It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Says its Wage Hikes Are Improving Service

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Bedlam

Once again your using a position that has been repeatedly proven to be false.

It absolutely has not been proven false. In fact, your every statement proves it to be true. If you don't have any marketable skill, nor talent, nor motivation, you will be paid less than those that do.

QED.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: onequestion

Get your heads out of the books and into reality where real people who aren't kids HAVE to work these jobs because of the limited supply of opportunity due to globalization and technology.

I heard you. It's Marx.
"To each according to his need."

Another comment from Phage that's completely nonsensical and totally besides he point of the conversationz

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Another comment from Phage that's completely nonsensical and totally besides he point of the conversationz

Only if you can't read what you, yourself have written.

link   

Who said anything being handed to you?

My position is that every human has value regardless of what you think of their skills...

They may have value, but not all labor has the same value.

And therefore, if your labor has minimal value, you will make a minimal income.

link   

Yeah so what does what you just said have tondo with people who work hard completing a job getting a decent enough cut of the profit of the value they create to survive on?

Survival is a minim requirement and if the business cannot sustain without requiring slave labor it's a bad business model and one we need to let die so something else can take its place.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Who said all labor has the same value?

In still waiting for the quote from the last time you said that.

How many times are you going to repeat yourself your still going to be wrong it doesn't matter how many times you say it.

link   

Survival is a minim requirement and if the business cannot sustain without requiring slave labor it's a bad business model and one we need to let die so something else can take its place.

But then where will you get your McNuggets?

But you're right. When a business becomes unprofitable because of the market (us) it goes away.

link   

Yeah so what does what you just said have tondo with people who work hard ...

It's got everything to do with it. If you bust rocks or do pavement, you will not be paid a lot. Because anyone can do that.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

You. And Marx.

If you put down linoleum, I'm sure you go home tired. But I could do that.

Not everyone can do carpentry. Or plumbing. Or physics. Your work earns its wage.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I'm talking about establishing minumum standards of what we're willing to accept as a bottom.

Your just harping on how skilled you think a job is without a full analysis of the state of the economy.

I want to live in a country where people who work aren't barely existing in total poverty while providing me with a service that i regularly enjoy.

What would i do without clothing stores staffed by people who need food to eat and a roof over their head.

We should have and need minimal standards in this country that gaurtenees that people who work can live.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

You. And Marx.

If you put down linoleum, I'm sure you go home tired. But I could do that.

Not everyone can do carpentry. Or plumbing. Or physics. Your work earns its wage.

But you haven't provided a quote as an example of me seeing that because you can't.

Your putting words in my mouth again Ted Cruz

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I'm talking about establishing minumum standards of what we're willing to accept as a bottom.

Your just harping on how skilled you think a job is without a full analysis of the state of the economy.

I want to live in a country where people who work aren't barely existing in total poverty while providing me with a service that i regularly enjoy.

What would i do without clothing stores staffed by people who need food to eat and a roof over their head.

We should have and need minimal standards in this country that gaurtenees that people who work can live.

You never heard of online shops then?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Good try at deflection but my point is clear.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Good try at deflection but my point is clear.

Actually, your point is flawed.

Why pay someone more than the "skill" is worth?

If the wage goes up to a point that the product is no longer making a profit then that product will either stop existing or exist through another means.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I'm not answering that again as I've already done it fifty times.

Your idea of value is what's flawed. You don't value people you dehumanizes someone's contribution by basing their value only on their skill and not the service they provide you.

It's a fundamental flaw in how we manage economy and your dehumanizations of tens of millions of people is gross.

There are more variables involved in worth than just simply skillset and no matter how many times you guys say otherwise it is absolutely true.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

You don't value people you dehumanizes someone's contribution by basing their value only on their skill and not the service they provide you.
If you are paying for that service, you certainly do base the value of that person's work on it.

And stop trying to conflate the value of a person to the value of their work.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I'm not answering that again as I've already done it fifty times.

Your idea of value is what's flawed. You don't value people you dehumanizes someone's contribution by basing their value only on their skill and not the service they provide you.

It's a fundamental flaw in how we manage economy and your dehumanizations of tens of millions of people is gross.

There are more variables involved in worth than just simply skillset and no matter how many times you guys say otherwise it is absolutely true.

you're the one equating job skills to human worth. That's not the case.

Job skills and jobs in general have no bearing on what a human life is worth. The only thing to factor is is how much that job is worth paying.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm not conflating anything.

You guys seem to not understand that I am fundamentally disagreeing with your idea of value and that somehow constantly repeating he same thing over and over is going to change that

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I'm equating human worth to time which is a valuable asset to the individual and I'm assigning a value to the service they provide.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

And the service they provide is based on skill.

If it is an unskilled service the monetary worth of the job is low.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join