It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It's simple, who has the most to gain by perpetual non-stop war.

Those in certain circles ensure there is constant conflict worldwide. Attacking America was a bold but brilliant move. Do you know how many trillions of dollars have been made from that?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Honestly, it's a smart business move. Here's the 3rd paragraph of the 1st article in the OP:

Adel al-Jubeir, the Saudi foreign minister, delivered the kingdom’s message personally last month during a trip to Washington, telling lawmakers that Saudi Arabia would be forced to sell up to $750 billion in treasury securities and other assets in the United States before they could be in danger of being frozen by American courts.

They're literally saying they'd reclaim their assets before US courts froze them. It would be naive to think a company or sovereign wealth fund wouldn't preemptively do this in order to secure its own assets. Or to put it another way, I can guarantee you Iran wishes it had done this before the West froze billions of dollars worth of assets along with its sanctions.

Now, it would be different if specific people like Prince Bandar were saying this. He's one of the major powerbrokers who controls a lot of Wahhabi rebel groups throughout the war. He's also allegedly the guy behind the chemical weapon attack that was designed to force Pres. Obama's hand in Syria (rememebr his infamous "red line" in Syria?). It's individuals like him and his numerous assets throughout the West that need to be targeted, not the kingdom itself.

Also, I think it's a bit ridiculous to get outraged over this, but not the fact that they own so many resources here in the first place. Or to be more direct, how many of these officials have a problem accepting Saudi money for weapons deals, real estate deals, and direct investments? Western manufacturers crave their business and Western militaries prop up the entire GCC. If our countries' leaders really thought they were responsible for 9/11, they would've done something by now. Instead, both Repubs and Dems have sucked up to them, including officials with access to the most classified information.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

um no. SA doesn't have a significant amount of US treasury bonds, what they have is aged US military equipment. Here's a link to what foreign nation own US debt and how much. SA isn't on the list.

If SA decides to get crazy and stop being the USA's lapdog, they will be worse off than any middle eastern country within the next decade. The US only destabilizes enemies. "Friends" like SA are kept simply because they benefit the US. Going to war with SA would be the easiest congressionally passed war declaration in modern US history. The sentiment in the US is already against SA, so it wouldn't be like convincing the masses with the Iraq/Afghanistan wars. I don't know a single American that doesn't agree with intervention in SA.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
On the eve before a state visit from the President of the country you're threatening.

President Obama should cancel the visit, immediately, and freeze all Saudi Arabian assets in the United States, stop all diplomatic contact, withdraw ambassadors, and declare Saudi Arabia a threat to the National Security of the United States.

The USA is producing enough oil right now that it doesn't need Saudi oil, and can purchase any it does need from Canada, who would be thrilled to ramp up to full production again.

President Obama should also lean on US allies such as Canada and UK to immediately stop all arms sales to Saudi Arabia.

The Saudis are basically trying to blackmail Congress into doing what they want, it's unheard of in international politics for a foreign Government to try and influence the bills being passed by another Government. There should be consequences for these threats.

Stick it to the Saudi's, Mr. President. You're leaving office anyway so shouldn't care of the consequences, and it's well overdue. Likely this would be the biggest legacy you could ever hope to leave.

edit on 16-4-2016 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I don't think the whole Saudi government is involved, but rogue royal members are, and that hits very close to home for the Saudi's, it is likely that rogue elements deep within some black ops CIA style cell collaborated with these rogue royals for a compartmentalized operation, the Saudis might not even know the full extent of the OP until it happened, then they were like "OH !@#$" get us out of here ASAP on 9/11.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

SA's government is nothing like ours. There is no compartment's to it, it is the house of saud, and all positions are granted by the house of saud. If there is a rogue compartment in that house, the ENTIRE house is corrupt.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

um no. SA doesn't have a significant amount of US treasury bonds, what they have is aged US military equipment. Here's a link to what foreign nation own US debt and how much. SA isn't on the list.

If SA decides to get crazy and stop being the USA's lapdog, they will be worse off than any middle eastern country within the next decade. The US only destabilizes enemies. "Friends" like SA are kept simply because they benefit the US. Going to war with SA would be the easiest congressionally passed war declaration in modern US history. The sentiment in the US is already against SA, so it wouldn't be like convincing the masses with the Iraq/Afghanistan wars. I don't know a single American that doesn't agree with intervention in SA.

Please re-read the entire article. They're threatening to sell off their assets here before they get frozen. It's not just Treasury bonds.

