It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did You/Your Wife Crave During Pregnancy?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I don't remember craving anything, but my wife was always craving brownies! A few days before delivering our daughter we were at a friend's house and she ate 3 brownies. Our daughter weighed 8.9lbs at birth, lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dembow

I've heard of that before! A Japanese friend of mine kicked her husband out of the bedroom the day she got pregnant and 3 years later he still sleeps in a different room. Supposedly it's cultural, but she also mentioned that she just couldn't stand him touching her. He's not Japanese, so I think it was really hard for him, but it looks like they've worked through it.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Was she chocolatey?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I don't remember having craving ..first pregnancy I had a hard time taking in all the calories I was supposed to take, until the 4th month then the appetite got better.....at one point my sense of smell suddenly was REALLY strong! understand that is supposed to be good to keep the mother from eating some bad.

no cravings in the 2nd pregnancy either.

my friend (the one who was told she would never be able to have kids) was preggnant and didn't know it, she kept craving saganaki (greek dish with cheese fried in lemon juice)

she had a friend who craved cranberries through her whole pregnancy....when the boy was 3 at thankgiving holiday, they caught him drinking the whole bowl of cranberry sauce!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I know I worry about it too much. I've been able (thankfully) to shed it all with previous babies. But I also think that has something to do with my age. My youngest was born right after I turned 26. This one, I'll be 31. I don't really know of metabolism slows that much by then. My husband has been great, but he's getting tired of me asking if I'm fat! Like any man in his right mind would say "yes"!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I'm 29 and my thyroid is almost dead. I worry about it, even though I tell myself it's silly.

If you had a good metabolism at 26, I don't think it will be much slower at 31.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

cigarettes and wine, although if she tried to indulge she would get sick or immediately stop due to the horrible taste. i think the whole pregnancy she drank a couple bottles of wine and maybe a pack of cigarettes so i wasn't too worried and the kids turned out perfect. in fact i read a sudy that stress of the mother directly effects the baby and maybe have long term effects, so dont forget to zen out every now and then and indulge when need be

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I really don't think a glass of wine now and then will hurt anyone. But it's drilled into you to worry about FAS.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

if u do have some i suggest one of the nice 25 dollar bottles a good red, if your kids gonna party he/she may as well do it right
edit on 15-4-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Lol, I doubt I will. But thank you.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

usually sour and weird things...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Ridiculous amounts of cereal. I'd say not pregnant she averages 1-2 boxes per year. Pregnant, 3 boxes per week. And copious amounts of caffeine (mostly in coffee form.)

No pickle-banana ice cream topped in Siracha sauce or anything fun-weird like that though. I was kinda hoping she would, just for the sake of entertainment.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I'm loving cereal right now. Maybe not 3 boxes per week!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Offhand, I didn't crave anything specific in particular. To be perfectly honest, myself and a big group of expecting friends (yep, we all know what WE did Valentine's Day that year) largely didn't "crave" specific things outside of larger quantities of food in general. Which, considering the whole supporting a fetus aspect, makes sense considering caloric & nutrient increase needs.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Congrats on your bun in the oven !

Fingers crossed everything works out well without any complications and you and baby stay healthy !

I craved taco-flavoured taco chips like they were going out of style... that and orange popsicles. I was one of the lucky ones that didn't suffer with any nausea or morning sickness, so I just stuffed my face throughout my pregnancy... but the taco chips and popsicles were my junkfood achilles heel.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Oh, and congratulations and best wishes!!

Another thing that was kind of funny, yet frustrating for her is that her appetite grew far faster than her ability to eat. When pregnant, she could only handle really small meals. So I was constantly whipping up extraordinary meals by request and she would have a few bites and be mad that she couldn't squeeze anymore in lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

When I was pregnant I liked eating those sweet,whole pickles with
peanut butter.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I craved lemons and now my daughter hates sour things, not saying this why, cos I also craved mango and my daughter loves mango.

There was a women recently who craved eating clothes washing powder, that's the weirdest I've heard of, although my friend craved eating dirt and she still does crave it and carries out her craving.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
You should be eating lots of sauerkraut for the probiotics to build up your immunity before birth, but not so good if you are breast feeding as can make baby colic and gassy.
On a side note if you end up having to have a cesarean you need to swab your baby with secretions from your va jay jay to help build your babies immunity.
Good luck with pregnancy and birth.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I know I worry about it too much. I've been able (thankfully) to shed it all with previous babies. But I also think that has something to do with my age. My youngest was born right after I turned 26. This one, I'll be 31. I don't really know of metabolism slows that much by then. My husband has been great, but he's getting tired of me asking if I'm fat! Like any man in his right mind would say "yes"!

I was 35 going on 36 when I had mine. I had no trouble with my weight.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join