It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did You/Your Wife Crave During Pregnancy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

That's a really sweet idea! Thank you.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Hahahahaha. That gif! I think I crave the gif more than anything.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I couldn't eat very much meat, especially red meats, and before I knew I was pregnant, I got violently ill from McDonald's.
My son actually grew up not liking hamburgers, he only ate chicken burgers.

My cravings were mint chip ice cream, and lots of watermelon, and popsicles that were white, or root beer.
Jelly beans took care of the heartburn, the doctor I had didn't want me taking Tums or anything similar.

link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Lol! Indeed! I've seen the research and know that it is acceptable. Bit, I'm a worrier and if anything were wrong with the baby, I'd blame myself! But I have a list going of things I'm having once he is born- in moderation since I do plan to nurse him.

link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

What is fish paste? I can't think of something equivalent in Canada.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Jelly beans? You should patent that.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I feel you. I can't bring myself to drink a coffee, even though I know that's ridiculous. In the mornings I have a cup of super high sodium freeze dried miso soup. My brain thinks this is fine.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
My first wife liked Fluffernutter sandwiches with american cheese on them.
I thought that was weird.
The second one craved Xanax and Thorazine. (you can see why I changed my mind about her)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I think the first one is weirder; I mean, being pregnant and married to a bacon addict is stressful!
edit on 15-4-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I do have my coffee- but I make it weak anyway. I also have deli meats- that I try to heat up prior, but not always. I have had some "off limits" soft cheeses, but no under cooked meat.

With my first I was working in a restaurant, and would order lunch after my shift. If it was something that is a "no no" the kitchen manager would always send out something else. It was kind of aggravating, but he was trying to be helpful. The combo appetizers he sent were not nice to my waistline! (Along with the macadamia nuts!)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Jelly beans? You should patent that.

Lol. As medicine? I think the anti-sugar people would be all over that. The doc liked it better than Tums though 👍

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What did I crave? Booze. Lots and lots of booze.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

My wife needed steak...lots of steak.

I think the female body craves whatever will give it what it is lacking--she must have been lacking something readily found in steak.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I feel you. I can't bring myself to drink a coffee, even though I know that's ridiculous. In the mornings I have a cup of super high sodium freeze dried miso soup. My brain thinks this is fine.

Another memory - for most of my life, breakfast was toast and peanut butter, with tea, but once I was pregnant, I switched to crumpets and jam, with coffee.
Sometimes I'd have a peanut butter and jam sandwich for lunch....

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

My doctor put the fear into me about gaining the necessary 25-30 pounds, "Or else you will have a weak sickly baby."

Then I confided in my partner that I didn't want to gain 50 pounds+ and be so uncomfortable I could barely move, and he told me about his family member who dieted her entire pregnancy and her son only grew to 5'.

So I'm hoping for 25 lbs (I'm only 5'2), but do I really have a ton of control over it?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I'm guessing iron?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

My wife needed steak...lots of steak.

I think the female body craves whatever will give it what it is lacking--she must have been lacking something readily found in steak.

This is the theory, and when you crave something that's not good for you, they say the trick is to figure out what might be beneficial in it and try to con the craving with a more healthy alternative.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You know, I almost always eat eggs for breakfast but lately it needs to be cereal.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Whiskey and menthol cigarettes.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

My doctor put the fear into me about gaining the necessary 25-30 pounds, "Or else you will have a weak sickly baby."

Then I confided in my partner that I didn't want to gain 50 pounds+ and be so uncomfortable I could barely move, and he told me about his family member who dieted her entire pregnancy and her son only grew to 5'.

So I'm hoping for 25 lbs (I'm only 5'2), but do I really have a ton of control over it?

I lost those 10 lbs? Yeah, then I never really gained weight after that.

They told me during one of my last appointments that they thought he'd be maybe between 6 and 7 lbs.

He was a full 8.

Of course, I was pretty much at war with my OBs the entire time. It was not a good experience.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join