It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
# or get off the pot.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This would just get the American people all the more fired up to vote for Trump.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The saudis are real scared now,that Trump guy that might get elected as president has them scared as well as the fact that america is now the number 2 oil exporter in the world.The saudis are scared that they no longer can use oil to hold the america by the balls, and then theres the threat of Trump getting elected.The #z getting real now.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Please re-read the entire article. They're threatening to sell off their assets here before they get frozen. It's not just Treasury bonds.

I read it. If it's NOT treasury bonds it's just business as usual. Saudi can sell all of the US businesses they want. Someone will buy them. Saudi owns about hmmm ZERO in US treasury bonds. You know, the things that China and Japan own trillions of. Saudi has absolutely zero influence in global markets other than oil. And guess what, they aren't the big boys in that aspect they used to be either.

the sentiment is not against Saudi Arabia

Yes it is.

Than what are you complaining about? I literally said it was a smart move to sell off assets before they get frozen. I didn't say anything about treasury bonds except in response to you.

And who cares if they have "influence in global markets instead of oil"? You're making points "against" me that I don't care about and never mentioned.

And just because you say "Yes it is" doesn't change the fact that government and business leaders from each "side" of the spectrum still support them. It's like you're forgetting a thing called "political pandering", where politicians will pretend to take a stand on something simply to rile up their constituents. Because that's all that's happening right now.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
There is a long way to go on this topic, but I want to jump in with a thought.

Current administration has been accused of siding with Iran or Shiite interests. I wonder if US foreign policy has taken a long term view of this issue and considered....the fact that these issues with KoSA will come to a head eventually, and there's an inevitability to the redacted docs surfacing in one form or another.

I post only so much on ATS, but a search will reveal how much I follow this subject, which is quite a bit. I just read the CBS news article on Bin Laden's flights out of the country. I thought it was later shown that their family flights were in fact later, after normal airspace was open. Surely diplomats from many countries exercized their special freedom to travel from the USA, not just Saudis..., right? Does anyone know the "truth"?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: RedSparrow47

No.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
It's almost like 9/11 2.0

The release of the docs will likely draw out another layer of armed conflicts in the ME, boom, more arms profits.

Lots of us think in terms of 9/11 = NYC WTC, with the Pentagon being an afterthought.

Well, in that case it's kind of hard to overlook an attack on notorious military target as anything short of an act of war by KoSA against the USoA.

There is also likely to be some dirt on the Bush administration in regards to this mess too. Who knows where this could go..?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
well he is but the saudis were behind it he was just one of the first to talk about it

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
we don't need there oil and if they did do this they would cause economic chaos to themselves not us. because if they did then they would be exposed as the source of 90 percebnt of the terrorist organizations on planet earth .

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck
because we were lead to believe iraq was somehow to blame so we took out the country thereby removing a major competitor in oil sales and a rival that was against the super strict saudi version of islam.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

You say we don't need their oil, but who is we that you refer to? 7.45 million barrels oil are imported to the US every day.

It's the corporations that want and need their oil and it is the corporations that keep the politicians in their pockets.

Eliminate the need for so much oil and at that point the ME will become irrelevant to the US as the warring countries in Africa.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
In all seriousness, Saudi Arabia doesn't realize that it's not in control of this situation. America is. They've intentionally tried to crash oil production inside the United States and now they are trying to tell America how America's money will be used against them. Considering that our oil purchases allow them to exist as a nation who otherwise would only be a nomadic country, i think they need to stop talking and start worrying about how they will support their own country when America slowly begins to exit the major oil market.

