It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mozambique E190 crashed deliberately

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah, I understood you were referring to the new and much more capable Auto GCAS.

I was just giving you a rib over the phrasing you used, nothing more.

For any who don't already know AGCS works...

Ground Collision Avoidance System ‘Saves’ First F-16 In Syria

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Drunkenparrot

It is an interesting question if TFR would work though. I don't think it would in these cases due to the descent rates and power available.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Doesnt matter what fancy and expensive safety systemp you put unto place, if the pilot or flight engineer or first officer locks himself into the cockpit, he will be able to vring the airplane down, even if he has to trip every circuit breaker on the flight deck. You cannot protect an aircraft against the person in the cockpit whose intention is to crash it.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
so, one pilot was locked out is that right.....hate that....tfr not really reliable.....as I told the pilots on the board in the air force....I could shake the computer and it would give different readings

edit on 16-4-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ah!, so that's where Andreas Lubitz go his idea from

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Zaphod58
the autopilot set to an altitude below ground level.

This seems like a big bug that should have never existed. Auto-pilot should have safety walls built into it, like not setting a negative altitude.

Autopilots don't know what the ground level is. Ground level at the Mexico City airport is 7343' MSL. At the Bar Yehuda Airfield in Isreal, ground level is 1240 below MSL. So if autopilots were as you wish they would be unusable below the highest "ground level" on earth, which would eliminate coupled approaches, which are much safer than raw data hand flown approaches, would be impossible.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
While some may consider it a minor software upgrade the FAA would not.
Plus then you would have to certify all on board radars to be compatible with the auto pilot systems.
How many brands of radar systems ? How many models within each brand ?
How many auto pilots brands ? How many models ?

Once a radar manufacturer knows his system has a direct input to the control of the plane his liability goes up and so does his price.
Anyone in electronics knows that the final output transistor (inside an IC) can fail.
There would than be a 50/50 chance that the system would give the exact opposite output needed.
So the plane could be flying normally until the radar says terrain ahead. It could then give down elevator.
Bad ju ju.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join