It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did You/Your Wife Crave During Pregnancy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It sounds horrible but I wanted to chew on fresh asphalt..yuck. I chewed on ice instead, but the craving was from being anemic. The craving even comes back now if my iron gets too low, 24 years later.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
Surely you are kidding?!

Yeah, I'm not that old.

Glad to see that there appears to have been no ill effects!

My mental capacity, it could be strongly argued, may actually prove she was a habitual thalidomide user despite it being unavailable when I was a squirmy fetus.

edit on 15-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Well at least she wasn't nauseous her whole pregnancy.

Nah, that occurred when she saw my reptilian face.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sex. Not kidding. The irony is not lost on me.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Bravo!

Someone finally said it! LOL

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

That is weird! Did you live near ongoing roadwork?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I gained 60 with my first, 35, 40. This time I'm at 7 months and at just under 30. Trying to not go over 40. I hve read that a lot of the gain is genetic, but I don't really buy that. I also don't have whopper babies- all about 6.5, so I can't blame the weight on them!

I'm trying not stress about it, but I'm finding it hard. Our society is so hell bent on women looking a certain way.... And I see all these maternity pictures of women that look INCREDIBLE at full term, but that's not me.

Eat as well as you can, which may be hard. I was ill the first 3 months and couldn't handle vegetables, and could only stomach carbs. But try to not stress. Just remember (as I have to tell myself almost every day), the weight gain is only temporary. And it's worth it.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I think people worry too much about weight gain IMO.

If it's not an unhealthy amount (for you or baby) then who cares...

Now, as one gets older...it may become harder to shed and that may add to any post partum issues...

I think water retention may weigh (no pun intended) on the weight gain also ???

My Mother with CHF sometimes gained 5 pounds of fluid and you couldn't tell...if more than 5 pounds it would show in her ankles...little bitty ankles...it was obvious then.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I'm the same height as you, and my weight gain was only 22 lbs.
My son ended up growing to 6' 2", his father's side was tall.
He was a small build though, he's had to work at maintaining weight. Lots of weight lifting and tons of healthy food.

Watermelon and popsicles were calorie friendly for me, but I also had a high metabolism. It used to be hard to gain weight.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

We're you really uncomfortable at the end? That's all I'm worried about, really.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
With my first..I craved meat..I was a vegetarian at the time..so I knew something was up -GIRL

2nd - pancakes/potatoes/noodles - GIRL

3rd - Watermelon, sweets, Tomatoes..GIRL

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

I haven't heard too many old wives tales. Do cravings tend to dictate the sex of the baby?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

True. I totally agree with you, especially having given birth to 3 sons. H o w e v e r, (wow I wish I had another by-line name to post under for this admission!) I...actually....craved...a (albeit small)...handfull of dry dog food (cringe). I think my unnatursl craving was even worse than the clay some women crave and actually eat! There is even a place it can be ordered from just for that purpose. Wish I could have gotten a picture of my son's face when I told him about that. Oh, it was priceless!

Try as I might though, I still haven't figured out what was missing in my diet, or my body's needs, that drove me to crave that particular...ummm, "food". Any ideas?

I had to check for anyone else's post that could beat that one, but there wasn't. Can anyone top mine?!

P.S. No, he doesn't bark, fetch or roll over!

edit on 15-4-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

I think wanting to eat asphalt tops dog food. Just sayin'.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

supposedly...but as you can tell from the thread..it simply doesn't! I had my last baby at 40..so we had to do the genetic testing at 10 weeks. We knew then we were having our third girl
All perfectly healthy..however..I though for sure we were expecting multiples that time because I was SO HUNGRY..I mean like eat freaking everything hungry. I got big fast. I think I had the first USound at 13 weeks..so I knew there was just one in there..

I'm 5'10" and normally weigh around 125-130 so I gained the weight up to 182 by the last appt. In two weeks I was back in my old clothes..but I breastfed..which takes that weight off like super fast.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

Ummm...animal byproducts??

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

I've heard breastfeeding is a good weight loss tool.

I got a book from the doctor which had advice in it like. "Many couples formula feed as a way for the father to feel connected to the baby, as he may be jealous." ...what?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I did eat a lot of fresh peaches. We went to the farmers' market every weekend through the summer, and I got all the good stuff! Blueberries ... peachers .... mmmm, peaches - the little local, Missouri ones fresh off the tree.

I never really craved them, but I did eat a lot because I love peaches, and my husband is not a fan, but because I was pregnant, he indulged me and I took full advantage.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The end, yes, but not because of the weight. It's just part of it- for me at least. Your ligaments stretch and walking is not comfortable. However, I'm sure it's worse the more you gain. Pregnancy isn't comfortable to me at all....

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Congratulations.

My wife is 5 months pregnant. She is craving pickles, salty stuff and mango frappes. *shrugs*

Also during the first 3 months she absolutely couldn't stand my existence. My face, my smell, even the way I laid down on the bed she hated. I had to sleep in another room and everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join