It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The riddle at the gates with 2 Angels - the Question?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

yes but in God's mathematics, does 1 + 1= 2?

One can only lie and one can only tell the truth. Everyone is in God's favor, even the sinners. "Am I in God's favor?" Truth Angel: Yes False Angel: No

Some mild sinners would assume they are going to heaven, some mobsters (because of Catholic confessions) believe all they do is forgiven because some guy behind confessional says so. We all know that isn't true, that this man isn't qualified (as a human being) to wave away salvation as such.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life..... thus Jesus paid the price for your salvation..... thus no matter the question or the gate, you would be led by Devine authority to the presence of the lord God. The white Throne of God would negate the presence of any thing but righteousness. It matters not what you ask, or which gate you choose, Divine intervention would lead you to the right path and to the presence of the Lord.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

quote]originally posted by: Plotus
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life..... thus Jesus paid the price for your salvation..... thus no matter the question or the gate, you would be led by Devine authority to the presence of the lord God. The white Throne of God would negate the presence of any thing but righteousness. It matters not what you ask, or which gate you choose, Divine intervention would lead you to the right path and to the presence of the Lord.

Thank you Poltus, that is what I thought. "I am starting to think there is NO answer, no matter how hard I try to reason.

Perhaps we don't have a choice and we would know when we got there if He has chosen us, not the other way around.

Maybe intellect and reason have nothing to do with it? "

but, I still come up with an question a day and find out within minutes that it is the wrong question.

edit on 18-4-2016 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Ask them something about yourself that is truth.. Then you'd know who is lying.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquidfire666

but perhaps the devil has inside info - thanks to new technology, NSA etc etc. Or he (minions) always watches you, somehow, waiting to pounce when you are tempted?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dianashay

So you are just going to ignore that your riddle was solved by the first responder to your thread?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I would ask "Who do I truly love?" But even then, the answer could be both true and false at the same time, so I could not guess the identity of the angel.

I like the 'Does 1=1?'' answer. As a programmer, I use "where 1=1" frequently, in order to plug in various test 'and' clauses. 'Where 1=1' always equales true in programming logic.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

No, I agreed with that post in my second post. "Thank you Poltus, that is what I thought. "I am starting to think there is NO answer, no matter how hard I try to reason.

Perhaps we don't have a choice and we would know when we got there if He has chosen us, not the other way around.

Maybe intellect and reason have nothing to do with it? "

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
"what have I got in my pocket?"

It worked for Bilbo

But seriously, if you can only ask one of the angels one question, and from that need to determine which is lying and which tells the truth, you ask Angel A "does Angel B tell the truth?"

If Angel A says, "yes" then he must be lying. Because they cannot both tell the truth.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

That is a good one Andy, thank you. A real thinker. hmmmm.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The post was made by Swanne and you did not concur with him, you even keep saying that you think that there is no answer, even though the riddle was solved in the first response to your thread.

You seem confused.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

But seriously, if you can only ask one of the angels one question, and from that need to determine which is lying and which tells the truth, you ask Angel A "does Angel B tell the truth?" If Angel A says, "yes" then he must be lying. Because they cannot both tell the truth.

No....

If you ask "does Angel B tell the truth" and he does, the answer from the lying angel would be "no".

If you ask the truthfull angel "does angel A tell the truth" the answer would be "no" too, so this does not get you anywhere.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

No it isn't.

I don't think you understand your own riddle, cause again, only one correct answer was given and you still haven't acknowledged it.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I didn't invent the riddle. I asked if anyone had any reasonable answers that could
potentially be a means to an end. I don't know the answer.

If you believe that one answer is right and the only answer then feel free to think that, or find a conclusion of your own
to contribute.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Wow, what is wrong with you? One correct answer was given which you refuse to acknowledge even up to this point, while giving compliments to answers that clearly are not correct.

A bit annoying really.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Are you ok?

Annoyed yet still not contributing to answering the question. Sorry you feel that way. Maybe you should find something else less annoying.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianashay

Are you ok?

Annoyed yet still not contributing to answering the question. Sorry you feel that way. Maybe you should find something else less annoying.

He's annoyed because Swanne gave you a valid answer and you ignored it.

An easier question would be "Does God exist".

I don't think that needs to be explained.
edit on 5/1/2016 by Kukri because: modified my question to avoid ambiguity.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is the same riddle from the movie Labyrinth...

edit on 83105bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 01 May 2016 20:05:47 -05003116 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Annoyed yet still not contributing to answering the question.

Annoying still, still not acknowledging that your question was answered, 2nd post in your thread.

Maybe you will accept the answer in form of the YT vid posted above.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
Maybe you will accept the answer in form of the YT vid posted above.

I think that would actually confuse things more as at the end of the scene when she goes through the 'safe' door, she appears to fall to her death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join