It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA about to enter the Yemeni Conflict?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

It may be the next target of the bombing campaign that seems to go on forever.....
How many sorties have we flown against the poor, the downtrodden, the hungry, the children....
Sure sure we bag a few Awlakis and sundry Jihadis here and there....
But by and large I think its the innocent, that bear the brunt of such overwhelming use of force to fight nomadic tribesmen and loot thirsty third world zealots....

I have no idea of the ratio I don't do the bomb damage assessments,
But I can see the carnage in the beleaguered civilian "hospitals" the thousand yard stares in the faces of the children, and old folks.....
Now they are talking going into Yemen to bomb Alquaida.....
The war machine, the Military Industrial Complex....runs on a river of blood fueled by human misery....

The United States is considering a request from the United Arab Emirates for military support to assist a new offensive in Yemen against al-Qaeda's most dangerous affiliate, U.S. officials tell Reuters.

A U.S.-backed military push by the Gulf ally could allow the administration of President Barack Obama to help strike a fresh blow against a group that has plotted to down U.S. airliners and claimed responsibility for last year's attacks on the office of Charlie Hebdo magazine in Paris.

Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) has exploited the chaos of Yemen's year-old civil war to become more powerful than any time in its history, and now controls a swathe of the country.

edit on 16-4-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

It wouldn't suprise me. The war machine keeps turning and turning. Your country has millions of homeless, millions without medical care, and millions of people in prisons. But there's always money for the military. Funny how that works.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Canada is selling a billion or more in weapons to Saudi Arabia right this week.....
Canadas hands are bloody enough....
You can probably still watch some Canuck sniper blow the crap out of some Taliban at over a mile away or whatever....world record they say....
That Highway of Heroes is also the Street of the Damned ....If you get my drift....
And im not so sure the F15s ever did make it home yet did they?
Oh Canada, has its own slice of the pie smeared on the lips its conscience my friend from the land of the giant icicle...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I doubt the US would become militarily involved. Maybe Russia?

Of the two sides in this repetitive Muslim versus Muslim conflict, Russia is on the opposing side through support for Iran who (surprise, surprise) is supporting the Yemen Revolutionary Committee comprising the Houthi militias, who are of the Shia denomination of Islam.

The US will not get involved in yet another manifestation of the Muslim hobby of killing each other.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

If US enters on behalf of their Saudi brothers

Once again US military industrial complex will be on wrong side of history

They are so gone to the dark side that at this point I would be Astonished if they did something good

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
How about they take all their oil money and buy their own damn planes and bombs.
Leave us out of it.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
The US was hitting Al quida targets in Yemen for years before the civil war. It suspend them during the worst of the conflict but, if the target is Al quida then yes the US will be operational in Yemen again.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

The UAE has asked for U.S. help on medical evacuation and combat search and rescue as part of a broad request for American air power, intelligence and logistics support, the U.S. officials said.

So the UAE is requesting the same thing the Saudi's did when they started their campaign in Yemen. You seemed to have left out that very important fact while trying once again to blame the US for something it has not done.

An Iranian cargo vessel was boarded and seized by the US navy for attempting to deliver weapons / rockets / etc to the Iranian backed terrorists in Yemen.

Is it really that difficult to present all the facts? You seem to go out of your way to post articles while omitting key info / ignoring it outright if it doesn't jive with the angle you are pushing.

If Russia, Iran, Syria, China and you are so confident your position is right then why do you guys intentionally twist information?

Also I will point out the countries involved in Yemen are their at the request of Yemen's government in addition to UN security council resolutions. Interesting you guys invoke that for Russia in Syria while you intentionally ignore the same in Yemen.
edit on 16-4-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
We should invade them and the entire ME! Sort this mess out for good!

Subject these barbarians, kill the terrorists and take the oil as payment!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Americanpatriot123

I think we tried that in Iraq and Afghanistan....

How did that work out?
edit on 16-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Just who d you think you are talking to?
You must be so involved in sitting around jumping in to defend US aggression all over the world you've lost sight of reality......and you sure as hell don't speak for me....get a grip X lets not go there with the accusations of who I may or may not support....
I think its pretty clear I don't support bombing the Shiite out of little brown people everywhere...anywhere theres a chance at stealing natural resources....or national wealth....
Its pretty obvious the US is thrashing around to support a failed economic model....
And so is Russia....

