It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HB2, North Carolina mandate to hate homosexuals.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Why is it that the very people who used to promote civil rights want to remove a basic right to turn away business? As a business owner, I realize that anyone willing to pay me money to do what I do is OK in my book and if they have a large set of horns and a pointy tail, it doesn't matter. But I should have the right to say, I'd rather not do the work, please call someone else. Sure it's bad business and I'll likely loose more business over it, should a group of antlered, pointy tail folks get together and protest. (another right)

Being forced to do something you don't want to is usually against the law. But in this case, it's not only legal, it's celebrated by the liberal left mafia.

When a member of Westboro Baptist Church enters a bakery owned by two homosexuals and asks for a cake with the words "God Hates Fags", will you defend them and their right to get the cake?

(If this happens as a result of this post, I do apologize)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Right you are, sir... You expected fairy dust? LOL!

You know my motto...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Why is it that the very people who used to promote civil rights want to remove a basic right to turn away business?

I don't think they do.

The same people that fought Civil Rights are the same people fighting against LGBT rights.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Why is it that the very people who used to promote civil rights want to remove a basic right to turn away business?

Turning away BUSINESS is a right... Turning away customers because of their race, religion, gender, disability, etc., is illegal. It's NOT a basic right.

But I should have the right to say, I'd rather not do the work, please call someone else.

You do have the right to say that, as long as you're not turning them away because of who they are. You can turn INDIVIDUALS away because they're dirty, don't have shoes on, are drunk or causing a scene... But you can't turn away a person because they're a member of a group (like black people, Christians, or women)...

When a member of Westboro Baptist Church enters a bakery owned by two homosexuals and asks for a cake with the words "God Hates Fags", will you defend them and their right to get the cake?

If you had ever been involved in the discussions about this, you'd know that unless the bakers make cakes for other people with that on them, they are under no legal obligation to do so. If they make cakes that say "God Hates Gays" (or other hateful sayings) for other customers, they are absolutely obligated to make it for the Westies.

(If this happens as a result of this post, I do apologize)

It has already been tried. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Annee
Great! Thanks McCrory and Phil Bryant. Now we even look like bigger idiots.

U.K. Issues Travel Warning About Antigay U.S. States

Laws vary from state to state. When you are physically present in a state, even temporarily, you are subject to that state’s laws. You must carry a passport showing that you have leave to enter or remain with you at all times. The US is an extremely diverse society and attitudes towards LGBT people differ hugely across the country. LGBT travellers may be affected by legislation passed recently in the states of North Carolina and Mississippi. Before travelling please read our general travel advice for the LGBT community. You can find more detail on LGBT issues in the US on the website of the Human Rights Campaign. www.advocate.com...

They need to mow their own backyard and quit looking over our fence for gossip

Half of UK Muslims Want Homosexuality Banned

Is that story baloney thru and thru? Probably. Does the headline indicate a similar fascination with oppression of sexuality among their own population?

One country at a time.

That article also says this: More than one third - 39% - were also found to be of the view that "wives should always obey their husbands".

But, both seem to be backed by religious belief.

We, are supposed to be a secular government. Religious belief should not be the base of laws against Equality.

edit on 21-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I don't think they do.

The same people that fought Civil Rights are the same people fighting against LGBT rights.

you misunderstand, I mean the people who fought FOR civil rights, the liberal left, are the same ones that want to impose rules on those who I mentioned.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I don't think they do.

you misunderstand, I mean the people who fought FOR civil rights, the liberal left, are the same ones that want to impose rules on those who I mentioned.

What rules?

You mean the anti-discrimination laws? The laws that say as a business you are required to serve all customers equally?

Fair Housing had to be forced.
American Disability Act had to be forced.
Civil Rights Act had to be forced.

Get the picture?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I guess what irritates me most is that rather than letting nature take it's course, we had to intervene and impose the will of others into these cases.

if business owners were free to make bad decisions, they would fail, and another person could scoop up their failed business at a bargain and run it right. I am not sure this isn't much different than bailing out banks that are too big to fail.

Somewhere there are a group of animals in the jungle with an internet connection laughing their asses off at how stupid humans are. In the jungle, you just eat the slow ones.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I don't think they do.

What rules?

You mean the anti-discrimination laws? The laws that say as a business you are required to serve all customers equally?

Get the picture?

Oh I get it. I just don't know where it's going to stop. I feel like everyone should be forced to watch south park to get the background for arguments. If you look up the episode where Stan Marsh got surgery to turn himself into a dolphin, then complained all over that the business in town didn't adapt their businesses to accommodate him.

It's the idea that everyone has to adapt to a tiny minority, instead of that minority finding a way to adjust to the world around them. Sorry if that seems harsh.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

They need to mow their own backyard and quit looking over our fence for gossip

Gossip?
This the government of the UK issuing travel information to citizens leaving this country to visit the US, we do the same thing for all countries where basic laws of human rights and threats to the freedom and safety of UK citizens exist.

