It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Earned Less in Year than Hillary Made in Single Speech

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Talk about income gaps, looks like the two Democrat Presidential candidates have one of the biggest gaps possible.

Bernie apparently released his 2014 tax return and wow, he and his wife made slightly more than a whopping $200,000 !!!!

That's less than what Hillary got for just a single speech appearance on average !!!!

The article lists Hillary's speeches for 2013 and 2014 that total over $21,000,000 !!!!

Contrasts can be interesting indeed.

Bernie Earned Less in Year than Hillary Made in Single Speech

Bernie Sanders reportedly earned just over $200,000 in 2014. That same year, Hillary Clinton, Sanders's top Democratic rival, gave about 45 paid speeches, many of which paid her more in a single hour than Sanders made the entire year.

The Washington Post reports on Sanders's income. "The senator from Vermont reported income of just more than $200,000 on his 2014 returns, according to the first few pages of his federal and Vermont filings, which were shared with The Washington Post back in June. On Friday, the couple is planning to release the rest of the returns, including attached schedules," writes the paper. "The vast majority of the couple's income came from Sanders's $174,000 Senate salary and Social Security benefits that both he and his wife, Jane, a former college president, receive."

In 2014 alone, Clinton gave speeches to GE (for $225,500), the National Automobile Dealers Association ($325,500), Deutsche Bank AG ($280,000), and many more.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Meh... I think that Bernie should champion the move for Congress to earn $15 per hour (worked), and see how it flies before trying to mandate it as a national deal, cause you know as soon as Congress pulls something like that, they will feel the need to pull one of their midnight bills, giving themselves a raise since they did such a good job for the folks...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is one of the things I just don't understand.

Who cares what people make??????

It is no one's business. I don't care what Hillary made, I don't care what Bernie made.

BUT

They both sure as hell care what I make and what they want to do with what I earn.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Whatever. Bernie sold his money for ethics and Hillary her ethics for money. Let's see what happens.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The list of speeches basically indicate whose pocket she is in. We pay you for a speech and you look out for our interests in government dealings.

This is just political business as usual. Does Hilary ever actually answer a question? She darn good at talking around one.
edit on 4/15/2016 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh come on the source of the income is important as far determining the kind of character the potential next president is going to be.

They are going to be and are very powerful there had to be accountability.

link   
a reply to: intrepid

Ummm...

Bernie sold his money

I tried selling my money once...but all they would give me for it was...face value...

I must have gotten...Berned...on that deal...

YouSir

link   
Meanwhile Bernie's wife and finances are doing just fine...

time.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Simple metaphor. As long as he's been in gov't he could have gotten filthy rich but went with his ethics.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: YouSir

Simple metaphor. As long as he's been in gov't he could have gotten filthy rich but went with his ethics.

See above

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh come on the source of the income is important as far determining the kind of character the potential next president is going to be.

They are going to be and are very powerful there had to be accountability.

Why in the #### haven't they been held accountable for the past 40 ####ing years?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Eh. They'll just continue to engage in insider trading that got them all their wealth in the first place.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

time.com...

Yeah, bemoaning millionaires while sitting on a nice little next egg that would make him one. I wonder if he does it because he didn't have a real income until his 40's or so after he became a politician.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I really hope Bernie makes a big point of this during a future debate or something. This would be very eye opening to people I would hope...

Talk about smoking gun evidence she has big business in mind. Not the "little guys" she tries to claim she represents.

Then again, any imbecile that supports Hilary already has their mind made up... She could be caught with a kilo of anything in her trunk and people would cover there ears and scream "NANANA. I CAN'T HEAR YOU."

Please, I implore you to vote for anyone other than this filth.... A vote for Hilary is a vote for more of the same ol poop.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

time.com...

That article really tells me nothing. He's got a great retirement account that'll pay him 71,000 a year when he's retired.

He's in his 70's, sounds like he invested and put his own money away in a smart way, and honestly there are people I know that are engineers, programmers, and IT people that make more than $71,000 a year.

Yeah, trying to make Bernie look like a lying rich millionaire? Not going to work. Nice try though.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It's a pension for doing basically nil in government for 30 yrs. at least IT people and engineers have an education and a job.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

time.com...

That article really tells me nothing. He's got a great retirement account that'll pay him 71,000 a year when he's retired.

He's in his 70's, sounds like he invested and put his own money away in a smart way, and honestly there are people I know that are engineers, programmers, and IT people that make more than $71,000 a year.

Yeah, trying to make Bernie look like a lying rich millionaire? Not going to work. Nice try though.

It must be so dizzying to spin everything you don't like hearing about Bernie. He is your great white hope, eh?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

time.com...

Actually, it looks like his wife is the financial brains here if his early life is any indication... But yeah lets have him tell us how economics works.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It's a pension for doing basically nil in government for 30 yrs. at least IT people and engineers have an education and a job.

So it's somehow Sander's fault that the government doesn't get anything done? He's responsible for all three branches of government?

So I guess to redeem himself (but not really, there would always be something else, right?) he should have opted out or refused to take the retirement plan?

What do you want next? Do you expect him to reveal that he is without sin or something?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Never take financial advice from a poor man.
-DBCowboy

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join