It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am the 1%........!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

im a worrier as well I am trying to get better but I live now in a warm area which homeless flock to and in a county known for meth production so i think my worries are valid

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Doc ... you better find out what wearing a 1% tattoo symbolizes. LOL

I linked it right before your post... ^^^^^^^

Well, you little winner, you!!

Yep. I'm a wiener... Wait....

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

In my youth and childhood, TV had come out...in black and white, and you had to raise a tall outdoor tv antena, stand on one foot and face east just to get a crappy image. NBC came in the strongest, CBS, ABC only when the wind blew just right.

Playing outdoors in the river catchin tadpoles, making grass forts, making sliltz out of reminent wood scraps....no worries of abduction or molestation. No "stranger danger".

Yep, I was a 1% er too.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Your part of the one percent that is crazy enough to get a one percent tatoo?

Congrats.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I lived for awhile right near Belton Lake, in a ratty trailer park. Mom and I didn't have much, but damn if that wasn't the best years of my life (2 of them). I'd come home from school, grab my fishing gear and head to the lake. Usually i'd come home around dark, sometimes I'd just camp. Mom ould swing by and check on me, but otherwise, i lived on the shore of Lake Belton. In the mornings i'd get up, clean my fish, put them in the freezer, and go to school.

Sometimes we'd get someone who owned a houseboat to take us out on a ride. A few times we'd have a picnic or something. We were good kids, and the adults all knew us and liked us. I caught a black bass that was about half an oz off the state record at the time. Sold it to the marina for bait (they gave me free bait for a month, so i didn't have to dig up my own worms, and used minnows)

We moved to Coahoma, TX. A small town in west texas. No lake (or any water), but i kept living a good, country life. Hunting, cowboy type stuff, and running wiild.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Im in nor cal. We had a black and white TV with a antanae on the roof.Our neighbor had a TV that had a remote control. It worked by striking small tuning forks inside, by sound. We got three channels 3, 13 and 10. At the end of my block was farmland, and I could hear the caterpillar tracks squeaking as they plowed the fields. Our front door stayed unlocked all day, as were the cars. My pops was a chemist, and microbiologiust, and director of research for a fortune 500 company, but they skrimped and saved and hid the money. Not one percenters but dad made 40 grand in the sixties, and that was alot. I used to take a washcloth and a salt shaker and walk down the block and sit in the tomato fields and eat tomatos to my hearts content. We all rode sting ray bikes with banana seats, and later on we rode Taco 22 minibikes for miles around the delta waterways. We carried bb guns, and later 410 shotguns and nobody was worried, not even cops. They would wave at us. they sold cigarettes in machines for 35 cents a pack at the gas station. The coke machine had bottles that would release horizontally when you put your money in, probably 20 cents. We used to take cups, and bottle openers and go there after dark and pop open the bottles and fill out cups
. My buddy made a film on 8 mm or super 8 with me and my buddy starring in it as toy soldiers. They played it at the film festival. I smelled cigar smoke, and turned around and Bob Wilkens was sitting right behind me watching our movie. My grand parents and cousins lived in DeKalb Illinois, and I spent many summers there. I think they lived on first street, a couple blocks down was a White Castle Hamburger place. I used to walk down to white castle with my cousins to eat french fries, and Cindy Crawford would be in there sometimes. She was a cute lil #, but much younger them me. I was more interested in my girlfriend across the street from my Grams house. Thats who I got my first french kiss from. Just being from California stood out there and made me a novelty.I took my unicycle on the plane, and it was if people had never seen one there Yep, those were the days

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

You are rich, sir; there's no doubt about that. We should all be one percenters.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
A friend and his mates considered themselves bikers and knew all about the 1%.

One night they were all the worse for wear and my friend passed out.

He awoke the next day to discover that his friends had given him a rather snazzy biker tattoo on his upper arm.

Unfortunately for him they were all a bunch of illiterates who had spent too much time skiving off school.

This is the tattoo he has gone through life with:

1'

Just make sure your tattooist knows what they're doing

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Oh I believe you are 1%

You sound like 1%

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

That is one way to eschew the old adage "I am not a number!"