And, by the way, your own country does exactly the same thing in issuing travel warnings to US citizens.

As for the link you shared, please share less bs and more fact.

(post by Rocker2013 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I guess what irritates me most is that rather than letting nature take it's course, we had to intervene and impose the will of others into these cases.

"Nature taking its course" would have businesses everywhere denying people because of their race, religion, etc... Is that what you want? "No Christians" signs at restaurants? "No women allowed" at the local bar? "Disabled - shop elsewhere"? Nature taking its course would be denying many people THEIR rights to be served as the public.

if business owners were free to make bad decisions,

Business owners make bad decisions all the time. They are free to do so. They may get sued, however. If a restaurant serves E. coli burgers, OR refuses to serve black people, they can be sued. Businesses have responsibilities to the public, which makes it possible for them to have a business.

It's the idea that everyone has to adapt to a tiny minority, instead of that minority finding a way to adjust to the world around them. Sorry if that seems harsh.

In what way does a business that sells wedding cakes have to "adapt" to sell one to a gay couple? Just because someone is a minority doesn't mean they aren't citizens and people, and therefore are guaranteed the SAME rights as everyone. Would you just have us tell all the minorities that they aren't good enough to deserve the same rights as white, straight men? Come on! If you can walk into Home Depot and buy a rake, why shouldn't a gay person be legally permitted to do the same?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I think what Network Dude is getting at is, individuals are not normally born with mismatched organs. Nor can you self perceive your way into having mismatched organs becoming properly apportioned.

One thing I know for certain: you can not legislate tolerance into a population. And Ill tell you, much more of this kind of nonsense and ill just tune out entirely, leaving everyone to figure it out without my participation.

Can anyone here point to where, exactly, this stupid bathroom thing came up? Who started campaigning about bathrooms? The religious, or the LGBT community? Whereever that falls...thats likely who will have me roll my eyes and ignore them going forward.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Can anyone here point to where, exactly, this stupid bathroom thing came up?

I'd say transgender teens in school not wanting to be ostracized.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I don't think they do.

What rules?

Get the picture?

Oh I get it. I just don't know where it's going to stop.

I feel like everyone should be forced to watch south park to get the background for arguments.

Now there's an intelligent rebuttal.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

"Nature taking its course" would have businesses everywhere denying people because of their race, religion, etc... Is that what you want? "No Christians" signs at restaurants? "No women allowed" at the local bar? "Disabled - shop elsewhere"? Nature taking its course would be denying many people THEIR rights to be served as the public.

Actually, yes. If you want to do business that way, and turn away paying customers, you will eventually fail, and hopefully learn a lesson. Or do you supposed it's better to be forced into doing something so it all looks good on the outside, but the individual now detests those he's forced to accommodate even more?

if business owners were free to make bad decisions,

Business owners make bad decisions all the time. They are free to do so. They may get sued, however. If a restaurant serves E. coli burgers, OR refuses to serve black people, they can be sued. Businesses have responsibilities to the public, which makes it possible for them to have a business.

In what way does a business that sells wedding cakes have to "adapt" to sell one to a gay couple? Just because someone is a minority doesn't mean they aren't citizens and people, and therefore are guaranteed the SAME rights as everyone. Would you just have us tell all the minorities that they aren't good enough to deserve the same rights as white, straight men? Come on! If you can walk into Home Depot and buy a rake, why shouldn't a gay person be legally permitted to do the same?

Why did you make the distinction about dirty people before? is a dirty person less of a person becasue they don't have a shower?

Seriously, the NATURE way is to let the strong survive, and the weak either get stronger, or be eaten. Do you think we need to regulate all aspects of society until it's illegal not to smile and say "have a nice day" after every sale?

In the past, your arguments have given me pause to think, this time, not so much. I just don't agree at all.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I don't think they do.

What rules?

Get the picture?

I feel like everyone should be forced to watch south park to get the background for arguments.

well, while we are forcing people to do things and all, I thought we should at least have a bit of education that worth something.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

The fact "nature taking its course" has not worked, should be a flashing red light.

The "Let Everyone Do What They Want" crowd has almost become pathetically amusing.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I think what Network Dude is getting at is, individuals are not normally born with mismatched organs.

That's true, not "normally", but some people are. A minority of people are. Should we discount their personhood and their rights because they're in the minority?

Can anyone here point to where, exactly, this stupid bathroom thing came up?

I heard an interview where a chief of police in NC was asked how many times have there been reports of opposite-gender people sneaking into the restrooms. He said there were none. This "problem" came from the religious right and closed-minded bigots.

And this kid's case (www.abovetopsecret.com...) makes it clear that these discriminatory laws will fail, because there simply isn't an issue with Trans people in bathrooms.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I don't think they do.

What rules?

Get the picture?

well, while we are forcing people to do things and all, I thought we should at least have a bit of education that worth something.

You are saying South Park is education?

Satire has been around a lot longer then South Park.

Bob Newhart, George Carlin, Smothers Brothers, etc.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join