They are desperate and this is the reaction of someone who fears something. If they have nothing to hide then they wouldn't need to react to this. Lucky for them our courts actually review real evidence and make somewhat reasonable judgments based on facts. I can see how they'd freak out over 9/11 court cases because they are used to a corrupt court system that beheads people for the smallest of falsely leveled infractions.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeonsi agree if it was released to public that it was the saudis goverment who did this the bush and his cronies should be lined up and dealt with after a swift trial of course and obama and his cronies should get jail time for with holding it followed immediately by an all out campaign to oust the goverment of saudi arabia i am sure we could get russia on board with this and probably iran and isreal too.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Here it is->

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiateno it was saudis plus they also had a telephon to raise money for the breve 19 martyrs families. if i remember right it was 25 million but it disappeared from news outlets in a few days time why because gov wanted to protect saudi friends

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
This is such old news. I am so tired of going back and around in circles fixing things from the last guy. Too little and too late and some desparate attempt at smoke and mirrors this election cycle.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

No I get it. What better way to make the ousting of Saddam more official than to generate a super action figure.

I still remember the picture of Rumsfeld and Saddam shaking hands after the sell of the nuclear reactor.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Seems that someone else is finger pointing about who did what...and why. Came across this article about Farrakhan's remarks TUS....

"Minister Louis Farrakhan told an audience at Tennessee State University that the federal government purposely deceived the American public on the tragic events of 9/11 and sought to use the attacks to start a war with the Middle East.

The 82-year-old Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam, drew a few thousand spectators Saturday night to see his keynote speech for the Black United Summit International Leadership Conference.

He spent a large portion of his more than one-hour of remarks focusing on his mantra of “BUSIness is warfare” — the main theme of his speech and the two-day conference designed to foster leadership among students at historically black colleges and universities.

He also unpacked his theory that Al-Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden were not responsible for the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001 in New York and Washington. D.C — and that the U.S. government set out to exploit the event.

“The whole idea of the government was to give America a reason to go to war because war is profitable,” Farrakhan said, later adding: "It's the truth that's going to set us free, not the lies of a deceptive government. The government is Satan."

Farrakhan has made similar 9/11 conspiracy theories in previous speeches.

He told the crowd Saturday that the airplanes that crashed into the World Trade Center did not have had enough fuel to ignite the flame to melt the steel beams of the skyscrapers. He said the towers fell “in its own footprint,” which he said meant their falls couldn’t be as a result of the planes. He also said the pilots from the Middle East lacked the flight training to pull off the 9/11 attacks.

He claimed 2,500 scientists disagree with “the government’s claim that it was some Arabs that did that."

“They wanted regime change in Libya, in Syria, in Somalia," he said of the government. "And once this 9/11 hit, the American people are fired up. ‘These Muslims did this.’ So, the hatred for Muslim and Islam began to rise. But what you don’t know is what you see over there is a response to America’s wicked foreign colonizing — which most of you don’t know anything about. You don’t study world events. Your mind is on pot, and smoking joints and having sex!”

He also raised the killing of Osama Bin Laden, arguing that the government had a chance to "extract the so-called ‘secrets’ of Al-Qaeda" if they had simply captured him.

“Why did they kill him? Because then they could tell you he was the mastermind of the fall of the Twin Towers."

Saturday's speech, held at TSU's Kean Hall Gymnasium, was guarded heavily by security from the Nation of Islam. About three-fourths of the grandstands were full and floor seating was completely filled."

Cheers

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
this would create a nasty precedent for the US. Imagine if every family member of a person murdered by a US drone strike sued the US

these people are in a soverign nation, and are killed with no trial

that would be interesting indeed

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: StallionDuck

You should educate yourself before labelling others as ignorant.

All of the groups I listed have clearly stated their main goal is the caliphate.

You might want to start your apocalyptic islam education with this article from the Atlantic.

What ISIS Really Wants

www.theatlantic.com...

Islamic State is no mere collection of psychopaths. It is a religious group with carefully considered beliefs, among them that it is a key agent of the coming apocalypse. Here’s what that means for its strategy—and for how to stop it.

That's funny, because as I understand it and from it being said many times, they're doing it for the "crimes" against their people by the US and other countries. They're not doing it to simply make God come down. Some sects believe that their actions do this but it isn't the spark that started the fire. It's the expected outcome but not the source.

Oh yeah... I'm pretty well educated. Also, I've never labeled anyone as ignorant. The thought might be but I never accused you as being ignorant. I guess it would take some intelligence to realize that, however....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join