It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endlessly imprisoned by lifes circumstances

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I was thinking about something this morning. How most everyone is imprisoned to one or more of life's circumstances for their entire lives.

Like ur always bound up by something. Be that your: job, marriage, health, beliefs, religion, weath, poverty, government, time, country, responsibilities etc etc.

Literally from birth to death. Rarely does one ever have enough areas handled to enjoy any ongoing freedom in life. And most go on not even realizing how entrapped they are.

Like myself I was thinking for a moment that from age 1 to 4 I was free in life, but even that's not true. At that age I was still under my parents rules. From age 5 on it was public schools jobs and every other typical snare.

Like come August I finally will have a bit of freedom to go do some things. However now I'm between jobs so financially I'm trapped by poverty again. And I'll have to start working eventually.

The point is that it seems we'll never be fully free in life. Like it's just nuts. Can't we ever be free to live our dreams without something or someone holding us back???

What do u think??

edit on 16-4-2016 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

I was actually thinking just the same thing the other day, how free are you?

I am relativley free in some ways but am still bound by responsibilities and this can be quite depressing at times.

There was a time in my life when I was far less constricted but that bought issues of it's own.

Interesting thread.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Very true.The answer is to find the happiness you can in your cell. At least some cells have wi-fi and a nice exercise yard

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I'm really don't want to have to settle for that. I just want to be free for once in life. Why is that so hard.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The point is that it seems we'll never be fully free in life. Like it's just nuts. Can't we ever be free to live our dreams without something or someone holding us back??

You could try going off grid or 'homeless' for a while. Just walk away from your current life, dress warm, find a bridge others are living under and figure out how they survive.

Guaranteed you'll develop a whole other perspective.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

You're never going to break any ties with the restrains that are life.

You'll ALWAYS be bound by something. Be it food, water, oxygen, somewhere to sleep and so on.

It's called life. Live it. Enjoy the good parts when you can and shrug off the bad parts when they're gone.

Good luck in your endeavours.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Everybody builds their own prison regardless of where they are in this reality. The prison is always individual and has the maximum occupancy of 1. Other prisons may be similar to your own, but they are always unique.

To believe you are not fully in control of your reality/prison/heaven is to refuse self accountability and self responsibility.

That belief may be appear to be comforting but because it is false, will cause pain and anguish in life.

A person is always the master of their own destiny. A person always has free will.
edit on 16-4-2016 by ClovenSky because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What screws us up most in life is the picture of how it's supposed to be.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
What screws us up most in life is the picture of how it's supposed to be.

This.

I read a study that purposed people born before the 70s were a lot happier in adulthood because they were told as children that the world owed them nothing and anything they wanted to accomplish was going to be HARD work. The children who were told they could do anything in life and were given participation trophies are now paying for those illusions. I think it is always better to be truthful about this existence instead of living in a fantasy.
edit on 16-4-2016 by ClovenSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I don't know Lavatance..idk why it has to be so hard. But you know,you can easily drive yourself crazy if you don't accept your lot in life. Believe me,you can drive yourself into suicidal depression,seething fury and bitterness,alcohol abuse,substance abuse, resentment,hostility-and in doing so,miss out on so many good days. Or what could have been fairly good days if one didn't spoil it for oneself and one's nearest+dearest because of bitterness,resentment and pent-up anger and frustration.It is a monumental self-sabotage,to add to what seems like wilful sabotage of one's whole life by forces majeure.

Take it from someone who has had a really Truman-show type life,and still does-if there is Nothing you can change about your circumstances-you Can still change your attitude towards your circumstances and lot in life.

Many people think that if they had more money,they could do more,go places,do things-and while that is true-bear in mind this anecdote: I have a friend,an American woman,who is financially well off,and could easily have travelled all over-had it not been for crippling genetic disease.The disease also caused her to decide to not have children,in case a child inherited her misery.So she does not have that love and comfort either.And she is often sickly and in pain,battered and bruised because she often falls down when trying to walk around-and you know this woman has such a young,girlish spirit,she is so tough and brave,that she is a profound inspiration to me. She just does the best she can each day,around her lot in life.

I take it like this: I have a husband who financially supports me+the kids,and does his best for me us. He does not get a big salary,and often we are very broke for the last week of every month. He keeps trying to find a better job,with better pay,but although he has an excellent reputation in his trade,he just can Not find another job elsewhere,for some strange reason.He has been sending his impressive CV far and wide for Years now but never even gets an interview. There's the obstacle of affirmative action in my country and he's white,But still that only goes so far as an obstacle. It just Mystifies us how someone as excellently capable and qualified as him,and with such an excellent reputation in his field, and numerous contacts and friends in his field,could in all these years not even get One Measly Interview.

