It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HB2, North Carolina mandate to hate homosexuals.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Hex1an

Firstly, I am not the topic of this conversation, we are talking about transgender people, people with gender dysphoria.

However, if you must know, my name is a pun, a play on multiple words.

You can make whatever spurious assumptions you wish regarding this, but you haven't come particularly close to any 'perverted' home truths yet. If I bothered to take the time I could also make spurious assumptions about your username, but they would be of little to no relevance. Indeed, if I had to focus on insulting the username of someone here, it would seem indicative of having no arguments of relevance.

No, I prefer to make my judgement of people with the words that come out of their mouth, and to reiterate, your narrow minded, bigoted ignorant views are the real problem here.
edit on 18-4-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

edit on 18-4-2016 by cuckooold because: double post

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

You are proof that there should be some sort of intelligence test that one must take before membership is approved.

Making claims without any real knowledge or information about the subject is called ignorance. This sites' motto is "Deny Ignorance" not spread it.

Probably my only reply to you, I tend to ignore the ignorant since they usually use emotions and wild speculation rather than intellect.
edit on 18-4-2016 by FullBloodedNative because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

This guy talks about perversions so much that I believe he is projecting his own self hate into the conversation, either that or he is a troll making outlandish statements to get reactions out of people.
edit on 18-4-2016 by FullBloodedNative because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

However, if you must know, my name is a pun, a play on multiple words.

Go on then... Explain the "play on multiple words"

I'm really interested to know.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative

This guy talks about perversions so much that I believe he is projecting his own self hate into the conversation, either that or he is a troll making outlandish statements to get reactions out of people.

I think the term "don't feed the trolls" is appropriate here.
Clearly, there are a couple in this thread. One is a blatant fascist, the other is a right-wing propagandist claiming he's an imbecile who can't understand the law he claims to support, you can take your pick about who is who lol

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative

This guy talks about perversions so much that I believe he is projecting his own self hate into the conversation.

Reverse psychology Is Textist.

I'm surrounded by immoral people... Perversity is the politest word I can use in such conjecture.
edit on 18 4 2016 by Hex1an because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Pinke
Belief / mental illness / majority / minority it doesn't really matter. You can think what you want about a person but unless they're a threat to someone's safety they gotta go.

But you're missing the point, for these people it's not even about sexual assaults that have not happened, it's not about the risks to their families that have never been there to begin with, this is about one group in a tribe of religious lunacy wanting to inflict their will on others. This is about hate, it's about ignorance, it's about a religious cult seeking any way it can to attack other people and place itself above all others.

The Conservative, Republican, Christian American is an absolute and unashamed hypocrite. They'll stand on their podium with their Bible in one hand and their Constitution in the other and cherry-pick statements to support their ideas.

They'll recite their constitution and scream about their freedom to be bigots to other people (while ignoring that whole part about no laws giving any religious group authority over others), then they'll open up their Bible and start screaming about the laws they need to enshrine their right to abuse other people and remove the rights of others when those rights others have are none of their business.

These people have a psychological problem, a pathological need to stamp their religious and moralistic notions onto everyone around them. It's some kind of weird disconnect in their brain rendering them incapable of rational thought. If they were rational, they would see that they're utter hypocrites and they would stop peaching their hypocrisy to the world and embarrassing themselves.

Just look at Network Dude, he's presented the same post in this thread over and over and over again, claiming that this law doesn't do what it clearly states, what everyone else can see, what massive corporations, the Federal government and anyone actually reading it and comprehending it can see. He absolutely refuses to knowledge what this law does even though it's been pointed out to him a hundred times already. Either he's specifically rejecting reality through choice, or he genuinely cannot comprehend what this law states.

That is not a healthy mind right there. Sorry, it's just not. But this is the kind of unhealthy mind we're dealing with when it comes to the Republicans, the Conservatives, the Christians passing such laws.

These people are so desperately ignorant they can't even understand the laws they themselves support, no wonder Conservative politics is in the mess it's in, no wonder they haven't evolved with the rest of the country. It seems to me they have a problem with basic thought processes and logic.

