and like i said above, I think his gloating about winning based on establishment rules rather than people's votes is backfiring on him.

Just my thoughts from what i am seeing online and also in the direction of the polls.

edit on 17/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Cross-quoting from another thread, because it is relevant to this topic:

originally posted by: Chickensalad
It's probablyy in response to this.

Personal Letter from Donald Trump to The American People
"Let me ask America a question: How has the “system” been working out for you and your family?

I, for one, am not interested in defending a system that for decades has served the interest of political parties at the expense of the people. Members of the club—the consultants, the pollsters, the politicians, the pundits and the special interests—grow rich and powerful while the American people grow poorer and more isolated."

The link in this thread explains exactly why the voters are furious in Colorado, and why Cruz's boasting about winning delegates is outrageous. Cruz brags about delegates who are overriding the will of the people, when he knows that he would have lost a popular vote in those states.

edit on 4/17/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join