So we try to manage on his salary,although it's difficult,but we NEVER have to go to bed hungry,we can afford most of the time healthy fresh produce,and the kids can have chocolate/ice cream or crisps at least twice a week.We have wifi and 2 pc's,my daughter has a laptop and my son has a PS3 and many games. We live in South Africa,out in the African Bush,away from much pollution,in a fairly safe place. The nature here is beautiful,i often see zebras,apes and sometimes antelopes by the fenceline,lots of birdlife here,and we have 4 dogs and 8 cats because we love animals.Once a month we can go to the provincial capital and have a meal at our fave seafood restaurant,and watch a movie or just dawdle around in the mall,if we're looking for something specific.The water here is The best in South Africa,immensely delicious,it is from a natural aquifer,there is none of the disgusting chemical-cocktail taste of town and city municipal water.In fact i am now addicted to water,not even halfway joking,i drink Liters a day,it is Wonderful.

Thing is,my husband Hates his job,he hates it so badly,the people he works for are the most disgusting people you could ever hope to meet,and they make his life a misery every day at work. But because he cannot find anything else no matter how hard he tries,he has just Had to hack this for 13 years,every single weekday,sometimes overtime on weekends when they have problems at work - there's no option,and he has to Keep on hacking it for the foreseeable future. So he too tries to find what happiness he can after working hours.Or some contentment at least.We can never afford family holidays,and because of previous financial catastrophes we cannot get a credit card to help us through the last rough week of every month.My daughter would have loved to have gone to university,she is very bright,but we cannot afford it,in my country everything is about 10 times as expensive as anywhere else in the world-for locals anyway. For tourists our Mickey Mouse currency makes the exchange rate very favorable but for locals the price of almost everything is a nightmare. Which is why we could never save up for our gal to go to uni.Which is why most people who live comfy,more exciting lives,do so on credit-otherwise they too would have been stuck at home all the time,unable to go anywhere or do anything.

BUT one HAS to look for the good in one's life,you know? And usually there is Some,if you look for it. Sometimes more than one would at first realise,Especially when compared with some friends and aquaintances,even some wealthier people. I have listed my "good" here,as an example.

Also,try to find a hobby or a pastime that you Really love-it doesn't have to cost much. Because we can never really go anywhere,except once a month.we have the pc's and wifi connection,and i do have much creativity,so i have taught myself to become quite an ok digital artist,and i enjoy it tremendously,creating digital art. I also love photography too,i cannot afford a really good camera,in my country the really good ones cost between 20-40 000 bucks,but i do my best with my lil Canon Powershot.Before that i did painting,made cat ornaments,beads from clay and handpainted them,some pewterwork,African doll figurines etc. Creating stuff makes one forget about much problems and unhappiness in one's life,it really and truly does,believe me. Just find your own "good" and concentrate on That-it is all one can do,Lavatrance.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Ya but they're not free. They're enslaved by poverty. I want free time and free money to just travel the world and not have to worry about a thing! Now that would be cool

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

A beautiful life story with the underlying sense of perseverance.

Even if it was not directed my way, thank you.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Agreed. The sad reality is people aren't taught or don't realize that we're very much in a dog eat dog world. Right now ur like an animal in the African Savannah. U might be a deer or A lion or a vulture. Or something else. But its survival of the fittest more often than not. Sad to say.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Ya very true

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

But if everyone had similar morals/values and adhered to them, would the world be a boring place? Wouldn't it be better to corrupt your reality to believe that the honest person is more noble BECAUSE there are a lot of corrupt people in this world, but they still have honor despite being surrounded by these thieves?

In the previous story from Raxoxane, it seems her husband is surrounded by dishonest people but he continues to operate with honor. IMHO, that makes him stand out as an example of a very strong character. He could possibly have more material things if he stooped to the level of his coworkers, but he didn't.
edit on 16-4-2016 by ClovenSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Humanity lives the most sedentary life we have ever led.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think about this often.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think it depends on your definition of freedom, you`re as free as you want to be.if you want all the trappings of the capitalist system ,you`ll never be free. I`ll leave you with this quote;
"I can assure you that once you no longer need the lessons in your life that unpleasant events offer you, you will no longer have these events"

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If only I could return to being a ravenous beast.

top topics

join