It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Jupiters? It the hologram broken?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You have to forgive me as your initial post seemed quite dismissive, which I mistook for being crass? I appreciate your scope of knowledge and am sure you can bring much to the boards.

You have to understand that I am not a crazy person or one to jump onto wild theories. I was a non commissioned officer in the army, a paramedic, a stock broker, a tattoo artist, and musician along with a pretty darn good cook. I am well educated and grasp most concepts very easily. So when someone basically tells me what I see and can point out to others who also see what I am talking about, is not happening, I might get a bit defensive.

If you cannot see what I describe in the image you posted I really don't know what to say about it, I see what could be a reduced version of the effect in the image you posted as described. I am right outside of Dallas so light pollution is pretty strong here so the likelihood of seeing Jupiters moon with the naked eye is Close to zero. And since it is the entire sky is affected that kind of rules that out anyway. Though I do appreciate you helping here, seriously. Thanks!

a reply to: ImageInspector

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If it's the hologram, and you explore YouTube at all I'm sure you know this isn't the first hiccup and likely won't be the last... All in all you are correct, it is a very believable illusion if that is what it is.
!
a reply to: syrinx high priest

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

Well I took the photograph, so I was watching with my own eyes too you know. I don't want to be dismissive, I am just pointing out the obvious backed by very clear visual evidence and anyone with a similar equipment can reproduce it.

There are a lot of factors that can affect your vision at night.

As I mentioned before if you suffer of the slightest astigmatism you might see very far away object as ''doubling''.

If you do not suffer from an eye condition, what you are describing is most likely a natural optical phenomenon caused by refraction. My bet is on a form of mirage. Astronomical object mirage due to light being bent by the atmosphere creating a double object so to speak. It's pretty common and happens frequently with the moon and the sun. Maybe you just noticed it for the first time. Just happens this time it's looking at Jupiter.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Are you missing the part about it being the entire sky? About it being a new phenomenon as I watch the stars and have NEVER seen it now it is ALWAYS there, not transient or once in a while. About me standing with different people at different times and locations and them witnessing the exact same thing along with many others in this thread. I could understand an atmospheric reflection maybe you missed that part too. Thing is it is persistent in nature and new thing. I honestly am beginning to believe it is "Cloud Seeding Metals" or something like that.

Maybe the Great White North it is not as noticeable. Seems so far that most here that have said they see it have been in the US where our skies are thick with "persistent contrails" and more air traffic occurs.a reply to: ImageInspector

Eta* If you are who you say you are "image inspector" do you have any ideas why a half moon would show up as a perfect circle in an image I took on my iPhone? Or if iPhone has an image file tag would make it where boards like ATS would not allow upload as "only image files are accepted"? I can't even find a name for the files on this stupid thing, but I do know that I have uploaded profile images from this same device with no issues. I have pics that I can't get uploaded that show some of what I'm describing. Lol thanks again!

edit on 18-4-2016 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Give me 30 min I have stuff to take care of then I will be back and help you get your images online so we can take a look and try to see what is going on there.

Should not be too long.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Ok so I get that you are using and Iphone. Iphones, by default should give you compressed image usually using the .jpg file format. Maybe you downloaded a third-party camera app, in which case maybe you did set another extension or compression algorithm to use.

When I posted this image showing everything in it's place I had to export it from a .tif to a .jpg because the ATS system won't recognize .tif as an image file. That said, maybe some other member could point out the list of supported filetype? I'm new here and am not familiar with all the details yet.

That said, if you really can't upload the file through the ATS system, just share any file you want converted and/or enhanced or analyzed and it will be a pleasure to help you. Ideas to share files are dropbox, google drive, onedrive, postimg.org or imgur.

Let me know, I'll be online for a while as I got to 5 post and I'm going to start a new thread offering my services.

Talk to you later.
edit on 18-4-2016 by ImageInspector because: Replied to the myself instead of wastedown.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ok... My skies are cloudy but Jupiter and the moon momentarily poked through the clouds. I was able to capture photos and along with pretty pinks and purples in a halo around a fully bright half full moon. In some of the images a black line intersects Jupiter completely, others it is not so pronounced but in all of them you do not simply see a round point of light as you would expect. I tried to upload them here but got the same error message as last time. I hope this works...

I created a Public Dropbox file and link titled TwoJupitersAnomoly Here : www.dropbox.com...