Could be ill advised though. Like impersonating a federal agent, except the consequences would be extra judicial.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
Just kidding, but seriously.....

Me and my brother were reminiscing last night after I drunk called him, and we came to the conclusion that we are gonna get a 1% Tattoo. We came to this conclusion due to the fact of are old experiences we had in our small mountainous town, and then we started comparing it to kids growing up these days and realized we had a pretty good childhood compared to alot of people from urban areas, and not only that, electronics and internet and cell phones were in there beginning phases, for instance no kid had a mobile phone, only a few big shot adults did, and internet was only had by the kids that had rich parents.

So a lot of are time was spent outside playing and exploring the surrounding mountains, also parents back then didn't live in fear of child abductors and rapists, we just had to let a parent know were we were going(even though we didnt go their sometimes) and the parents just kept in touch and had a standing rule be in when the street lights come on eat dinner and go from there, we were even allowed to go on camping trips at age 12 or so with no adult supervision as long as they knew our camp site.

It seems like the world has changed so drastically due to tech and media advancements not alot of people get to experience this kind of life, so we dubbed ourselfs the 1%

What say you ATS does anyone else notice these things? Or am I delusional,(probably the latter I drink alot)

Dude, I drink a lot too. You're totally not delusional!

I agree with you. I think you may be slightly older than me (I grew up when tech was near the beginning, but by pre-teenage years people had Motorola Razrs and that was the beginning of the mobile phone dependence age. I think that my generation was probably the last to have an uninterrupted childhood. Our adolescence was bombarded with technology, and although it has it perks, I sometimes despise it.

Awesome reason for getting that tattoo. Totally share a pic when it's done!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: elevatedone

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: Bybyots

some of most hillbilyish people I know come from my town in Norcal

Ahem... it's Appalachian American, not hillbilly

Nope. It really is HillBilly . From one that knows.
Georgia born and Georgia bred , and when I pass....just Georgia dead.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I'm trying to decide if I am a 3%er or a .33%er, I fall into 3 different 1% groups described in replies to your post.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ChloeTTR

i feel like this is a slight......
(insert futurama meme here)
but not really sure......

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

to clarify hillbilly is not a term used much in norcal the regional slang is hick, but it all boils down to the same thing

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

if what u say is true you wouldn't be posting here, i call bs

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

If you are 30, or older, you might think this is hilarious! When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning.... Uphill... Barefoot... BOTH ways… yadda, yadda, yadda And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it! But now that I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia! And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good you've got it! I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have the Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalog!! There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen! Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox, and it would take like a week to get there! Stamps were 10 cents! Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our BUTTS! Nowhere was safe! There were no MP3's or Napsters or iTunes! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the record store and shoplift it yourself! Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio, and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished, and then the tape would come undone rendering it useless. Cause, hey, that's how we rolled, Baby! Dig? We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called, they got a busy signal, that's it! There weren't any freakin' cell phones either. If you left the house, you just didn't make a damn call or receive one. You actually had to be out of touch with your "friends". OH MY GOD !!! Think of the horror... not being in touch with someone 24/7!!! And then there's TEXTING. Yeah, right. Please! You kids have no idea how annoying you are. And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your parents, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, the collection agent... you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister! We didn't have any fancy PlayStation or Xbox video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your screen guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen... Forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE! You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your BUTT and walk over to the TV to change the channel!!! NO REMOTES!!! Oh, no, what's the world coming to?!?! There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying? We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little rat-finks! And we didn't have microwaves. If we wanted to heat something up, we had to use the stove! Imagine that! And our parents told us to stay outside and play... all day long. Oh, no, no electronics to soothe and comfort. And if you came back inside... you were doing chores! And car seats - oh, please! Mom threw you in the back seat and you hung on. If you were luckily, you got the "safety arm" across the chest at the last moment if she had to stop suddenly, and if your head hit the dashboard, well that was your fault for calling "shot gun" in the first place! See! That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled rotten! You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980 or any time before! Regards, The Over 30 Crowd (Send this to someone you'd like to make smile ---------------------------------------------------------------

Smile

top topics

<< 1   >>

join