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Look, it's quite simple and straightforwards...just close your eyes, cover your ears, shut your mouth and think of the tax dollars being generated and not the Human beings being destroyed.

Better?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Just hand me another blue pill,....ill be much better soon.....

We were running a drone war over Yemen for a long while , Death from above....
But it couldn't have been too effective considering the Al qaidas are stronger than ever....over there...
Do you think possibly that the Houthis might have a real right to revolt....?They have been peaceably complaining for much longer than they have been shooting....nobody heard...
Its good enough for the US to enshrine that right to its own citizens, but the rest of the empire nuh uh....
By the way....
Will the REAL Yemeni government please stand up?
Aparently they were so unpopular they fled the country....
If I government has to flee to next door to survive its citizens anger...what legitimacy is that?
Whats going on in Yemen is their own affair and let them settle it...
The Houthis pretty much won till the" big brothers" all jumped in...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
a reply to: MysterX

Just hand me another blue pill,....ill be much better soon.....

We were running a drone war over Yemen for a long while , Death from above....
But it couldn't have been too effective considering the Al qaidas are stronger than ever....over there...
Do you think possibly that the Houthis might have a real right to revolt....?They have been peaceably complaining for much longer than they have been shooting....nobody heard...
Its good enough for the US to enshrine that right to its own citizens, but the rest of the empire nuh uh....
By the way....
Will the REAL Yemeni government please stand up?
Aparently they were so unpopular they fled the country....
If I government has to flee to next door to survive its citizens anger...what legitimacy is that?
Whats going on in Yemen is their own affair and let them settle it...
The Houthis pretty much won till the" big brothers" all jumped in...

The Houthi's have been shooting since 2004 they were formed in 1994. So they have been shooting for longer than they were peacefully complaining. And as military conquest is part of their doctrine to spread their beliefs the peaceful part was just the building up forces part with help from Iran. Where they go their anti American and Jewish beliefs as well. And you seem to give Iran a pass for being the first ones involved and thus bringing in other powers.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Just who d you think you are talking to?

Someone who knows nothing about the topic. Your posts and the corrections others point out bears that out.

I am sorry if the facts you ignored dont support what you are trying to sell.
edit on 16-4-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
What are you saying here ...you are an expert...?
The Houthis are being played by bigger interests but that doesn't change the social political stress on them which set them on this path.......
Are you telling me they have no right to revolt? Every people have a right to seek redress for grievances whatever way they choose...
or
Just those who are approved by the hegemony can do that.....

The fact that there are foriegn influeneces doesn't preclude the roots....
I get the impression that alls fair only when the hegemony wins...
otherwise
bomb the # out of em....and send in the drones....

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

The Houthis are Iranian terrorists. Why do you ignore that? Further what does the US have to do with Yemen? We arent engaged their and provide logistical support / S&R / Intelligence.

Iran is violating UN Security Council Resolutions by providing arms to their terrorist groups in Yemen. The The Houthis are violating the UN Resolution by continuing their terrorist acts. When China supports said resolution and Russia abstains instead of vetoing one has to wonder just how far off the sanity path you have wondered.

Nothing in the op supports the claims you are trying to make. So what is your reason for distorting your own source?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Americanpatriot123

I think we tried that in Iraq and Afghanistan....

How did that work out?

Because we didnt have the gloves off! We fought with our hands tied due to the Librals!

We should have carpet bombed Iraq. Sent troops in with a kill first policy.

WE ARE THE US #ING A!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I seem to recall Yemen was two countries not long ago.....
The Houthis are rebels supported by Iran
ISIS are rebels supported by....USA
Its ok for the US to play that game but not Iran?
You seem to think it an unnatural act for Iran to support their fellow Shia.... when they are oppressed by Sunnis...
Especially against the Saudis who have worked long and hard with the US to make sure Iran stays an outcast.....
And Yemen stays under the Wahabist Sunni umbrella...
The very Fact the ME is rife with foreign interference of some magnitude by every "stupor power" and has been since ww1 seems to escape you.....
Your blind patriotic swallowing of the US line doesn't become you X....
The simple fact is that they aren't always right or intelligent....

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Americanpatriot123

Oh yeah blame it on the liberals. Maybe you should have never been in Iraq in the first place. But no in your opinion America should be out there turning other countries into rubble.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join