And sorry but nope, the sentiment is not against Saudi Arabia. Maybe the people you know feel like that, but those people aren't in office, now are they? Because both of the major US political parties are staunch Saudi & GCC allies at the top levels (for example, Prince Bandar is called Bandar Bush because of his close ties to the Bush administration). The same goes for our military leaders and intelligence agencies. And that's the same, whether we're talking about the US, the UK, or many other Western governments. In fact, here's an article from yesterday about a $15 billion sale from Canada to Saudi Arabia.

The Liberal government continued to defend Canada's $15-billion sale of light-armoured vehicles to Saudi Arabia as "a matter of principle," just as a new report highlighting the U.S government's concerns with widespread human rights violations in the kingdom was released this week.
www.cbc.ca...

EDIT TO ADD: Oh yeah, you might not know this one. Saudi Arabia is now the 3rd largest military spender behind only the US and China.
edit on 16-4-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Listen. I hate stupid people. When I see stupid things I get all in a tizzy so please forgive me for saying,

You know what's funny, just not funny haha?

Your average Saudi citizen would say they're secular in nature.

You know what else is funny? Ask any Jew in Israel about Judaism versus Islam, you know what they say? They're secular in nature. ....

That's how I know you are full of #.

edit on 16-4-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia trying to punk out America. America better not give in.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
So many jumping to conclusions here. This report is just another trick up their sleeves to devide the truth movement even further.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: luthier

Listen. I hate stupid people. When I see stupid things I get all in a tizzy so please forgive me for saying,

You know what's funny, just not funny haha?

Your average Saudi citizen would say they're secular in nature.

You know what else is funny? Ask any Jew in Israel about Judaism versus Islam, you know what they say? They're secular in nature. ....

That's how I know you are full of #.

I know your full of # because you have never travelled to a place where the people are definitely not secular. No most Saudis are not secular. Your absolutley ignorant to reality.

This has nothing to do with Islam. This is nasty wahibis.

Like I said Jordan, Syria hell Lebanon Turkey Indonesia they all have normal moderate people. Saudis actually are mostly barabaric. It's not just the government. The citizens themselves are brutal.

I guess you would rather be ignorant and believe everybody is good.

Maybe look up some amnesty, human. Rights watch or anything that has to do with Saudi culture. Better yet get on a plane and get back to me.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Not just Eddie.

My memory and/or conditioning of just how awesome America was as a child stemmed from Desert Storm. So let us not forget Storm'in Norman Shwartscoff!

....didn't they make a baseball card and action figure of him?

If it wasn't for him and that war. Bah, the manipulation wreaks and gets tiresome. Not unlike the current presidential elections.

You missed the point, the whole thing was a scam. Saddam was set up to by the US to be dethroned over time (setting the stage), while allowing others in the MIC (and politicians) to make tons of money. The CIA stroked him and the State Department rubber stamped the weapons deals. The weapons moved from the US and Europe under a French flag and were transported to South Africa during a weapons embargo. They went from South Africa after the addition of G5 cannons to Iraq. The deal was inked at the Oliphants Game Farm in Kruger National Park and to make sure everyone knew who was signing the deal and that it was legit, you might want to look at the US Ambassadors and a couple of South African government ministers as well as a joint French/Israeli weapons company ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to blame Saudi Arabia when those in the know know 9/11 was funded and orchestrated by the British and Canadian governments?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I hope The Donald builds a water-boarding wall around their asses!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

George Soros!!! He needs a dirt nap.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
How can the US allow its self to be held to black mail?

This is why I want someone like Trump in the white house. This kind of sh1t wouldn't stand 1 minute.

If Saudi had of said this to President Trump, he'd of posted the documents on his twitter account the second he got home.

I dont give a toss about the repercussions, I want the truth.. the warts and all truth and once the truth is out let the chips fall

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Please re-read the entire article. They're threatening to sell off their assets here before they get frozen. It's not just Treasury bonds.

I read it. If it's NOT treasury bonds it's just business as usual. Saudi can sell all of the US businesses they want. Someone will buy them. Saudi owns about hmmm ZERO in US treasury bonds. You know, the things that China and Japan own trillions of. Saudi has absolutely zero influence in global markets other than oil. And guess what, they aren't the big boys in that aspect they used to be either.

the sentiment is not against Saudi Arabia

Yes it is.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Congress isn't going to do anything without Israeli and London approval, so better ask them what they think.

It appears for a very long time that things have followed a script, can't see that changing anytime soon, UNLESS..................

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

It's funny how American federal courts somehow always blame 9/11 on Iran. Iran. That's right, Iran.

Now look at SA getting scared if they are at all implicated. And look at that weak president protecting them!

Boo Obama!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

It's funny how American federal courts somehow always blame 9/11 on Iran. Iran. That's right, Iran.

It's seriously like they played blindfolded darts with a map of the middle east to determine who did it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join