Maybe you can cut and paste if it isn't a hot link. If anyone with the skills want to go through them and maybe blow some up and post them here I'd greatly appreciate it! This is the only way I could think to get them here.

Eta* I included the images from three days ago in the same file, same effects different nights.
Verifiable proofs?
edit on 18-4-2016 by wastedown because: (no reason given)[/

Eta* I just went through all of the images in the Dropbox and I don't know if it compresses them again but they are nowhere near as clear as the originals. When you zoom in that dark pixilated area around Jupiter is not there almost like they are altered from when I posted them. Now wouldn't that be something, an editing program that can't flag an edit that fast... Woah.. Lol I'm going with compression or artifact from transfer. If someone wants an email of the originals just let me know. I don't have the capability to alter the file type myself.
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Haha! Thanks friend... I just thought of the same thing and put a Dropbox link in the post above! Great minds think, or something another..,, peace, I am out for the night.

a reply to: [post=20618937]ImageInspector[/_javascript:quote()

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

So...I just browsed all of you DropBox pictures and aside the excessive blue noise, couple of them have movements due to being taken without a tripod, other shows a super normal partial cloud cover, the Moon, a very normal Jupiter, without moons, probably due to a short exposure time and an Iphone small sensor. Everything is very normal on your pictures.

You have to understand smartphones camera sensor are very small, are susceptible to noise for many reasons. Also you use no decent lens and they don't shoot raw.

These phone cameras are only good under proper lighting and have no way to zoom in on a subject without using the digital zoom which give you even more noise and distortion of said subject. The worst is that because you don't get a RAW image you cant remove raw noise or profiled noise or distortion and such. In other words, you get all the noise and optical phenomenons compressed into one image.

What you describe seeing with your eyes is a natural optical phenomenon and your pictures, even in low quality and compressed with the noise don't show anything out of place or even close to bizarre.

Be well and let me know if you need more help regarding your images.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

I am in central UK we have a clear view between clouds there is most definitely some shining faint objects to the left of jupiter
looks like 3 moons In a line ? Using Binoculars..

I'm in the east/south east .. Thanks for the heads up I'll look later tonight we are still forecasted for a clear night

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thanks! I appreciate your time.

If a pink and purple halo a around your moon is Super Normal I don't see how any work gets done up there. I can only imagine a sunset. I'm sorry but compression or sensor size would not add color to a night sky. What it tells me is there is something up there that reacts to light by either reflection or a plasma effect, I would guess reflection, which it seems we agree on. Yes it is a reflective effect of light call it a distortion if you want but it is there and more importantly ALWAYS THERE. Ice crystals or high clouds or other common sky distortions are transient in nature and not observed over weeks at a time. As far as I can tell this may be permanent. Last night Jupiter showed through the clouds that one time that I took the photos and I noticed the effect immediately, no need to watch it for a while, I'm talking instantly observable. My son was beside me and said it looked the same to him too.

The effect as discussed on page one is notoriously hard to photograph, differing focal lengths could explain said difficulty. While I agree with parts of your browse through my images, I do not agree that compression would cause a line to dissect a star. I have tried many times with this device to capture stars and without fail they are a faint fuzzy dot of light, never with a dark spot on or through them as displayed. Some do show movement, I had the device pinned against a post to prevent as much movement as possible. Any idea why the one of the Half full moon by itself would show up fully illuminated as a perfect circle,when it was a clear sky? I have used this same device to not capture perfect images but fuzzy craters and a termination line could be seen, now the moon looks like the sun in my images. A photo (light) reactive layer in the sky would certainly explain that effect, along with the effect we are seeing with our eyes.

ETA*** As I stated previously even more compression artifact shows up in the Dropbox versions like data was changed or lost in the transfer. In some when you zoom in on the point of light you see what looks like crosses or a tic tac toe board covers the entire planet, the ones that show that effect the most are the ones where the original showed a pronounced black line dissecting the entire point of light. I'm not saying someone altered them, just that it is unfortunate that those are the most affected/distorted images

Again, thank you for helping! I'm still going with areas of Cloud Seeding particulates are in enough concentration at least above most of the US, if not the world, to cause the effect We are noticing, as this thread proves. It is not just one crazy guy in Denton Texas, but several people across the forum who are noticing this new phenom. In that context maybe you should be glad you don't see it, We might be breathing this crap into our bodies.., a reply to: ImageInspector

edit on 19-4-2016 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2016 by wastedown because: To Break up a wall

