It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HB2, North Carolina mandate to hate homosexuals.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I think what Network Dude is getting at is, individuals are not normally born with mismatched organs. Nor can you self perceive your way into having mismatched organs becoming properly apportioned.

Hey, I have AB+ blood. I represent only 4% of the population.

Good thing its not something outwardly recognized.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

apples and bumper brackets, though. People are born with AB blood. its from the womb (i.e., "natural"). People have walked the earth with that blood type for thousands of years, and don't seem to weigh into how one would use a restroom.

My uncle is B-. Impossible to find him blood, and he's prone to injury.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

apples and bumper brackets, though. People are born with AB blood. its from the womb (i.e., "natural"). People have walked the earth with that blood type for thousands of years, and don't seem to weigh into how one would use a restroom.

My uncle is B-. Impossible to find him blood, and he's prone to injury.

My first husband was B-

Obviously just a ridiculous point that its not the small percentage of differences that matter. Its what's in people's heads.

Transgenders are born - - just as I was born with a certain blood type. But, no one cares about my blood type.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Here's an example of why "its whats in their heads" might not be the final say in how one is publicly perceived:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Critics are scrutinizing mixed martial arts (MMA) competitor Fallon Fox, after the transgender fighter gave her opponent a concussion and broke her eye socket.

Fox defeated her opponent, Tamikka Brents, by TKO at 2:17 of the first round of their match. Brent’s eye injury resulted in a damaged orbital bone that required seven staples.

In a post-fight interview this week, Brents told Whoa TV, “I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life.”

“I’ve fought a lot of women and have never felt the strength that I felt in a fight as I did that night. I can’t answer whether it’s because she was born a man or not, because I’m not a doctor,” she stated. “I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life, and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right. ”

ETA: while i don't argue that a transgendered person is born that way, i also have to point out that we just don't know. Its wholly likely that they aren't born that way, and science may end up with the last word. if its epigenetics, then it could be that they were not born that way, but were 'pushed' in that direction after birth by something else.

That aside, "born this way" only relates to self perception, not physical configuration.
edit on 4/21/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Here's an example of why "its whats in their heads" might not be the final say in how one is publicly perceived:

I don't like fighting period. Male or female.

I'm on the fence with Transgender Athletes.

There have been serious injuries in women's fighting between cisgender women.

Is this hyped because she is trans?

edit on 21-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Well, that and she broke the other ladies face in a few places. That's not exactly typical.

For me, its kind of revolting. I hold domestic abusers to be among the lowest of scum on Earth. The thought of a man hitting a woman evokes a visceral response from deep within me.

Other sports, im more inclined to let it play itself out and see where we go. I think we don't really talk about the physical strength/speed/constitution differences between men and women. Im not sure thats a gap that gender reassignment can overcome. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

That's true, not "normally", but some people are. A minority of people are. Should we discount their personhood and their rights because they're in the minority?

On the other hand, should the entire society have to change the way things are done to accommodate this minority? Was any thought at all put into how this minority could adjust to the world around them?

I'm not against anyone, but I am a firm opponent of crazy ideas. To me, this whole thing reeks of crazy ideas. And sadly for me, it appears I am either in the minority, or the majority just isn't talking. (likely afraid to. see also Pat McCrory)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks BFFT for translating for me. I know exactly what I mean, but I don't seem to be able to articulate it very well.

For the record, I am not a fan of anyone getting hurt. I can't watch videos of MMA fights without feeling a little ill. Just don't like violence. (why I joined the chAIR Force instead of the Marines)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Well, that and she broke the other ladies face in a few places. That's not exactly typical.

I did some research.

There's been broken jaws, exploding ear, broken arms, broken ankle, broken noses, broken cheekbones, concussions, brain damage, without a transgender.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The British Government is now issuing travel advisories for UK citizens going to the States on this matter. Here's the link - www.theguardian.com...
edit on 21-4-2016 by AngryCymraeg because: Argh, odd formatting

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

For me, its kind of revolting. I hold domestic abusers to be among the lowest of scum on Earth. The thought of a man hitting a woman evokes a visceral response from deep within me.

So why no condemnation and outrage when Holly Holm kicked the crap out of Ronda Rousey?

Ronda Rousey Breaks Silence, Admits to Lengthy Injury Recovery

Ronda Rousey hurt so bad in fight she’s been suspended for 6 months

Joe Rogan Says Ronda Rousey Suffered "Serious Head Injury"

Oh wait! Because we don't have a trans person to tear down and disparage. Makes sense nobody has mentioned this.

