It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London has Fallen, who made this up?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
OK, was bored and left the wife to watch Casualty on the TV while i went to our cinema to watch London has Fallen.

Positives, great action movie, that's it

Negatives, Many if you take your head out of Hollywood's ass!

1, AIr Force One lands at Stanstead?
2, The Met are compromised
3, The SAS take direct orders from this armed weird guy who could be anyone
4, the Bad Guy is from someone who has been affected by the "War on Terrorism"
5, SAM's deployed by terrorist all over London?
6, LOL

Really? i saw the same #e in "Independence Day" when the RAF signed off as cowards, just before Will took actions into his own hands!

Disappointed, good action movie though

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I didn't like it as much as 'Olympus Has Fallen', but it was at least a good action movie. You're right.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I got diverted to Stansted once, when I was meant to be landing in Bristol.

After a a wrangle with our luggage, we had to race to get to the coach to Bristol Airport. The coach went past my home almost, but the driver was on strict instructions, apparently.
edit on 16/4/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

was bored and left the wife to watch Casualty on the TV while i went to our cinema

whos say's romance is dead?

well you said it yourself, action movie, the plot is irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I have that one to watch, perhaps i'll wait until the Olympics

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Romance, long dead sir ....... she thinks she's a medical expert ......... even if I mutter a comment it's daggers

I kid you not

Hi Cinema ........ what you playing tonight LOL

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor
a reply to: reldra

I have that one to watch, perhaps i'll wait until the Olympics

lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Bummer, i live close to Bristol but fkn have to fly from Stansted all the time. Never seen AF1 in all my life

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Obama is coming to the UK next week and AF1 IS (probably) landing at Stansted hrmm!
the support ospreys are already at RAF Mildenhall

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 16/4/16 by ShayneJUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

Ya recon? perhaps AF2 as a decoy

AF1 will land at an RAF or USAF base not a commercial base, perhaps i have been watching too many movies LOL
edit on 2016-04-16T18:16:41-05:002016Sat, 16 Apr 2016 18:16:41 -0500bSaturday1604America/Chicago166 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Bummer, i live close to Bristol but fkn have to fly from Stansted all the time. Never seen AF1 in all my life

Obama landed at Bristol and was driven from there to the NATO summit which was being held in Wales.

No way did he come in on AF1, it's far too big to land there.

edit on 16/4/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Obama landed at Bristol and drive form there to the NATO summit which was being held in Wales.

No way did he come in on AF1, it's far too big to land there.

747's can land at Bristol, and i saw all the armed police swarming every flyover of the M4 at least a week prior to that visit

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

AF1 to Brize Norton and helo to cardiff that time

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

1, AIr Force One lands at Stanstead?

It would make it, barely. Stanstead's runway is 10,003 feet. A 747 could land in less than 7,000 feet. Take off regulations say 10,500 feet is required, but in an emergency, as this no doubt was, the 747 could do it. So it's not scientifically inaccurate.

Bristol's runway is 6500 feet. I'm really surprised they would let Air Force One land there. Everything depends on weight and temperature. Colder air equals better lift (Density altitude), so on a cold day you need less space because the airplane performs better. On a warm day it takes forever to get off the ground.
edit on 4/16/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShayneJUK

AF1 to Brize Norton and helo to cardiff that time

Brize, i remember that, thanks for the clarification

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Its a movie .......... exactly why i poo pooh'd it, don't go technical for Hollywood's sake

edit on 2016-04-16T18:26:30-05:002016Sat, 16 Apr 2016 18:26:30 -0500bSaturday2604America/Chicago166 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

Its a movie .......... exactly why i poo pooh'd it, don't go technical for Hollywood's sake

Then I don't understand. It is technically quite possible to land a 747 at that particular airport. Given that fact, why call it out as something impossible or questionable? Why "poo pooh" it if it's quite possible to accomplish? You're reasoning doesn't make any sense. If the movie tried to depict a 747 landing at an airport with a 3,000 foot runaway, calling it out would be appropriate because that could not happen in real life.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
London bridge is fallin downnn fallin downn fallin downn

London bridge is fallin down... my.. fair... lady

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Pffft

Its a wonder you wimpyBritish havent falling already!

You already had ypo have us save you twice from the Germans.

WIth no gun its only a matter of time before the terrorits take london!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I saw the movie and I usually don't go for explosion movies. I loved the special effects visuals since I come from the days of cheezy cardboard sets. That is one of my joys in seeing digital movies on big screens.

As for the hero, you gotta have only one or two main characters, (or a group acting as one) otherwise there is no focus. You gotta keep it simple also. Our hero was joined by a female from the British side that seemed to know the how business. I figured the Land Rover to be the toughest character in the movie, shot a million times and still working!

I was struck by noticing that one of the principle makers of the movie had a...excuse me, a middle eastern type of name. And then in the movie, we were given a very definite reason why London was attacked. Very curious.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join