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I'm still with you on this and still thinking about it. My thought leans to light refraction so far and I appreciate the input from other contributors to this thread. I want to give it more time to see if the effect continues from my vantage point. We've had a lot of solar wind particles flowing around the solar system of late, just as an example of what can cause an altered atmosphere, and I happened across a web page showing what happens to the atmosphere of comets, for example, when solar wind particles cause the comets to emit X-rays. No, we're not talking comets but all sorts of interactions go on in the atmosphere and outer space, especially with the addition of increased chemical emissions in our atmosphere (a change in jet fuel back in the 90's plus increased air traffic) which do interact with the solar wind, etc., plus our solar system moving through a different part of the galaxy seems to have brought changes, too. I've gathered that the weakening of our magnetic field also plays a part.

NASA link

I noticed the effect very close to the same time you did but I only noticed it with Jupiter at first. I walked out onto my porch one night and immediately looked up to see Jupiter appearing kind of strange overhead and we hadn't met up in this thread yet. I was only outside for moments. The effect did strike me as odd and memorable. I don't believe in coincidences...

There are so many aspects to consider and I'm just mentioning some of my pondering.

Your moon picture showing a full moon which should NOT have appeared full the night you took it is very bizarre. I've been coming across other moon anomaly reports of late but that has been going on for years.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

That is pretty much my conclusion also. It's like we finally hit a point that there is enough junk in our air to cause a prolonged effect on the way light passes through out atmosphere.

Incidents of the halo or rainbow around the Moon or Sun are not abnormal in the slightest. When conditions were right, light reflected off ice particles in the upper atmosphere was the go to answer as to the cause. Not being abnormal and being rare are two different things. While this was previously not abnormal it was somewhat rare to catch a rainbow colored halo around the Moon, because it required special circumstances. Now it is considered "Super normal" by some. It is not new, but it was far from what we see recently which is a common occurrence. I hate to burst anybody's bubbles but what is normal today was far from it just weeks ago, the halos are almost daily and the effect I see on the stars certainly is a daily persistent change.

That is the problem, the conditions that used to cause these things are now the norm, I find that very odd. It is concerning how people will still deny that there is an ongoing program to increase the density of our atmosphere. They did not do this with out reason or cause, so quit beating around the bush and just tell us the truth! Why do we need this now, when our sky was perfect as it was. The reason it is going on is turning into the focus of what I am on now. I am past describing it and convincing others to go take a look and see for themselves, I know for a fact it is real, something is different than it was. Period.

Thanks for stopping back by! I truly appreciate it!

edit on 19-4-2016 by wastedown because: Grammar nazi evasion

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Ok, tonight's update. I have more slightly better pics and tons of them that show the effect consistently across many frames and even through clouds. I will create a new Dropbox file in the morning sometime.

While Houston is under water Denton is dry and pretty clear skies tonight, if you are in the area GO OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW AND LOOK AT JUPITER AND SIRIUS!!! It is the most pronounced I have seen it yet. Not just that the moon has its pretty halo everytime a cloud passes by. There are rather sparse clouds that bright stars show through, and the effect is unchanged. Still easily visible across the entire sky!

Later on guys! Thanks for stopping by!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Mountains of North Georgia... Moon last night looked "odd". While not at its full phase,the bottom edges appeared to be edgy and not rounded at all. It appeared to have a haze,and the light given off seemed to expand,shrink, and shift around it
Sorry for the terrible grammar and description, I am just now on Coffee;Cup 1

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I'm from hawaii and have noticed oddnes from all those specific stars the past 3 months. Try looking through binoculars, they help. Also would be grateful of you have noticed movement (I do here nightly and am concerned, would like to know if it is occurring elsewhere.) I have also seen the sun set in the middle of the sky, VERY much above the horizon with absolutely no clouds or haze, in fact a cruise ship sailed off completely visible the whole time. what is going on

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImageInspector
This is my first post on ATS. Greetings to all of you.

Ok OP so here is a picture of Jupiter taken two days ago with a 300mm lens. It's not my best shot humidity was high but this is what Jupiter looks like recently. From left to right you have 1 star, which is HIP 54057 and then 3 moons which are : Callisto, Europa, Adrastea, then you have Jupiter of course, and last would be Amalthea.

So everything is in it's right place and there is nothing unusual about it.

Be well and have a great day.