Any woman of any flavor involved in this sport makes me a "little ill".

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Yeah, i like my ladies a bit 'rough', but not much into that whole MMA thing.

Im just not a violent person in general.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Actually, yes. If you want to do business that way, and turn away paying customers, you will eventually fail,

Like the restaurants who turned away black people in the 50s and 60s? We can HOPE they would fail, but look at chick0fil-A. They PROSPERED because of their bigotry. Many anti-gay businesses have prospered because they turned away gay people... You can HOPE they would fail, but there's every indication that this country is full of bigots who would do business with a company simply BECAUSE they discriminate.

Why did you make the distinction about dirty people before?

I am illustrating why an INDIVIDUAL may be turned away from a business. Being drunk doesn't make one less of a person either, but the business owner has every right to deny them service.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

On the other hand, should the entire society have to change the way things are done to accommodate this minority?

Well, I asked before and you ignored me, but I'll try again... How does all of society have to adjust or accommodate them? What huge, sweeping change must take place?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Freija

Yeah, i like my ladies a bit 'rough', but not much into that whole MMA thing.

Im just not a violent person in general.

I like my men like you. Tough on the outside, soft on the inside LOL

Seriously attracted to solid on the ground men with beards.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I have no idea where you got that rant from what I wrote. Perhaps you should take a breath,a nd try reading it again. I stated that, if someone has a mental problem that causes a danger to themselves, they need treatment, not special bathroom laws. Where you get the idea that I'd rather see someone shot, I can''t imagine. Your issue, not mine.

Umm? Maybe I got that idea from it being perfectly clear who you were referring to as "some people".

People with a mental issue that makes them unable to accept the sex they were born with ar not a minority.

I ignored your earlier comments but did you think I wasn't paying attention? Do you really think anyone reading this thread doesn't know who you are talking about in you references to "mental Illness". I get it - you don't like trans people. Everyone else gets it too.

The discussion is about people who believe they aren't the sex they were born using the wrong bathroom. I wouldn't think there would be any question regarding the reference. Why would I be referring to anyone else in this discussion Nothing about referencing the people in question, who are making this an issue, means Id want to see them shot. You are just trying to stir up animosity. Well, have fun with that. Not taking the bait.

You stated that one's gender doesn't depend on DNA, which makes it a mental issue. You can't have it both ways, depending on what's convenient for the current argument, you know. Either it's genetic or it's mental. Not one for this argument and the other for that argument.

Frankly, I don't care how someone dresses. They are the one that has to deal with their choices. I do care about people using the wrong bathrooms, and so, clearly, do a lot of other people.

Everyone else here can speak for themselves. Plenty here have spoken quite clearly regarding their biases against people with religious views. That didn't seem to bother you any. So, don't expect me and others with those views to agree with you. We have as much right to not approve as do you. My beliefs don't require your approval, so why do you feel as though yours must demand mine? Believe what you want; just don't demand that everyone agree, or put them down when they don't.

As this thread proves, people arguing on the side of transgender issues are most intolerant.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
NBA: No All-Star Game for North Carolina If Anti-LGBT Law Isn't Changed

WOW! I didn't expect this.

After having said last week that no decision had been made on pulling next year’s NBA All-Star Game from North Carolina, the league’s commissioner now says the game definitely will be moved if the state’s recently enacted anti-LGBT law isn’t changed. www.advocate.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

It'll backfire on them I think.

It was a bow to political pressure from people who aren't buying tickets and memorabilia. Their fanbase may not be the most intolerant grouping of folks, coming from a large cross section of America. But sports in general are kinda keep LGBT things taboo.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

It'll backfire on them I think.

It was a bow to political pressure from people who aren't buying tickets and memorabilia. Their fanbase may not be the most intolerant grouping of folks, coming from a large cross section of America. But sports in general are kinda keep LGBT things taboo.

I would be surprised if they actually pulled it.

However, they might be getting very lucrative offers from elsewhere.

I'd bet money is the real decider on this one.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

On the other hand, should the entire society have to change the way things are done to accommodate this minority?

Well, I asked before and you ignored me, but I'll try again... How does all of society have to adjust or accommodate them? What huge, sweeping change must take place?

LOL, apparently something to do with a bathroom. I don't remember anybody bringing this up before the transgender folks did, so you may want to ask them what they are after. If it's nothing, then WTF was all the tears about?

It's not a question I expected, based on who brought this up. I'm quite sure everyone in NC would have been just fine if this was never mentioned.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join