It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Fly By on US Warship

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I don't have any problem with not taking my word. Do the same research I did and find out for yourself. Find out what it does, how it's mounted, then point out just where it's carried on the Su-24. Then try to figure out why it won't work as claimed against Aegis. There's plenty of information to do that from multiple sources so you don't have to take anyone's word for it.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Sorry if already posted (only read first page, in a rush at the moment), but apparently they were using electronic weapons to disable the ship!

edit on 16-4-2016 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

No they weren't. There's zero evidence that ever happened and quite a bit that it didn't. Among other things is the Khibiny isn't designed for that, and there's no evidence, including the manufacturer, that it has never been mounted on the Su-24.
edit on 4/16/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
India-Russia report.

By the way, nowadays Khibiny is being installed on Su-30, Su-34 and Su-35, so the famous April attack in the Black sea on USS Donald Cook by Su-24 bomber jet allegedly using Khibiny complex is nothing but a newspaper hoax. The destroyer's buzzing did take place. This EW system can completely neutralise the enemy radar, but Khibiny are not installed on Su-24.

in.rbth.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
India-Russia report.

"By the way, nowadays Khibiny is being installed on Su-30, Su-34 and Su-35, so the famous April attack in the Black sea on USS Donald Cook by Su-24 bomber jet allegedly using Khibiny complex is nothing but a newspaper hoax. The destroyer's buzzing did take place. This EW system can completely neutralise the enemy radar, but Khibiny are not installed on Su-24." *

Already said that back a bit! KRET had said that the system was not fitted to SU-24's, in fact the system is not just a stick on part, it was designed into the newer aircraft. (the equipment "Khibiny" was immediately inserted into the design of the aircraft under development...that's current) That's what they said, but that's all. The Khibiny system though has been around for some time. Not withstanding that, the Khibiny is being offered for sale to other parts of the world, so it still pluralistic, either that or an option.
As far as a newspaper hoax goes, there again, hard to call since a site called Khibiny.com posted that story some time ago,

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway, I see that you agree that the system could have done the stated job, had it been available.

*Is the words contained in Zaphod's hyperlink, not a quote from Zaphod.
edit on 16-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Of course it also claims it's unbeatable and will stop any missile from reaching the aircraft.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with how armed forces of countries work. Is this Russia's way of saying we're not intimidated by you to America?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LordOrobos

More or less. There was a formal treaty between the US and Russia about how situations like this were supposed to be handled, but it was thrown out a couple years ago.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Americanpatriot123

Yeah that makes so much sense. That's why trump will never get elected. Someone with an ego complex like him should not be in charge of the most advanced military in the world. All that would do is spark more wars.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

What exactly makes those other countries you speak of Lesser countries?

As for being humiliated you guys are doing a good enough job of humiliating yourselves by not taking care of your own people.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Again strong words. America is not the natural ruler of world. Destined by whom? Remember 1812?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It looks like the Russkies are flexing their muscles a lot lately. Elsewhere, storm clouds form above the South China Sea.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedSparrow47
It looks like the Russkies are flexing their muscles a lot lately..

Another provocation... Ref: www.foxnews.com...

Maybe the Russians want to start something before Trump is sworn in?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

According to the below source there is a huge coverup about that incident and that the pilots defied president putins orders to fire on the american ship.

Link Removed by Admin
edit on Oct 9th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SolarGirl

I wouldn't but much faith in that site. After reading some of the other articles, I have more faith in Debka than I do it. One claims that a Russian pilot was executed for failing to shoot down an RC-135. The only problem is that he fired two R-77 missiles at it, and they somehow defeated them. The RC-135 doesn't have any defenses against missiles, so how did it do that? And another article claims that Obama is to be stripped of his Nobel Peace Prize on the last day in office. But according to the Nobel Committee it's not possible to strip anyone of their Peace Prize once it's awarded. It can be returned, but it can't be stripped.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SolarGirl

Interesting link. I'm completely unfamiliar with that source but it seems to be very anti-Russian. I think Putin is a lot smarter than that. It could be possible but if they did deny orders from vlad himself it would be to their own demise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join