I hope you can reply to this as an adult and leave out the name calling.

You seem to imply that HB2 is discriminatory at it's base, or that it somehow mandates discrimination towards the LGBT crowd. I don't see that verbiage anywhere. I see you implying such seemingly based on your hatred for right wing Christians. Is it possible you are projecting a bit and letting your overzealous mind make connections that just aren't there?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
You seem to imply that HB2 is discriminatory at it's base, or that it somehow mandates discrimination towards the LGBT crowd. I don't see that verbiage anywhere. I see you implying such seemingly based on your hatred for right wing Christians. Is it possible you are projecting a bit and letting your overzealous mind make connections that just aren't there?

I and many others in this discussion have pointed out to you, again and again, that this law repeals all regional laws in the state, and that it exclusively refuses to mention sexuality and gender under those protected from discrimination. Everyone can read this for themselves, hundreds of companies can read it for themselves, the federal government can read it.

You, on the other hand, repeatedly ignore this and pretend it's not there.

I can only assume that you're being a troll. You are actively and repeatedly denying reality, when everyone else in the world can see this reality. There is no debating left to be had here, you're either a troll, or you're psychologically unstable. Either way, we're done.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: network dude

I and many others in this discussion have pointed out to you, again and again, that this law repeals all regional laws in the state, and that it exclusively refuses to mention sexuality and gender under those protected from discrimination. Everyone can read this for themselves, hundreds of companies can read it for themselves, the federal government can read it.

You, on the other hand, repeatedly ignore this and pretend it's not there.

I can only assume that you're being a troll. You are actively and repeatedly denying reality, when everyone else in the world can see this reality. There is no debating left to be had here, you're either a troll, or you're psychologically unstable. Either way, we're done.

yea, with you inability to not be a dick, i'd say we are really done here.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Power_Semi

Some people were born men and want to be women, so we have to call them women, acknowledge them as women, and let the use womens rest rooms..

NO, that is wrong.

A transgender woman is a woman, born in a male body.

There is no WANT to it.

It is not a Choice.

Don't be so utterly moronic.

There is no such thing as being a woman born in a mans body, it is in their minds, they are biologically MALE.

It's people, just like you, who believe they have become "enlightened" and have uncovered some "truth" that only "enlightened souls" like you can understand.

Mother nature made them a man, they are a man, and that's that.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

There is no such thing as being a woman born in a mans body, it is in their minds, they are biologically MALE.

Actually now that you mention it I'd like to point out that gender is in fact a matter of the brain as in brain matter no pun intended.

They found significant differences between male and female brains in four regions of white matter – and the female-to-male transsexual people had white matter in these regions that resembled a male brain (Journal of Psychiatric Research, DOI: 10.1016/j.jpsychires.2010.05.006). “It’s the first time it has been shown that the brains of female-to-male transsexual people are masculinised,”

Transsexual differences caught on brain scan

I'm pretty confident that you will opt to ignore the article completely because you simply do not care to educate yourself on this matter. You would instead opt to continue to be ignorant and hateful but I posted it anyway for those who may want to further educate themselves on this matter. The whole brain scan evidence behind this is still relatively new and still being studied and evaluated.

I think just with the scientific evidence that we have already we can quite clearly show that gender is determined in the brain so the term "man trapped in woman's body" is indeed accurate if not a gross oversimplification. My brain drives my body not the other way around and if scientific methods can show that my brain does in fact show female indicators then I'm not sure what leg you have left to stand on.

Your basically this guy at this point...

edit on 18-4-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Actually now that you mention it I'd like to point out that gender is in fact a matter of the brain as in brain matter no pun intended.

Oh shush now, you know as well as I do that science, fact and reality isn't important to these people, they have ignorance, bigotry and religious delusion, why would they need all that pesky science!?

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Your basically this guy at this point...

This might be the best part of this thread so far!
Thanks for that, brightened up my afternoon, it's so damn accurate.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Some people were born men and want to be women, so we have to call them women, acknowledge them as women, and let the use womens rest rooms..

