It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should thank Trump and Bernie Sanders for showing that the elections are fixed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
I was reading up on contested/brokered Republican conventions and more times than not the candidate going into the convention with the most delegates often doesn't end up coming out the winner.

Because its rigged.

It's not supposed to be legitimate. It's clownshoes.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
a reply to: vethumanbeing
I guess she was a conspiracy theorist.Conspiracy kooks saying the RNC nominates the candidate and not the popular vote.
Democracy nutters.

The DNC has the SAME problem with Bernie Sanders; just will not go away *energizer rabbit human*. Hillary bought her super delegates months ago. I don't know which Party is more corrupt in the election process. Here in Arizona 70% of the polling stations (locations one was used to being open for years) voting locations disappeared during that Tuesday Primary.
edit on 15-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
I was reading up on contested/brokered Republican conventions and more times than not the candidate going into the convention with the most delegates often doesn't end up coming out the winner.

Because its rigged.It's not supposed to be legitimate. It's clownshoes.

At the blink of an eye be quick changed into 'Tap Dance" shoes.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

How can you buy a delegate?

Why is that legal?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I for one spit on the GOP and DNC parties.

I will wright in Trump on my ballet. If enough are strong willed enough to do the same, he will win the election.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

How can you buy a delegate? Why is that legal?

Money, Influence and Promises made. IT IS NOT LEGAL; its GRAFT. By another name 'Dirty Politics'. The acquisition of money; to gain an advantage by being dishonest unfair by illegal means through the abuse of ones influence in political power, business. Method/purpose: to gain an advantage.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

I recall as far back as high school, being taught about the electoral college (as it pertains to presidential elections). I don't have specific memories of ever discussing the primary process.

Personally, I've had a passing knowledge that the primary process (and the processes of other types of elections with true primary elections and caucuses and straw polls and all that). That being said, I can say that I believe that while the so-called "low information voters" still have no idea what is going on, those of us that pay a fair amount of attention are justifiably a LITTLE bit surprised to witness what we are seeing. I'm not sure if it's coincidence or a TPTB planned event to show that when it comes to primaries.... our vote in many ways means exactly nothing.

I'm not sure if the lesson should be that the elections are fixed (although in some ways they are). The lesson, as far as I can tell, should be that the Democrat and Republican parties are NOT part of the government.

I'm having difficulty finding the words to explain this but I'll give it a shot anyway.

I think that if you ask the average person about the Democrat Party or the Republican Party they will say that they think they are part of the US Government. (Sort of like how people think that the Federal Reserve is part of the government). The thing is, the two parties are NOT official government entities. They are essentially "groups" of people (not much different than franchised lodges.... think The Raccoons from the old Honeymooners TV show).

Perhaps it's wishful thinking but my hope is that from this fiasco, people learn that one lesson. Just because there is a D or R next to someone's name, they are no more "official" than any of us (until they get elected.... at which point they are SUPPOSED to serve our interests... which they never seem to do).

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

Great, isn't it?

The chairwoman of the DNC (DWS) literally (that's literally literally, not figuratively literally) that the purpose of superdelegates was to impede or otherwise stop grassroots campaigns from being successful.

That would be Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Wasnt the entire "superdelegates idea" installed into the Democratic Part by her? Researching now.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

I guess she was a conspiracy theorist.Conspiracy kooks saying the RNC nominates the candidate and not the popular vote.
Democracy nutters.

The DNC has the SAME problem with Bernie Sanders; just will not go away *energizer rabbit human*. Hillary bought her super delegates months ago. I don't know which Party is more corrupt in the election process. Here in Arizona 70% of the polling stations (locations one was used to being open for years) voting locations disappeared during that Tuesday Primary.

Yeah, Bernie didn't even want to run as a dem.

DWS practically put a gun to his head. Why?

Because he would have split up the votes as a 3rd party.

They counted on hillary wiping him out as easily as o'malley and the other guy and keeping it all within the DNC.

edit on 4 15 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

How can you buy a delegate?

Why is that legal?

I know! right!?

