It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Says its Wage Hikes Are Improving Service

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: TerryDon79

The burger flipping and cashier jobs are not skilled the value is in the service they provide.

Stop it with the bull# already.

Customer service isn't a skill either. You either do it or you don't. If you do, you keep your job, if you don't you get shown the door.

That's goes for EVERY job.

link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

The burger flipping and cashier jobs are not skilled the value is in the service they provide.

Which you are going to discover can be done by a 32 bit computer, for nothing.

So what's your point?

Should we take the people who no longer are required for those jobs and kill them because they are useless skilless dirtbags?

link   
a reply to: onequestion

Exactly. Now, how much profit is made on each burger?
A burger is cheap. It is not high value. The people that make burgers are not producing a high value product.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I totally disagree.

Customer service is a skill. It's about understanding people's needs and helping them get a desired result.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Exactly. Now, how much profit is made on each burger?
A burger is cheap. It is not high value. The people that make burgers are not producing a high value product.

Once again you are dehumanizing these people.
edit on 4/16/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I totally disagree.

Customer service is a skill. It's about understanding people's needs and helping them get a desired result.

Is it hell.

I worked in both BK and McDs. The "skill" is smiling, pushing the right buttons and asking predetermined questions.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Once you again you are dehumanizing these people.

Bull#.
I said that they do not produce a high value product. It has nothing to do with their worth as humans.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

See this is what you people don't get.

Remove all these jobs and you will understand the true value of the service they provide.

Especially when you have to go hunt for your own meat and clean and cook the animal yourself.

You misunderstand the value your getting because you've become spoiled and coddled to the point that you take everything around you for granted.

If these people weren't doing those jobs our society would cease to exist and I'm more than willing to bet that you enjoy living in America.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Should we take the people who no longer are required for those jobs and kill them because they are useless skilless dirtbags?

One would hope that they can discover their value as human beings with some talent that is beyond burger flipping.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Once again you are dehumanizing these people.

I'd say "accurately determining their economic value" rather than dehumanizing.

They've already done that to themselves by their own choices in life.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Your desire for yourself is being project onto others.

Other people have different goals and live life and experience different things and want different things for themselves.

You should respect that and get out of your ivory tower.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Especially when you have to go hunt for your own meat and clean and cook the animal yourself.

You misunderstand the value your getting because you've become spoiled and coddled to the point that you take everything around you for granted.

I'm actually pretty talented at that as well. Try again.

edit on 16-4-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Your nobody to judge others.

Stop dehumanizing people because you think your better than them.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

We aren't talking about ranchers though, are we? We aren't talking about slaughterhouse workers though, are we?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Other people have different goals and live life and experience different things and want different things for themselves.

If your goal is to be a burger flipper, that's also consonant with being broke and making minimum wage. You can't want that and be a CEO at the same time.

link   

Oh yea I'm sure you grow all your own food make all your own cloths source all the material yourself kill all the animals you eat and everything.

None of those things you take for granted all delivered and made possible for you by useless # eaters who don't deserve the pot they have to piss on.

link   

Your nobody to judge others.

Stop dehumanizing people because you think your better than them.

If they have the goal to be a paper deliverer or burger flipper, then they should be longing for a low wage. Because it's not worth a lot.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Oh yea I'm sure you grow all your own food make all your own cloths source all the material yourself kill all the animals you eat and everything.

None of those things you take for granted all delivered and made possible for you by useless # eaters who don't deserve the pot they have to piss on.

Most of them make better than minimum wage. The guys doing hay bale stacking might not, because that's not an adult job.

It's hard, and you'll be really tired at the end of the day, but it's not wiring a house.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

We aren't talking about ranchers though, are we? We aren't talking about slaughterhouse workers though, are we?

Oh yeah how's the rancher going to stay in business if the support industry he's raising the cattle for doesn't exist?

Do you think you can seriously remove the millions of people doing these jobs and everything will be fine?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Oh yeah how's the rancher going to stay in business if the support industry he's raising the cattle for doesn't exist?

Do you think you can seriously remove the millions of people doing these jobs and everything will be fine?

I tossed hay for a year or two. I didn't expect to make a wage off of it that would support buying a house and getting married.

The rancher is doing ok, or he's making mistakes.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join