NO, that is wrong.

A transgender woman is a woman, born in a male body.

There is no WANT to it.

It is not a Choice.

Don't be so utterly moronic.

The mind is a biological living organism.

In other words, it seems that Dr. Kranz may have found a neural signature of the transgender experience: a mismatch between one’s gender identity and physical sex. Transgender people have a brain that is structurally different than the brain of a nontransgender male or female — someplace in between men and women. www.nytimes.com...

Knowledge vs ignorance, belief.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Let me try this from a different angle:

BIID and Gender Dysphoria both carry a DSM diagnosis. When Gender Dysphoric people seek to alter customary bathroom gender assignments to align with their self perception, there is a precedent set. I chose BIID just as a random yet similar diagnosis in the DSM. It was the first that came to mind. But the precedent, then, becomes one where a BIID person could then seek to amend disability law based on their self perception.

I guess what I am getting at is: at what point do we recognize self perception as a trump over public consensus? Or, better stated: at what point do we accept that an individuals personal reality is our common reality?

Why would the mental illness disability classification be insulting?

Im asking these questions out of my own experience working in mental health and my own interest and study of human psychology.

I once knew a guy who insisted he was a glass of orange juice. Another insisted he was a dog. But they were shizophrenic, not body dysphoric.

Maybe we need to work on new terminology, so we can eliminate qualifiers like, "they are otherwise sane, but....".

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Here is where I would say to align with their self awareness as opposed to...

to align with their self perception

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

But that is really just semantics. And, if not, presumes to answer a question that isn't really even asked.

Remember: we are still trying to untangle transgenderism from clinical pathology. So im not sure that helps.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Freija
I guess what I am getting at is: at what point do we recognize self perception as a trump over public consensus? Or, better stated: at what point do we accept that an individuals personal reality is our common reality?

1. When the treatment option produces tangible outcomes for the patient, go with the treatment option not the public's opinion of the treatment option
2. Public consensus doesn't need to have anything to do with 1
3. Am not sure what damage the public is receiving over a few people challenging gender perception

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke
3. Am not sure what damage the public is receiving over a few people challenging gender perception

Again, this accurately shows what this is all really about.
People need to stop with pandering to the idiots who seem to think that because they don't like something, or they don't believe something, that it gives them the right to force the rest of society to follow their beliefs.

This is the same argument no matter whether you're talking about the rights of black Americans, the rights of LGBT people to marriage equality, or the rights of the transgendered to use facilities - it all comes down to a minority of people who claim they have a stake in this when they don't.

No one else is affected by any of these things. No one else is harmed, their rights are not changed, their beliefs and opinions are not criminalized. The Christian, the Republican, the general nutty Conservative, none of them are affected in any way whatsoever by someone else being married, by someone else being protected in their employment, by someone else being able to go to the bathroom.

They claim all kinds of things, but it's a fact that none of this is any of their business, they do not have any right to be telling other citizens that they don't deserve the same rights as them, because it has absolutely no impact on their lives at all.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

Conversely, im not sure what people are gaining from challenging it to begin with. NetworkDude makes a fair point: transgendered folks have been around for awhile, and seemed to not have a lot of issue using the restroom until lately. Is it more about standing up and screaming "ACCEPT ME!!!"? If so, done. I accepted them before they even asked. The rest of the country...that's another topic altogether.

WHich brings me back to my point: what to do when other DSM diagnosis determine that they want acceptance as well? I don't really have a big issue with it, like i said. But that isn't the public at large.

There are other sides that Iw ant to explore at some point (like, is transgenderism akin to individualism, and do they really have "being American" down better than any of the rest of us?), but I think this is a more interesting point to explore first.

Beyond that, and to the rest of your points, i have nothing to say. You and I don't disagree, and im not here to argue. Im here to have civil discussion to explore some ideas related to this whole affair. If this thread isn't going to work for that, fine.

edit on 4/18/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join