Were you using any filters during this shot? You're up in Canada so sky viewing must be better outside of the cities compared to where I am in New England. I'm in a small town but with warmer weather here the sky is not as crisp and I'm able to see much fewer stars and planets now than I was during the cold, clear nights of winter. Plus, the moon being almost full makes viewing more difficult. (Because of the amplifying effect of what's in the atmosphere now, I can barely look at the moon when it's full because it's too darn bright. It's too bright even when it's just a sliver but that's a whole other subject.)

Since you are a photographer and I'm one of the people seeing what I think right now is some sort of light refraction effect occurring when I view Jupiter and other bright celestial bodies, I'd like to run this by you and the OP. Last night, and I hesitate to post this because I don't want to add confusion to the issue, I was looking at Jupiter and was thinking how it now looks, from my vantage point, more like a star that doesn't twinkle. I've been looking at Jupiter for many decades without optics.

Later on, I decided to put on over my eye glasses a pair of glasses I have which block blue light and then look at Jupiter. Well! Doing that, I could see Jupiter and a few tiny moons. Three moons. The light refraction effect was mostly removed by the lenses of my blue light blocking glasses. The OP talked about how he was never able to see Jupiter's moons before with the naked eye. I never could either. Yes, I wear corrective lenses and have for most of my life.

The point is viewing celestial bodies without optics and how there's been a change in how they appear. What I want to say is the nature of the medium, or atmosphere, through which I am viewing the sky is and has been different than what I was used to for years. (I was born in the 50's.) So, with your lens, you are filtering out most of the noise when you take a picture of Jupiter, as the example; in my thinking it's the "noise," which is now different than it was, in the atmosphere that is altering the view with the naked eye.

I know there will be those who will want to write it off to a vision issue if they don't see from their viewing point what is described in this thread.

I hope what I wrote is clear! Pun intended

P.S. Wastedown, I think some of what has altered our atmosphere comes from way beyond our solar system and is not solely because of mad scientist types tinkering with the nature of it.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Here is the link to last nights images. www.dropbox.com...
Edited to fix link check it again if you have already looked prior to edit.

I used the same iPhone but a different technique which I think gives better results. I used Gaffer Tape to tape my phone to a pole and used the "say cheese" voice command to take pictures. There is not camera movement artifact, the line or dot you see dividing Jupiter into two is really there. Look closely, I did not use any digital zoom at all on this series.

When the sky was clear you will see images with both the Moon and Jupiter, those without the moon that seem to show nothing but some clouds, I assure you Jupiter is there behind the clouds shining through the clouds along with his dancing partner. Meaning it is not a hot pixil causing a line to appear, using the clouds as a filter the effect is still there, in my eyes and the photographs. If you are having a hard time seeing it move to the next one and locate it in the brighter ones then go back and find it. It will be there as the camera was only moved 3 times.

The ones with the light in the bottom right(I think 19 or20 is an example)show my view to the West. The light is my Neighbors back yard. Those images capture Sirius faintly behind clouds along with the top left Star of the Orion Constelation which I forget it's name right now, opposite Beetleguise. They are tough to see, sadly it seems Dropbox losses quite a bit of data in the upload.

Thanks everyone for coming back and adding updates as you can. We will together get to the bottom of this very real happening! Keep looking up!

Hank
edit on 20-4-2016 by wastedown because: Break down a wall

edit on 20-4-2016 by wastedown because: Grammar nazi evasion

edit on 20-4-2016 by wastedown because: Grammar nazi evasion II

edit on 20-4-2016 by wastedown because: Had to fix my link

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Some have also mentioned seeing this movement. Sometimes when I watch it seems to pulse a bit which seems to be caused by a movement between the two points of light.

It's like you took a marker and made a dot then moved to the edge and overlapped another dot making a figure 8 shape without the holes. There seems to be a bit of movement between the two dots. As you look around you will notice that it is always on the Earth facing side of whichever point of light you are looking at. This tells me there is a layer of something up there and I really want to know what it is!

a reply to: 4runner96740

edit on 20-4-2016 by wastedown because: Grammar nazi evasion

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Oh, my gosh! Those pictures of Jupiter looking like it's been split in two and separated are beyond strange. I haven't seen that scenario. Now I see what you mean. Wow! Excuse me for a second but I must have a
because it's so weird.

I wouldn't know how to even start to explain those pictures and eye witness testimony but I will certainly give it some serious thought.

I've been coming across all sorts of weird sky pictures because there's a huge number of people sky watching, capturing what they see with their phones or cameras, or capturing sky cam images, and then funneling those pictures to others who post montages.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join