It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Georgia educators about to paddle young child delivers terrible message:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I attended school where corporal punishment was used. I didn't act up, never got paddled. My brother did, a few times. He was a trouble maker, and he survived without being scarred for life (and at fairly young age). My kids attend school where paddling is a punishment. They also have never experienced it, because they behave.

That being said, the parents also have the option to opt out of allowing their child to be paddled. It's never a situation of "we get to beat your kid!"

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Here is the simple truth, stated as a matter of fact:

Corporeal punishment is done for the benefit of those enacting it, not the child. Either because in some twisted way they derive enjoyment from it, or because they believed it's a good way of teaching someone and felt the pleasurable sting of enacting justice.

There are other methods to teach that do not involve needlessly inflicting physical harm. Both more kind, and more effective.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Mr. Heilman.
I hope you die slow and it hurts.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
No one needs to paddle a kid. You have to be smarter than the kid in order to bring them up nice and lovely WITHOUT the need to beat them.
Psychology though isn't something busy parents think about, and so it is so easy to go straight to a spanking rather than loving the kid and setting them straight with other methods of discipline.

Parents get angry at their kids often and anger is not an emotion conducive to being able to figure out what to do without the need for a paddling.

Imagine if in boot camp they beat the crap outta recruits how that would work out. Those instructors have learned how to use psychology and non violent means of changing attitudes, to turn out good respectable people.

If strangers can do that with grownup kids, then parents can surly do it with their own little ones. But of course not all parents care that much sometimes.

I never had to spank my daughter, and all I get by her teachers is what a kind and sweet girl she is, a real joy to have in class is what they say..

edit: If any teacher or principle ever hit my girl, they would taken from that school on a gurney.
edit on 17-4-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Naabaahii

There are few freedoms left to the common man.

The freedom to have, and utter an opinion is one of them, a freedom which I need not ask permission to partake of, and which no one can take from me. If you believe that my geographical location has any bearing on my sincerity, or the validity of what I write here, then you are as free to think so, as I am to hold forth regardless of your opinion of me. Have a beautiful day.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Geez, did half you guys miss childhood or what? So a boy spit on someone(s), call in SWAT my god. My friend Sam did that when we were about 9 (not 5!) and his mom made him sit and spit into a bowl until he filled it up to the line. It was a hilariously terrible punishment and took all day and he never spit on anybody again.

Comparing it to adulthood behaviors is ridiculous, the kid was FIVE.

When a small child acts out the only reason to treat it with violence is when the nervous-system trauma you create is worth it because it may literally protect their lives -- such as not running into the street for example. Those situations are SUPER RARE. AND it's important to note -- this should be done with a hand. The guardian's hand. If it's too hard for their hand it's too hard for the kid.

If it isn't that bad a situation there's a huge spectrum of other possible ways to discipline.

And nobody should be allowed to punish a kid except a parent IMO unless they are staying with family and parents have made clear to them and to kid that transfer of authority.

But it has to be PROMPT. Once the kid is older -- maybe 8 or so -- some delay is ok but before that, if they act out the discipline should happen within minutes so there is a clear correlation in their head between their behavior experience and their punishment experience.

RC

edit on 18-4-2016 by RedCairo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Simply unbelievable... this is quite a good display on how people are incapable of working with, bringing up, educating children.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join