It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese city covered in mysterious foam after earthquake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Visit link for pic

The strange foam was spotted in the southern Japanese city of Fukuoka, around 90km from the epicentre of the earthquake.

An unexplained carpet of foamy bubbles filled streets in the centre of the southern Japanese city of Fukuoka in the early hours of Saturday morning – shortly after tremors from a devastating earthquake of magnitude 7.3 shook the town.

Twitter users posted pictures of the mysterious foam, with one calling it “disgusting”.

“I saw it just after the earthquake,” said Kazuki Nabeta, who lives in the busy central district of Tenjin, where the bubbles were found.

www.independent.co.uk...

How weird. Not every day you hear of something like this. Especially as the town is 90 km away from the epicenter of bigger 7+. That's pretty far away, but a 7+ can put a serious hurtin on underground pipes. I suspect it may be some kind of ruptured industrial pipeline, but so far, no one knows for sure what caused it.

I'd be more worried about those quakes triggering Mount Aso (a huge volcano) into a big eruption.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about

“People were posting pictures on Twitter and it was near my house, so I went out to have a look,” said Mr Nabeta.

“There was a fire engine there. There wasn't anything special about it – it was normal foam.”

Whoa. My browser really did not like that link. Continual script crashes.
edit on 4/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I was thinking a variation of liquefaction until I saw the actual picture...whoa...that does look creepy. Do you know if anyone is doing some sort of chemical analysis. That sounds obvious but I think they have other priorities right now.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It's hard to phantom what these people are going through.

Ah, the above post had not posted yet. False alarm, pardon the pun. Still, rather creepy.
edit on 16-4-2016 by ClownFish because: Added last sentence

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Nothing to worry about

“People were posting pictures on Twitter and it was near my house, so I went out to have a look,” said Mr Nabeta.

“There was a fire engine there. There wasn't anything special about it – it was normal foam.”

Whoa. My browser really did not like that link. Continual script crashes.

Worked fine for me on FF.

Might this be something layed down to prevent fires?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Might this be something layed down to prevent fires?

All I am saying is
its Japan!!!

Fukushima + Foam...we know where this is gonna lead. we know!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I know I shouldn't because people have been hurt, but...LOL

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Japan has one of the worlds best sense of humor...watch their television for awhile for confirmation of that fact.
I am actually surprised there wasn't a meme already made by japanese about earthquake and/or foam monsters....and amiibo's being manufactured as we speak.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Maybe it's just me but does anyone else get the feeling that if there's a strange substance on the ground that walking through wouldn't be the best idea?
Also, just curious, whats the location on this quake with fukashima (Think I have that spelled right)?
edit on 16-4-2016 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321
Walking?
Hell. I want to roll around in it.

Well, my dog would anyway. He rolls in everything.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Walking?

LOL. I'm just curious what that is.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Mine too. I fear the day they find a dead skunk.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
I walk my dog on the beach. Really, really smelly stuff shows up on beaches.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I can imagine. Dead fish, jellyfish, rotten seaweed. It must be nice.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

A dog's heaven of smells. How do you keep him walking? My dog would stop and smell every dead fish on the beach!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
yes, it's perfume to them.......man.....that foam is thick

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Japan has one of the worlds best sense of humor

Is that why many of their city names start with FUKU ?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Walking?

Not so sure that'd be a good idea there, unless you want your rump roasted.

Reports are now coming in like this, from another forum about this foam:

Here in Munakata earthquake tremors are occuring every hour. There is fear of a greater quake which will destroy the city. All over the streets and fields there is a strange white foam which burned my leg and that of my sister.

It is hell here and we are thinking of leaving with our parents.

Now "burned my leg" could indeed mean industrial chemicals... But it could also possibly mean sulfur of some kind mixing with something down below. Down deep and coming up...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

It is raw, untreated sewage. A chemical reaction makes the foam. There was similar in Bangalore not long ago, but just because they were dumping raw sewage into a river. In this case it is probably broken sewage pipes.

This is not snow

edit on 16-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It is raw, untreated sewage. A chemical reaction makes the foam. There was similar in Bangalore not long ago, but just because they were dumping raw sewage into a river. In this case it is probably broken sewage pipes.

This is not snow

Yuck!!

Having witnessed a group of kids swimming in raw sewage (NOT RECOMMENDED) without any noticeable affect on their health such as burning skin, I wonder if this foam in Japan is the same as that in the picture you posted.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Check out this load of foam that came up inland off the seas in Queensland a few years back, you get an idea how thick it is if you wait until the 21 second mark, prepare to be slightly shocked!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join