It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackberry Key Given to RCMP.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

We had Blackberries at a company I worked at. I recall the reason being that they were the only thing capable of linking up with out work e-mail or something, but I'm pretty sure that's no longer the case.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yep. We're in the Caribbean, and years behind the rest of the world. -- or most of it. My Darlin's charger went out and she was looking to get a new phone. We found out that her excellent plan would cease to exist and the phone company (FLOW) would insist upon enrolling her in a NEW! and IMPROVED! plan that would cost us an additional $150/month. Screw that. So, we bought a remote charger and new wall charger from crackberry.com and everything is good.

When I bought my cheap phone, I bought three of them for the same reason.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Wait -- people still USE Blackberry?

I know, I know "government and business" ...

No, not really. Not from what I've seen....

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

plan that would cost us an additional $150/month.

Oh that's lame. I think I pay about $75 for unlimited everything. I should actually readjust my contract since I doubt I'm anywhere close to using up my minutes.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Cell phones these days should be renamed to "Personal Tracking and Surveillance Devices" or PTSD's for short.

Because that's what they've become.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Privacy experts are expressing concern and outrage after the revelation that the RCMP has had a key to unlock encrypted messages between personal BlackBerry users since at least 2016, and has used that key to decrypt about one million messages.

Okay, it's 2016, so they have decrypted approx. 1 mil. encrypted messages in the last 3 or so months? WTH?? Is there a reason for this? Has anyone been charged with a crime from information discovered in those messages? This is insane.

Can RCMP decrypt anyone's blackberry? from any country? And if the RCMP has the key, wouldn't the CIA/FBI/NSA/YADAYADAYADA have it as well? I've never trusted the government but this is just ridiculous. The word privacy should be eliminated from our vocabulary because there is no such thing.
edit on 18-4-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Oh that's lame. I think I pay about $75 for unlimited everything. I should actually readjust my contract since I doubt I'm anywhere close to using up my minutes.

You have that wonderful thing called "competition". We do not. We can pay and enjoy the services or not pay.

There are other benefits from living here that you probably don't enjoy. This is not one of them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join