It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost of a soldier in the Woods?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

www.irishexaminer.com...

A mother has captured a clear picture of a ghost soldier in a family snap she took on the outskirts of Derry Gerri Moran (34) captured he image of the eerie ghost soldier while on a walk along a disused railway line, which runs adjacent to the River Foyle, near the Derry/Donegal border.

Gerri took a photograph with her mobile phone camera of her young son and daughter running through a wooded area between the Brandywell and Carrigans areas. When she got home and went through the snaps, she noticed a very spooky face looking back at her.

After our walk I was looking through all the photos I had taken and noticed a kind of shadow or disturbance in front of my son Finn," says Gerri.

"When I looked closer I couldn’t believe what I saw, it looked like a man - to me it looked like a soldier - standing there beside the tree. None of us saw anything when we were walking past the tree, there was nothing there to see. The kids didn’t notice anything and weren’t afraid or anything. It really freaked me out when I saw it at home on my phone.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Just me being a skeptic, but it really looks like an old photo of a soldier somehow manipulated into the picture.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
With pics like this I always wonder about ghost apps. I've never seen this image specifically, but it is a possibility.

Here is a close up:

Thanks for sharing the article. I don't know what this is.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kieran1

Just a few days ago I sent a photo to someone on ATS to look at that my coworkers were really freaked out over. It truly looked as if there was 'demon' or something standing behind one of the girls...

The very wise member dissected the photo and determined that it was some sort of (butchering this explanation of course) super imposed odd glitch and that it was not anything supernatural.

This figure being 'clear' is different in that the figure in the photo I submitted was not could be a sign that it truly is a 'ghost' or 'spirit'.

Or, it could be some sort of 'ghost' image that superimposed itself onto this photo...glitch in the phone sort of thing.

I wonder if they had been sightseeing and she had taken a photo of something (statue or another photo) that had a soldier in it...?

I didn't read that in the story unless I over looked it...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Just me being a skeptic, but it really looks like an old photo of a soldier somehow manipulated into the picture.

She just a woman with kids why would she bother going to all that trouble? How hard would it be to fake this? I really like this photo because you can see two boots.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

It wouldn't be hard at all, honestly.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I do not see a clear picture of any kind of ghost. Its just that the tree is blurry because the camera was not steady when the photo was taken and because of that if you stare at it then the minds eye makes something recognizable from the image. especially since its been explained what it is to look for i.e. a ghost soldier.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

scary..

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I clearly see a silhouette of man wearing boots. If the mother's not lying, then it's indeed a real ghost.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Interesting picture. I also see another face looking at them in the 'soldiers' chest area. I could just be seeing shadows but it sure looks like a bearded face. Will try to crop and upload.

edit on 15-4-2016 by Starcrossd because: added pic

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I definitely see something in the image. But if it is a ghost, it must be about 8 feet tall with extraordinarily large feet.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The Photo is just a close up about 6 foot i say.

This is a photograph of a British soldier in the 1920's

www.bbc.co.uk...

The fact we see a the clear shape of hand, the head and two boots i find it interesting.

top topics

join