But they can, i guess.

the delegate votes were bought. lincoln bedroom sleep overs, rides on AF-1, applebee gift cirtif's,
15% discounts at GC, etc.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

You have a lot more confidence and optimism than me in regards to the masses opening there eyes.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Money, Influence and Promises made. IT IS NOT LEGAL; its GRAFT. By another name 'Dirty Politics'. The acquisition of money; to gain an advantage by being dishonest unfair by illegal means through the abuse of ones influence in political power, business. Method/purpose: to gain an advantage.

I think you can go short of handing them a bag of money.

But everything else is fair.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
originally posted by: burgerbuddy

John Rodger: I guess she was a conspiracy theorist.Conspiracy kooks saying the RNC nominates the candidate and not the popular vote.Democracy nutters.

vhb: The DNC has the SAME problem with Bernie Sanders; just will not go away *energizer rabbit human*. Hillary bought her super delegates months ago. I don't know which Party is more corrupt in the election process. Here in Arizona 70% of the polling stations (locations one was used to being open for years) voting locations disappeared during that Tuesday Primary.

burgerbuddy: Yeah, Bernie didn't even want to run as a dem. DWS practically put a gun to his head. Why?
Because he would have split up the votes as a 3rd party. They counted on hillary wiping him out as easily as o'malley and the other guy and keeping it all within the DNC.

That all backfired (funny stuff). Just as with the RNC and Trump's candidacy. Both parties now probably wish for a 'hot tub time machine' reboot; the hindsight/foresight "you have to run as/on a third party platform" and will loose. Hugs and kisses too late. The joke is on them as they allowed Sanders and Trump to run on their tickets.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I think you can go short of handing them a bag of money. But everything else is fair.

Goldman Sachs has BIG BAGS of influence (three million given to Hillary). One can buy a lot of influence with that kind of money.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I am just amazed that people are not aware of how the political parties choose a candidate. Or that nation wide primary voting did not even start until 1974. Well for two of the political parties. The rest of the political parties in the US chose their candidates the old fashioned way. The parties can chose their candidates however they want. The Government can not tell them how to do it nor can anybody else. They chose to let people vote in primaries but, not entirely trusting that vote created ways to stop unsuitable candidates that would damage the party. That people seem to not know that you did not get to vote in a primary until the 1970s is kind of sad. And that lack of knowledge and the quality of candidates that the public votes for have been a much lesser quality than when they were chosen by the parties themselves. Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, Truman, JFK etc. Both Sanders and Trump joined political parties that have a process in place to chose a candidate. If they had a problem with the way it was done they should not have joined. Since they did they have to follow the rules like everybody else. If you joined a political party without knowing how it chose its nominations that is on you. If I were the parties I would go back to doing it the way it was done for most of our history. It worked out pretty well.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Well, let's apply that logic of "let the parties choose" to this current election.

Hillary on the left, duh.
Vs...
Jeb? Seems like it would have been Jeb.

What a great presidential election.

The issue isn't how the primary candidates are chosen it's the voting system itself. Winner-take-all systems are AWFUL and inevitably trend towards 2-party dynamics.
edit on 16/4/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Elections are fixed far above the heads of citizens. USA is the world leader. You should accept that. USA will stay the world leader and the only one country that has the power to change the mind of people all over the world. How they are arranging that? That's probably more complicated than how the large hadron collision collider works (in a matter of speaking).
First a black president, now a woman. Even Putin has a clue that nothing will stop this trend.
Elections especially in the USA are fixed.
So what.
As long as it is for the good reason. And I believe that in the USA it is for the good reason.

www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

It is supposed to be a selection by the States, not the People.

Did you just say, 'we the gubment'?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
The popular vote never did matter the system was originally designed that way on purpose to prevent majority rules.

Lol, thats what voting is all about, to decide the will of the majority of the people. (?)

Voting is supposed to keep mob rule out.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
The popular vote never did matter the system was originally designed that way on purpose to prevent majority rules.

It is a good thing that before elections they always inform the public the system was designed that way and voting really doesn't matter.

Wait, what? They never bring that little fact out into the light? Man, it is a good thing they don't control public education then or else we would be in a world of trouble.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join