It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The riddle at the gates with 2 Angels - the Question?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I heard a riddle a few years back in which at the time of judgement you meet two Angels.

One can only lie, one can only tell the truth. You don't know which is which.

You can ask only one question, the same question to both and hope you get into heaven via their response to the question.

Every time I think I have the right question, it turns out that I can be deceived every damn time.

What do you believe is a sure-footed question to ensure your salvation? Is there a few simple questions to ask? Does anyone have this answer or
there is no requirement because we won't have the choice to ask but are chosen before death anyways? It just seems whatever you ask, there is a counter answer that has 'potential' to be from the liar.

*Discount any questions that ask 'is God good? in your favour? etc etc, because the liar angel can lie and say 'yes', and on and on.

Anyone?

edit on 16-4-2016 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dianashay

You ask only one of the angels the following:

"If I were to ask the other angels as to which door leads to my salvation, what door would he point? "

Then you choose the opposite door.

If the angel lies, he'd say that the honest angel would point the wrong door - so by choosing the opposite door you choose the correct door.

If the angel says the truth, he'd say that the lying angel would point at the wrong door. Once again, by choosing the other door you'd be choosing right.

edit on 16-4-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

If one always tells the truth and the other always lies then just ask them if they're an angel. The one that says no is lieing.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You ask only one of the angels the following: "If I were to ask the other angels as to which door leads to my salvation, what door would he point? "
a reply to: swanne

yes, but the evil angel will lie, they would point opposite ways or the same.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

yes, but again, the evil angel would lie. same or different responses in which you are left to decide, possibility of going to hell is still 50%. Awful changes.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Have edited my post, I hit post too quick, I wasn't done writing my reply!

Read again.

edit on 16-4-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianashay
a reply to: TerryDon79

yes, but again, the evil angel would lie. same or different responses in which you are left to decide, possibility of going to hell is still 50%. Awful changes.

Of course the evil angel would lie and say it's not an angel. But your stipulation is is they're both Angels.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

If the angel lies, he'd say that the honest angel would point the wrong door - so by choosing the opposite door you choose the correct door.

No, that couldn't work either, your forgot the one only truth, one a liar rule.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I am starting to think there is NO answer, no matter how hard I try to reason.

Perhaps we don't have a choice and we would know when we got there if He has chosen us, not the other way around.

Maybe intellect and reason have nothing to do with it?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If you have the Spirit of Yahushua in your soul you would not even have to ask the question.

This is because being in such close proximity to Heaven itself, the Lord's Spirit will naturally vaporize the liar before any words leave their fork tongue.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianashay

No, that couldn't work either, your forgot the one only truth, one a liar rule.

No I didn't. Think about it carefully.

The lying angel always point to the wrong door.

The honest angel always point to the right door.

Since the lying angel points to the wrong door, the honest angel will tell you the truth: that the other (lying) angel would point at the wrong door.

Since the honest angel points at the right door, the lying angel will tell you a lie: that the other (honest) angel would point at the wrong door.

By choosing the opposite you get the right door, in both instances.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You could ask them something you know the answer to, like 'Do you have eyes?'
The liar, who can only lie, will say 'no' but you'll see that it does have eyes (if angels have eyes).

Maybe?

Not sure how that question would get you into heaven though.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Sure this True Angel, and False Angel at the gate, is an adaptation/ or rip off of the Village of Liars and Truth tellers, and not a bibical/spiritual test of sorts to decide who going to party with the angels, while the wrong side will have a serious case of gonorrhea for all eternity by getting it wrong.

If the lying angel can only lie, then asking it if its an angel(not asking if its a rising or fallen one), and if it admits that it is one, would be telling the truth so it would have to say no, and since it can't tell the truth it won't say it is one. But if you ask the truth telling angel that its a demon, it will say it not, that it an angel.
edit on 16-4-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Every time I think I have the right question, it turns out that I can be deceived every damn time.

Simple.

"Are you a slug?"

The one that answers yes, is the liar.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Swanne has the answer, the smarty pants...

but then I always lie (or is it lay?)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'd ask what's the point of this to the both of them then id turn around and head out.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
One can only lie and one can only tell the truth.

Everyone is in God's favor, even the sinners.

"Am I in God's favor?"

Truth Angel: Yes
False Angel: No

?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Don't ask for permission, just go on in.

BTW- Swanne has a valid answer
edit on 16-4-2016 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The question I would ask would be... What is 1 + 1?

Problem solved.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
"Do You think God will let Me in or is SHE upset with Me and I have to do another re-boot"?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join